Zero Tolerance--Teen Suspended for Designated Driving

So excuse poor judgment just this time? Please, the policy is the policy and is subject to chance, but for now the girl gets the bobo award. It should go on her college application as well.

What poor judgement?
Apparently having common sense and compassion is a bad thing
What you do not get is the girl could have gotten someone else to who was more qualified and less at risk to go to the scene. She should be lauded for her desire to help out, but she did so at her own peril and paid a price.

Change the policy, other schools in the area have a policy where she would have been commended for her actions....

What poor judgement?
What you do not get is the girl could have gotten someone else to who was more qualified and less at risk to go to the scene. She should be lauded for her desire to help out, but she did so at her own peril and paid a price.

Change the policy, other schools in the area have a policy where she would have been commended for her actions....

Only a coward passes the buck down the line.

Erin Cox, Massachusetts Teen, Punished By School After Trying To Drive Home Intoxicated Friend

<While Cox was cleared by police who recognized her sobriety, her school has given her a harsh punishment. The 17-year-old was stripped of her title as captain of the volleyball team, and she was suspended from five games.

“But I wasn’t drinking,” Cox told the Boston Herald. “And I felt like going to get her was the right thing to do. Saving her from getting in the car when she was intoxicated and hurt herself or getting in the car with someone else who was drinking. I’d give her a ride home.”

The Cox family filed a lawsuit against the school on Friday in an attempt to get officials to reverse the punishment. However, the district court judge ruled the court did not have jurisdiction over the issue, local station WBZ-TV reports.

“If a kid asks for help from a friend, you don’t want that kid to say ‘I’m sorry I can’t help you. I might end up in trouble at school,’” Cox family attorney Wendy Murphy told the outlet.

However, an attorney for the school told the Boston Herald that officials are standing firm on the punishment. >

Please let there be an attorney that is up to this challenge.

I see no redeeming value in such a decision--the school board's.

The school administration is horseshit. They should all be fired.
The girl's parents should sue for monetary and punitive damaged.
The reason is this will be a black mark on this girl's record. Colleges will see this and reject her applications.
It is my hope this girl's parents bury this school district in so much debt, they will be paying for decades. Fuck 'em.

What poor judgement?

More qualified?

So, if she called her Dad, and the two of them went to pick up the friend, the difference is?

More qualified?

So, if she called her Dad, and the two of them went to pick up the friend, the difference is?

The difference is let the dad go pick up the drunk stay away if that is what the policy calls for. Bottom line the world is full of courageous fools who could have been more effective getting the appropriate party to act. The policy should be changed, until it is it should be followed.

More qualified?

The difference is let the dad go pick up the drunk stay away if that is what the policy calls for. Bottom line the world is full of courageous fools who could have been more effective getting the appropriate party to act. The policy should be changed, until it is it should be followed.

So do you wish to teach kids to NEVER help those in need but to only pass it down and HOPE someone else helps????Not what I teach my kids.

In this situation?:lol::lol::lol:

More qualified?

And if her dad wasn't home? Or if she understood that doing so would all but guarantee that the next time one of her friends needed help they wouldn't turn to her and would instead just risk driving home drunk?

Common sense

In this situation?:lol::lol::lol:

Helping others in a bad situation is a good thing and punishing them for doing so is not. This girl saved a life. She is a hero.

I bet if this teen was driving the other to get a abortion they would have given her a Medal.

actually --if anyone cares--the stats on politics for Andover show it to be fairly equal --red/blue.

Something seems odd--what drove the school system to establish such a policy? Somehow all involved were in favor of this. So many faculty meetings in my life--we would sit there and be 'told'--The BOE says... All kinds of unbelievable things--even several decades ago.

A particularly dark day--we were told--'don't put your hands on children'--difficult for the early elementary teachers--hugged the little kids --and they kept on doing it.

A whole new era--glad to have some good memories. Taught some great kids and enjoyed ourselves for the most part.

More qualified?

School policy trumps parental guidance? Courageous fools?

Obviously all those PSA's touting friends don't let friends drive drunk mean crap?

I am going to renew my membership to DAMM ( drunks against mad mothers)

The school administration need booted out because they are the courageous fools.

My lord

I bet if this teen was driving the other to get a abortion they would have given her a Medal.

actually --if anyone cares--the stats on politics for Andover show it to be fairly equal --red/blue..

No, it's not. Many people in the area register as independent because it makes them feel better about the fact that they vote for whoever has a 'D' after their name 99% of the time.

If I were the girl's parents I would hug her for a long time and made sure she knew she did a great thing.

If I was the parent of th girl that called her, the one who 'couldn't drive' I'd also hug my daughter for choosing the right choice. Doesn't mean she wouldn't be punished, Id just be grateful she was still around to be punished.

And you'd punish her...and next time, she wouldn't call, she'd know better!

[

The school administration need booted out because they are the courageous fools.

That's the problem. They are fools and they lack the balls to exercise personal judgment. No courage involved at all.

What poor judgement?

I used to think that the Internet could only asymptote towards Absolute Stupid, but I was wrong. You reached it.

Wrong place, wrong time, wrong judgment on the art of the girl. To allow this exception speaks to broader issues than this one person.

and if this affects her applications/acceptance into colleges--then she has learned a valuable lesson?

I don't see it. Just can't see it.

Certainly sounds like there is considerable partying in Andover. School terrified of any liability---so the policy benefits the school district? That's all I've got.
So excuse poor judgment just this time? Please, the policy is the policy and is subject to chance, but for now the girl gets the bobo award. It should go on her college application as well.

Did you not read the article, are you trolling, or are you truly this unhinged?

Forum List

Back