Your wife or shooting the guys who want to "harm" her....which do you choose...?

No...more people are getting actual training as more people own guns...because most Americans are responsible people and take owning a gun seriously......

Yes and then there are those people walking around with a gun in their pocket and no holster. These are the people accidently shooting themselves and others. Are you actually against requiring a holster? Anyone with half a brain knows they should use one.

Requiring a holster....? Really? Your inner fascist is showing again brain...and just how would you enforce this requirement for people......mandatory spot inspections? Since accidental gun deaths are only 505 a year....out of a country of over 320 million people is not a real problem........

So you don't think people should carry responsibly. Interesting. You wouldn't inspect people. But if someone is stopped for something and they have no holster you would take their carry permit. If they are involved in an accidental shooting they would go to jail. There is no reason to carry without a holster. People should carry safely.

I agree, people should carry a pocket holster that covers the trigger...but I am not going to put the law on them to satisfy the anti gunners....there is no reason to.....pocket carry without a holster is not a problem most of the time...statistics don't show it to be enough of a problem to add even more opportunities to punish law abiding gun owners......

And yes....there are times where carrying without a holster may be necessary....and I won't judge against that.....since the gun isn't going to go off unless you pull the trigger...the holster that covers the trigger is just an added safety measure....
I don't recommend putting them in your trousers with the barrel pointed at the pecker....

You know....I saw a self defense video of a guy using the inside the waistband, appendix carry position...and I have to say......I would never carry a gun in that position....if you ever had to draw in a desperate situation..with the stress of a violent encounter...the chance you might pull the trigger on the draw would have disastrous consequences.......

The Midwest...

Yes I would think fewer gun owners would lower the demand to pass more laws. I think lower ownership is one reason for lower accidental shooting rates. I don't see anything really having a chance of being passed as long as crime rates and accidental rates continue to decline.

No...more people are getting actual training as more people own guns...because most Americans are responsible people and take owning a gun seriously......

Yes and then there are those people walking around with a gun in their pocket and no holster. These are the people accidently shooting themselves and others. Are you actually against requiring a holster? Anyone with half a brain knows they should use one.

Requiring a holster....? Really? Your inner fascist is showing again brain...and just how would you enforce this requirement for people......mandatory spot inspections? Since accidental gun deaths are only 505 a year....out of a country of over 320 million people is not a real problem........

So you don't think people should carry responsibly. Interesting. You wouldn't inspect people. But if someone is stopped for something and they have no holster you would take their carry permit. If they are involved in an accidental shooting they would go to jail. There is no reason to carry without a holster. People should carry safely.

I agree, people should carry a pocket holster that covers the trigger...but I am not going to put the law on them to satisfy the anti gunners....there is no reason to.....pocket carry without a holster is not a problem most of the time...statistics don't show it to be enough of a problem to add even more opportunities to punish law abiding gun owners......

And yes....there are times where carrying without a holster may be necessary....and I won't judge against that.....since the gun isn't going to go off unless you pull the trigger...the holster that covers the trigger is just an added safety measure....

For the safety of everyone a holster should be mandatory. If it was always the gun owner getting shot I would not care, but often it is innocent people injured or killed. I can and have posted many accidents that would have been avoided with a holster.

5 treated for minor injuries after accidental shooting at Clearwater Beach hotel

The odds are 4,285:1 that your death will be from other than accidental firearms discharge.

And you are twice as likely to be accidently shot as intentionally killed by a gun.

Everyone dies Ernie.

Here's the thing brain. Guns save the lives of the innocent on more occasions than they accidentally kill.
Would you rather the majority die or the minority?
You need to stop and think what would happen if we banned guns. Look at Bmore for example,the cops have been staying the hell out of the ghetto and the murder rate has sky rocketed.
Why? Because the thugs have no fear of being shot by the cops. Guns are a great deterrent,and the idea you want to make victims of the weak or out numbered is crazy talk.

No I don't because I have not suggested banning guns.

The odds are 4,285:1 that your death will be from other than accidental firearms discharge.

And you are twice as likely to be accidently shot as intentionally killed by a gun.

Everyone dies Ernie.

Here's the thing brain. Guns save the lives of the innocent on more occasions than they accidentally kill.
Would you rather the majority die or the minority?
You need to stop and think what would happen if we banned guns. Look at Bmore for example,the cops have been staying the hell out of the ghetto and the murder rate has sky rocketed.
Why? Because the thugs have no fear of being shot by the cops. Guns are a great deterrent,and the idea you want to make victims of the weak or out numbered is crazy talk.

No I don't because I have not suggested banning guns.

Than stop whining.

