🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

You're welcome!

The only time anyone should ever vote third party is if they would otherwise not vote at all
That's reasonable, unlike most of the excuse making in the thread. Both Biden and Trump are far, far beneath any reasonable threshold for someone I could support. The thing is - I think a lot of people see it that way, but they still fall for the lesser-of-two-evils con. That's what we need to break out of. It's got us seriously debating between two barely coherent, corrupt geriatrics for President of the most powerful country in the world. Something is wrong with this picture.

That's reasonable, unlike most of the excuse making in the thread. Both Biden and Trump are far, far beneath any reasonable threshold for someone I could support. The thing is - I think a lot of people see it that way, but they still fall for the lesser-of-two-evils con. That's what we need to break out of. It's got us seriously debating between two barely coherent, corrupt geriatrics for President of the most powerful country in the world. Something is wrong with this picture.
There’s no con. If you have a preference between two candidates you need to vote that way.

If you really honestly have no preference then your vote doesn’t matter.

Don’t vote

Vote third party

No difference

There’s no con. If you have a preference between two candidates you need to vote that way.
There are more than two candidates.
If you really honestly have no preference then your vote doesn’t matter.
Every vote matters. This notion that a vote doesn't matter, or is wasted, if your candidate doesn't win is irrational.
Don’t vote

Vote third party

No difference
Very big difference. Not voting is taken as silent consent. Voting for someone you believe in is the opposite.

Everyone focuses on whether or not their candidate wins, as if you get prize if they do. But there's more to it than that. Even if third party candidates don't win, their support is recorded and will impact future elections.

So you’re bound and determined to continue electing shitty leaders?
The vast majority of voters are. That's why things are such a mess. We're voting for bad candidates on purpose. No one wins that game.

There are more than two candidates.

Every vote matters. This notion that a vote doesn't matter, or is wasted, if your candidate doesn't win is irrational.

Very big difference. Not voting is taken as silent consent. Voting for someone you believe in is the opposite.

Everyone focuses on whether or not their candidate wins, as if you get prize if they do. But there's more to it than that. Even if third party candidates don't win, their support is recorded and will impact future elections.

It wont.

The vast majority of voters are. That's why things are such a mess. We're voting for bad candidates on purpose. No one wins that game.

Intelligent, coherent, reasonable people understand that we have a binary system.
It's true.

Intelligent, coherent, reasonable people understand that we have a binary system.
It's true.
Sorry, but I've read your posts before. You don't say much that approaches intelligent, coherent and reasonable. Mostly you just troll.

But seriously, if you're just holding your finger to the wind, trying to second guess what everyone else will do, in some ham handed attempt to counter them - well, that's real voter fraud. Try voting honestly for a change.
But it works. Check out every by election over the last 2 years. All have seen the tories kicked out.
I get what I want. A civilised politician. I dont want a homophobic, climate denier intent on boosting oil company profits, Keeping tories out is a national service.

It ensures that the candidates with the most actual support win. It's a disadvantage for divisive candidates. That's a good thing.

RCV is the one issue that could get me to vote for a D or R, despite my misgivings on their general ideology. If either Trump or Biden campaigned hard for ranked choice voting, I'd seriously consider voting for them. But how likely is that?
That's your opinion. How does it actually work? What are the rules?

Forum List

Back