Your Stories of how Gay Marriage ruined your Marriage

We've been hearing for a very long time about how allowing gays to marry legally in this country (or even in other countries) will ruin marriage altogether. Well, legalized gay marriage has been a reality in 10+ years in some places.....share with us your stories of how it has ruined yours, or someone you know's, marriage.

Post your stories here.
Straw man argument. Nobody says it ruined their marriage. What a stupid argument gays use to justify gay marriage. It's gay for men to marry each other. It's not normal and never will be. Men can live together, fuck and do whatever, but for a guy to say "meet my husband" just doesn't sound right. It's why such things are called queer. Bottom line: what is getting ruined is the institution of marriage.

Same old tired BS coming from the liberal lying left. Sure makes it easy for them when they define what the other side wants and then expect the other side to argue against what they have made up.

It is a lie and all the flying monkeys circle chiming in to support the lie.

The reason that the liberal left has to ask questions like in the OP is because they can't find where anyone who opposes their idea said what they are asking. Again, it is just another bit of flying monkey BS we can expect from liberals.

Wait....you mean all those people who say that legalized gay marriage will ruin marriage were LYING?????? :eek:
Link of people making that claim and proving it please. Only people saying that are gays saying married people are claiming it.

We've been hearing for a very long time about how allowing gays to marry legally in this country (or even in other countries) will ruin marriage altogether. Well, legalized gay marriage has been a reality in 10+ years in some places.....share with us your stories of how it has ruined yours, or someone you know's, marriage.

Post your stories here.
Straw man argument. Nobody says it ruined their marriage. What a stupid argument gays use to justify gay marriage. It's gay for men to marry each other. It's not normal and never will be. Men can live together, fuck and do whatever, but for a guy to say "meet my husband" just doesn't sound right. It's why such things are called queer. Bottom line: what is getting ruined is the institution of marriage.

There are people who say that legalize gay marriage will ruin marriage. Since legalized gay marriage has been around for a while, I am looking for examples of said "ruined marriages". Got any?

Same old tired BS coming from the liberal lying left. Sure makes it easy for them when they define what the other side wants and then expect the other side to argue against what they have made up.

It is a lie and all the flying monkeys circle chiming in to support the lie.

The reason that the liberal left has to ask questions like in the OP is because they can't find where anyone who opposes their idea said what they are asking. Again, it is just another bit of flying monkey BS we can expect from liberals.

Wait....you mean all those people who say that legalized gay marriage will ruin marriage were LYING?????? :eek:
Link of people making that claim and proving it please. Only people saying that are gays saying married people are claiming it.

I have a post earlier on with some anti-gay organizations saying just that....I'll go back and bump it.....but if you want more, really all you have to do is google "gay marriage ruin sanctity marriage"...that's what I did.

So has bodey shown proof yet that anyone ever posted that gay marriage has ruined their marriage or is she just making up shit again?

Articles: Why Homosexual Marriage is Wrong

Check out #8:

Homosexual marriage will devalue your marriage. A license to marry is a legal document by which government will treat same-sex marriage as if it were equal to the real thing. A license speaks for the government and will tell society that government says the marriages are equal. Any time a lesser thing is made equal to a greater, the greater is devalued. For example:
If the Smithsonian Museum displays a hunk of polished blue glass next to the Hope Diamond with a sign that says, "These are of equal value," and treats them as if they were, the Hope Diamond is devalued in the public's eye. The government says it's just expensive blue glass. The history and mystery are lost too.
If an employer uses a robot as an employee and treats the robot the same way it treats human employees, human employees are devalued. By doing so, the employer says, "A robot can do your job, you're no better." What will you and the public think of your job and you?
If the government issues a license to babysitters that grants them the same rights, protections and responsibilities as a child's parents, parenthood is devalued. The government says parents are just babysitters.
If government grants professional licenses to just anybody, every profession and qualified professional is devalued. The government says an uneducated panhandler can do brain surgery.

and:

Ten Reasons Why ?Same-Sex Marriage? Affects Your Marriage

example of what it says:

1. Same-sex marriage reduces the worth of your marriage

Redefining marriage to include people of the same sex is a legal endorsement of the fungibility of a man and woman in marriage. To set “any two persons” on a par with a man and a woman in marriage is to reduce the worth of their roles. To draw an analogy, if a government declared the price of coal to be equivalent with the price of gold, would the cost of coal go up, or would the cost of gold come down? The price of gold would come down. Traditional marriage is the gold standard of marriage. People who affirm gay/lesbian marriage as equivalent in worth to the marriage of a husband and a wife devalue the worth of your marriage.

Just for starters.

Thanks to Bootlicker for giving me the opening I was waiting for Freewill to give me...but he was too chicken to commit. :D

Bumping this post.