For the safety of everyone a holster should be mandatory. If it was always the gun owner getting shot I would not care, but often it is innocent people injured or killed. I can and have posted many accidents that would have been avoided with a holster.

5 treated for minor injuries after accidental shooting at Clearwater Beach hotel

Sorry, I am not giving anti gunners any more leeway to punish gun people before they break the law or cause harm....just like seat belt laws...they first said "no...we aren't going to give people a ticket if they aren't wearing a seat belt, but we will just have officers warn them about the dangers of not wearing a seat belt" Then it was..." No, we will not have officers stop cars specifically to ticket people who don't wear seatbelts" and now...they specifically can stop you for not wearing a seat belt and ticket you for not wearing it....and they have road stops where they inspect you for drunk driving....and seat belt wearing...

So no....not mandatory......it gives them more power....for a problem that is tiny....

Sorry, I am not giving anti gunners any more leeway to punish gun people before they break the law or cause harm....just like seat belt laws...they first said "no...we aren't going to give people a ticket if they aren't wearing a seat belt, but we will just have officers warn them about the dangers of not wearing a seat belt" Then it was..." No, we will not have officers stop cars specifically to ticket people who don't wear seatbelts" and now...they specifically can stop you for not wearing a seat belt and ticket you for not wearing it....and they have road stops where they inspect you for drunk driving....and seat belt wearing...

So no....not mandatory......it gives them more power....for a problem that is tiny....

So it would lower accidental shootings which is good for you. Would help protect innocent. It would enforce safe carrying. Everything good but you are still against it. Amazing.

So it would lower accidental shootings which is good for you. Would help protect innocent. It would enforce safe carrying. Everything good but you are still against it. Amazing.

It wouldn't do any of those things brain....dumb people would still do dumb things...and it wouldn't protect any more innocent people than it does now...and it wouldn't lower accidental shootings either.....

Limiting the speed limit to 10 miles an hour would save far more lives...but it isn't going to happen....dittos a new law on mandatory pocket holsters......

but what you fail to understand is that the laws gun banners want cut down on the number of guns that can enter circulation. not how they are distributed . and I don't believe that numbers down bullshit at all. I have received TWO phone calls from alleged pollsters asking if I own guns (I have well over a hundred). I denied owning any. why? because I have no clue who was actually calling. and lots of gun owners deny owning guns to anonymous pollsters

I can tell you as a competitive shooter that I see hundreds of new shooters in shooting events I have competed in for years. Cincinnati went from one Public indoor range (Target World) to two (Point Blanc East) to three (Point Blanc West) to Four (Ready Line) in the last 3 years and the numbers at TW are UP according to the log book (people have to sign a waiver card and are assigned a waiver number-the number of people getting cards for the first time have not diminished despite the area going from 12 lanes to over 60 in three years)

so I call BS on the number of shooters going down. CCW has caused a lot more individuals to actually CARRY weapons on the streets too, yet shootings have gone down

I think the evidence shows ownership is down. You having over a 100 guns supports that. The gun owners there are just have more guns than they used to. Lots of guys on here claim to have over a hundred guns. Also the shooting range business is down:
Shooting Ranges in the US Market Research IBISWorld

If ownership was up they would be doing great. They are however shrinking because we have lots of guys like you with a bunch of guns. Even with 100 guns you still use only 1 lane at the range. In my area there are the same number of ranges there were 30 years ago. And none of them are ever all that busy. It may be up in certain parts of the country, but overall I believe ownership is down.
where do you live

and BTW If ownership numbers are down that cuts against the desires of the anti gun scum bags to pass more laws.

The Midwest...

Yes I would think fewer gun owners would lower the demand to pass more laws. I think lower ownership is one reason for lower accidental shooting rates. I don't see anything really having a chance of being passed as long as crime rates and accidental rates continue to decline.

People carrying guns without holsters are illegal gun owners and thugs to begin with. With any luck they will shoot their balls off.

again....

Debunking the Latest Gun Ownership is Declining Survey - The Truth About Guns

The problem with the majority of these surveys is that they don’t represent the actual number of people who own guns — only the percentage of people who will admit to a complete stranger that they own a gun. That’s akin to telling someone that you have a large pile of gold bricks in your house, something that lots of people might not want to disclose. Heck, I don’t even think I would admit to owning a gun during a phone survey.

That problem is magnified when you do in-person interviews, basically stopping someone on the street. That not only narrows the pool for respondents to large metropolitan areas (where there are enough people that you might get someone to actually stop and talk with you) and also will skew your answer depending on the geographic areas selected. In this case, I can’t find any evidence to indicate that NORC even left the greater Chicago area while conducting the survey.

