Zimmermans First Appearance On Television Today. Looks More Hispanic Than White.

Anyone notice his eyes? They kept rolling in his head? He kept blinking to get it to stop. Wondering of that was from the head slamming the concrete. But I have to admit I saw nothing on the back of his head when he turned to walk out of court.

how many weeks have passed?

PLEASE...I was a young PUP but remember the times, and SIDE with Dr. King. :eusa_hand:

Thank Me.

I call bullshit.

I don't know about that but I do know today's black leaders sound very unlike Dr. King to me.

0ea66e71b2proud.jpg.jpg

They rode in on his coattails...and have perverted his words.

I'm not positive the Black Panthers have done anything but make idiotic threats against Zimmerman personally. Outrageous, Yes, but I must have missed the race war calls.

That only came from the right. There are black Hispanics and White Hispanics. Rebublicans don't understand this so once again, the GOP takes advantage of their stupids stupidity. What else is new?

I'm not positive the Black Panthers have done anything but make idiotic threats against Zimmerman personally. Outrageous, Yes, but I must have missed the race war calls.

That only came from the right. There are black Hispanics and White Hispanics. Rebublicans don't understand this so once again, the GOP takes advantage of their stupids stupidity. What else is new?

are you gonna stand there with a straight face and try to tell us the NBP did not call for a race war? Really?

are you gonna stand there with a straight face and try to tell us the NBP did not call for a race war? Really?

yes, stupid.

Alan Dershowitz, the Harvard professor known for decades as the great liberal, says the affidavit presented to the judge will not substantiate continuing with a charge of murder in the 2nd. He says it is an unethical and immoral document, aimed at forcing GZ to accept a plea to voluntary manslaughter. On "Hardball" of all places.

Again, for the slow:

White: race
Hispanic: Ethnicity

God, this concept is just like second grade* for you, innit?

*long and hard

I made A's in biology. I know the technical definitions of race.

I also am well read enough to know that census demographics separate out non-Hispanic caucasians from Hispanics and regard Hispanics as a separate race for demographical purposes as opposed to not separating out the Italians, Greeks, and Irish who are also ethnic groups. In fact ethnic Italians, Greeks, and Irish can be even more identifiable than can "Hispanic" as an ethnicity since they throw Spanish, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Central and South Americans all into the same "Hispanic" pot and these are dramatically different ethnically.

Of course some people need more than a second grade education to know that and more importantly, to understand it. So, we make allowances.

The fact that Zimmerman was identified as a WHITE Hispanic is profoundly significant in this case. I have never heard a Hispanic described that way ever until this case.

And it is race baiting.
Revisions to the Standards for the Classification of Federal Data on Race and Ethnicity | The White House

Yes, I am well aware of this document too having helped coach a local debate club on this very subject.

And no technical jargon or legaleze or scientific definitions change the fact that Hispanics are treated as a 'race' in this country and anybody who makes a critical comment regarding a member of that 'ethnic group' is instantly accused of being RACIST.

. . . . UNLESS. . . .of course it is necessary to transform the "Hispanic" into a "WHITE MAN" for purposes of demonization.

But I hope the folks that are so desperate to make Zimmerman a WHITE MAN will remember their passionate assertions here the next time the subject turns again to illegal immigration and Mexican cartels and, in the interest of intellectual honesty and integrity, they are forced to refrain from accusing people of being RACIST for after all the subjects are 'white" are they not?

Alan Dershowitz, the Harvard professor known for decades as the great liberal, says the affidavit presented to the judge will not substantiate continuing with a charge of murder in the 2nd. He says it is an unethical and immoral document, aimed at forcing GZ to accept a plea to voluntary manslaughter. On "Hardball" of all places.

he can't be forced to accept a plea.. he can demand a trial by his peers..

I also am well read enough to know that census demographics separate out non-Hispanic caucasians from Hispanics and regard Hispanics as a separate race for demographical purposes as opposed to not separating out the Italians, Greeks, and Irish who are also ethnic groups. In fact ethnic Italians, Greeks, and Irish can be even more identifiable than can "Hispanic" as an ethnicity since they throw Spanish, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Central and South Americans all into the same "Hispanic" pot and these are dramatically different ethnically.

Of course some people need more than a second grade education to know that and more importantly, to understand it. So, we make allowances.

The fact that Zimmerman was identified as a WHITE Hispanic is profoundly significant in this case. I have never heard a Hispanic described that way ever until this case.

And it is race baiting.
Revisions to the Standards for the Classification of Federal Data on Race and Ethnicity | The White House

Yes, I am well aware of this document too having helped coach a local debate club on this very subject.

And no technical jargon or legaleze or scientific definitions change the fact that Hispanics are treated as a 'race' in this country and anybody who makes a critical comment regarding a member of that 'ethnic group' is instantly accused of being RACIST.

. . . . UNLESS. . . .of course it is necessary to transform the "Hispanic" into a "WHITE MAN" for purposes of demonization.

But I hope the folks that are so desperate to make Zimmerman a WHITE MAN will remember their passionate assertions here the next time the subject turns again to illegal immigration and Mexican cartels and, in the interest of intellectual honesty and integrity, they are forced to refrain from accusing people of being RACIST for after all the subjects are 'white" are they not?

I think you just painted their asses into the corner. It will be interesting to see how the spin their way out.

so an Hispanic kills a black man, therefore the Black Panthers and Black Leaders want to blame the White Race? where is the logic in that?

Considering Zimmerman is "half white", and the NAACP and Black Panthers have called for violence.........I wonder if they'll blame our "half white" president for allowing profiling to keep happening?

BTW, if Zimmerman and Trayvon were BOTH black, this woulda been an also-ran story in the local Orlando paper, section F.

A black death is only a tragedy if a non-black did it........or it would seem so if judging by the reactions of the NAACP to each.

exactly, if a black person had killed Trayvon we wouldn't be having this discussion. I'd love to know what the Hispanics are thinking.

He would already be in prison. Blacks that murder blacks if apprehended are arrested, put on trial and go to prison. VI

And it is race baiting.

I remember that not so long ago, on another board, the resident liberals tried to tar and feather me, for my anti-illegal immigrant sentiment. Of special offense to them was my assertion that the same, whatever it was, was NOT racist, since "Latino" or Hispanic" or "Mexican" is an ethnicity and/or nationality, but not a race. I was immediately lectured on why "Hispanic" IS a race, the fact that some of my Mexican friends who were born in Mexico, of Mexican ancestry, look as White as I do notwithstanding. I was assured that despite any such appearance, any and ALL Hispanics "are people of color" and therefore designated victims of racism, a tenet which supposedly is beyond any legitimate question, or so I was informed. Imagine my surprise, upon hearing the assertion, here and elsewhere, that Hispanics are a "race", but Hispanics liberals want to demonize are in fact "White". I detect the malodorous scent of hypocrisy here.

Forum List

Back