John Walker Lindh might have something to say. He thought he had a reliable family until Dad came home wearing a dress and announced he was leaving his family for a man. It might even have had something to do with John turning into Jihad Johnny and joining the taliban. A sect known for executing gays.

whats stopping gay and lesbians from marrying someone of the opposite sex?

This doesn’t make any sense.

Same-sex couples wish to marry someone of the same sex – hence ‘same-sex couples.’

Same-sex couples are eligible to access marriage law, as are opposite-sex couples, where there’s no reason to prohibit them from doing so.

And here's the rub....he's talking about single Americans .... single gay Americans are treated equally under the law as are single straight Americans.

It is only with the issue of legal marriage that the discrimination occurs.

Which is why he makes no sense.

Post your stories here.

There are people who say that legalize gay marriage will ruin marriage. Since legalized gay marriage has been around for a while, I am looking for examples of said "ruined marriages". Got any?

Destroy marriage, and ruined marriages are two completely different concepts

But if it makes an obsessive compulsive feel better, keep posting, then say.....

Nobody posted an example

How exciting fer ya.

But if it makes an obsessive compulsive feel better, keep posting, then say.....

Nobody posted an example

How exciting fer ya.

Then post an example of either or both. How will civil marriage be "destroyed" by gays having equal access to it for their non familial consenting adult partnerships?

This doesn’t make any sense.

Same-sex couples wish to marry someone of the same sex – hence ‘same-sex couples.’

Same-sex couples are eligible to access marriage law, as are opposite-sex couples, where there’s no reason to prohibit them from doing so.

And here's the rub....he's talking about single Americans .... single gay Americans are treated equally under the law as are single straight Americans.

Well, maybe that's why he ran away.

John Walker Lindh might have something to say. He thought he had a reliable family until Dad came home wearing a dress and announced he was leaving his family for a man. It might even have had something to do with John turning into Jihad Johnny and joining the taliban. A sect known for executing gays.

:rofl:

Nobody posted an example

How exciting fer ya.

Then post an example of either or both. How will civil marriage be "destroyed" by gays having equal access to it for their non familial consenting adult partnerships?

You've not heard of the latest gay adventure?

Throuples.

They even are having trophy babies.

True story

Gay polygamy. Gotta love it

Well, maybe that's why he ran away.

Be fair...maybe he's starting a thread on how unfair the tax system is to single Americans, straight and gay. They are COMPLETELY separate issues after all.

Nobody posted an example

How exciting fer ya.

Throuples.

True story

Probably as fun as straight polygamy....the religious groups love that one....at least the Mormons did......:eusa_whistle:

Nobody posted an example

How exciting fer ya.

Throuples.

True story

Straights have been doing it for centuries...it's nothing new. You pissed 'cause queers are copying y'all?

It's not legal. Marriage remains a contract between two consenting adults (or parents who consent in Alabama). Best of luck to the polygamy cheerleaders though...

Throuples.

True story

Straights have been doing it for centuries...it's nothing new. You pissed 'cause queers are copying y'all?

It's not legal. Marriage remains a contract between two consenting adults (or parents who consent in Alabama). Best of luck to the polygamy cheerleaders though...

Wouldn't of been an issue until a bunch of obsessive compulsives brought it back to life. Even celebrating it.

Throuples.

True story

Wouldn't of been an issue until a bunch of obsessive compulsives brought it back to life. Even celebrating it.

Did you find any states yet where their laws require those marrying to prove procreation-ability, Pop?

Throuples.

True story

You should probably look up obsessive compulsion. I don't think you know what it means.

It's still not an issue. Um...Big Love only went off the air a couple of years ago. What, it didn't have gay sex in it so you didn't pay attention?

If it works for them, great...why not celebrate it? There is no legal framework currently to support Civil Marriage for more than two people. If they think they can get that changed, I wish them the best because it does not have any effect on my own marriage and relationship.

You should probably look up obsessive compulsion. I don't think you know what it means.

It's still not an issue. Um...Big Love only went off the air a couple of years ago. What, it didn't have gay sex in it so you didn't pay attention?

If it works for them, great...why not celebrate it? There is no legal framework currently to support Civil Marriage for more than two people. If they think they can get that changed, I wish them the best because it does not have any effect on my own marriage and relationship.

Oh, I did look it up. Yep, y'all fit it quite well.

whats stopping gay and lesbians from marrying someone of the opposite sex?
Many gay people have married members of the opposite sex due to pressure from society to conform. Mostly that produced unhappy couples.

mostly, ..some produced children.....

anyway...bodecea seems to think its ok to put the same pressure on singles
Some did produce children. That doesn't mean the couple wasn't unhappy. In many cases broken homes were the result. Imagine discovering your spouse wasn't physically attracted to you, but was playing a role.

Forum List

Back