A surveys is a notoriously imprecise way of measuring gun ownership. Why not use more concrete data? Pistol permits in New York, for example, have been steadily rising for two years now, definitive and conclusive proof that gun ownership is on the rise. And that’s a trend that is happening nationwide.

A more accurate way to portray these results is “fewer people willing to admit to owning a gun than in previous years,” not that gun ownership is on the decline.

But, as always, the mainstream media is too lazy to actually analyze the data that’s spoon fed to them before publishing. That, or they failed high school statistics.

I know...you anti gunners want it to be true so bad...and you already have a bad relationship with truth and reality.....but with help...you can cure that.....

That is possible, but there really aren't any facts in that. Its all just guessing. It doesn't explain why shooting ranges are in decline. It's interesting you have 100% belief in some surveys, but then 100% doubt in others if they don't agree with you.

I have doubt in anti gun surveys because I have seen how anti gunners distort their surveys to push anti gun policies....hemenway is a hack, kellerman is a hack, the various gun control groups go it....the guy who did a survey the General Social Survey made remarks hoping his survey would help politicians push gun control....so no...not all surveys are equal, and research by anti gunners has been shown to be shoddy at best, and lies at the worst......
Speaking of Kellerman and hack. Where's JoeB lately?

It wouldn't do any of those things brain....dumb people would still do dumb things...and it wouldn't protect any more innocent people than it does now...and it wouldn't lower accidental shootings either.....

Limiting the speed limit to 10 miles an hour would save far more lives...but it isn't going to happen....dittos a new law on mandatory pocket holsters......

You always state carry owners are very law abiding. If that is true then yes they would carry with holsters. If you are now claiming they wouldn't then we have to question if they are in fact very law abiding.

I think the evidence shows ownership is down. You having over a 100 guns supports that. The gun owners there are just have more guns than they used to. Lots of guys on here claim to have over a hundred guns. Also the shooting range business is down:
Shooting Ranges in the US Market Research IBISWorld

If ownership was up they would be doing great. They are however shrinking because we have lots of guys like you with a bunch of guns. Even with 100 guns you still use only 1 lane at the range. In my area there are the same number of ranges there were 30 years ago. And none of them are ever all that busy. It may be up in certain parts of the country, but overall I believe ownership is down.
where do you live

and BTW If ownership numbers are down that cuts against the desires of the anti gun scum bags to pass more laws.

The Midwest...

People carrying guns without holsters are illegal gun owners and thugs to begin with. With any luck they will shoot their balls off.

You would think they would be but most the instances I see the person has a carry license.
Man accidentally shoots self at Chick-Fil-A www.journal-news.com
The 45-year-old man, whom police did not name, was pulling his pants up in the restroom at about 2 p.m. when the gun accidentally discharged and the bullet grazed his leg, said Sgt. Jim Souhrada. The man had a concealed carry license to carry the Glock pistol, which did not have a safety, he said.

The above does not happen if you have a holster.

where do you live

The Midwest...

You would think they would be but most the instances I see the person has a carry license.
The 45-year-old man, whom police did not name, was pulling his pants up in the restroom at about 2 p.m. when the gun accidentally discharged and the bullet grazed his leg, said Sgt. Jim Souhrada. The man had a concealed carry license to carry the Glock pistol, which did not have a safety, he said.

Where does it say he wasnt using a holster?

The Midwest...

It doesn't. Could that have happened if he had one? No it couldn't.

Who the hell knows? I'd have to what type of holster he was using.

Then share examples of carry holsters where it could happen. Obviously a holster should cover the trigger.

Then share examples of carry holsters where it could happen. Obviously a holster should cover the trigger.

Here's an interesting article.
SAFETY WARNING Worn Leather Holsters Can Cause Accidental Discharges ITS Tactical

And you'll find some examples of open trigger holsters here.
open trigger guard holster - Google Search

This is the way to go.
The wife ties it off in her purse and all you have to do is give it a good yank. Or you can tie it off your belt and carry in your pocket.

SAFETY WARNING Worn Leather Holsters Can Cause Accidental Discharges ITS Tactical

Thanks for the links. Ouch for the first guy. That's a good warning about worn holsters.

Second link looks like they do cover the trigger and are safe.

Thanks for the links. Ouch for the first guy. That's a good warning about worn holsters.

Second link looks like they do cover the trigger and are safe.

There are some examples on that page.

You always state carry owners are very law abiding. If that is true then yes they would carry with holsters. If you are now claiming they wouldn't then we have to question if they are in fact very law abiding.

I haven't heard of that law....and it isn't the law in Illinois....

Forum List

Back