Zimmermans First Appearance On Television Today. Looks More Hispanic Than White.

Yes, I am well aware of this document too having helped coach a local debate club on this very subject.

And no technical jargon or legaleze or scientific definitions change the fact that Hispanics are treated as a 'race' in this country and anybody who makes a critical comment regarding a member of that 'ethnic group' is instantly accused of being RACIST.

. . . . UNLESS. . . .of course it is necessary to transform the "Hispanic" into a "WHITE MAN" for purposes of demonization.

But I hope the folks that are so desperate to make Zimmerman a WHITE MAN will remember their passionate assertions here the next time the subject turns again to illegal immigration and Mexican cartels and, in the interest of intellectual honesty and integrity, they are forced to refrain from accusing people of being RACIST for after all the subjects are 'white" are they not?

Hispanic is in fact an ethnicity. Most people that throw around the word "racist" often misuse the word. No one is transforming Zimmerman into a white man as I have shown, the term White Hispanic has been around for at least 9 years. It has only become a part of mainstream terminology recently and that is where you may be confused.

Also, people were ever concerned with Hispanics crossing the border from Mexico. The term was either illegal immigrants or Mexicans. People choose what little boxes to put people in to fit their agenda. That doesn't mean that their boxes are correct, just convenient.

I remember that not so long ago, on another board, the resident liberals tried to tar and feather me, for my anti-illegal immigrant sentiment. Of special offense to them was my assertion that the same, whatever it was, was NOT racist, since "Latino" or Hispanic" or "Mexican" is an ethnicity and/or nationality, but not a race. I was immediately lectured on why "Hispanic" IS a race, the fact that some of my Mexican friends who were born in Mexico, of Mexican ancestry, look as White as I do notwithstanding. I was assured that despite any such appearance, any and ALL Hispanics "are people of color" and therefore designated victims of racism, a tenet which supposedly is beyond any legitimate question, or so I was informed. Imagine my surprise, upon hearing the assertion, here and elsewhere, that Hispanics are a "race", but Hispanics liberals want to demonize are in fact "White". I detect the malodorous scent of hypocrisy here.

You were misinformed. Hispanic is an ethnicity and is protected with the same laws that protect race, religion, sexuality, etc. Good thing you're here now so you can be well-informed. :clap2:

Alan Dershowitz, the Harvard professor known for decades as the great liberal, says the affidavit presented to the judge will not substantiate continuing with a charge of murder in the 2nd. He says it is an unethical and immoral document, aimed at forcing GZ to accept a plea to voluntary manslaughter. On "Hardball" of all places.

he can't be forced to accept a plea.. he can demand a trial by his peers..

No, he can't, but I suspect that prosecution is trying to force a plea bargain by scaring him. If he has good attorneys, he can push back hard.

Alan Dershowitz, the Harvard professor known for decades as the great liberal, says the affidavit presented to the judge will not substantiate continuing with a charge of murder in the 2nd. He says it is an unethical and immoral document, aimed at forcing GZ to accept a plea to voluntary manslaughter. On "Hardball" of all places.

he can't be forced to accept a plea.. he can demand a trial by his peers..

Ok! Fine, as I see it, some of us can select the peers as we needed them, that do meet are needs. So what, Is this wrong? As it not eqaul, or fair and so what! I can live with that, As THAT HOW IT ALL WORKS IN THE FIRST PLACE! Zim'er is a little short here, how can we all correct this small flaw in the system for Mr. Z as to MONEY needed?

Last edited:
The money will be there, I am sure, witnessed by the screaming of wing nut extremist racists on this board.

I do agree that the $$$ plays too much role in our legal system.

In a A.P. photo he appears dark hispanic as opposed to the "official" mug shot where he looks white. Will it make a difference? Far from the "right-wing cracker" the new black panthers described in their lynch mob hysteria, it seems that Zimmerman is a dark hispanic registered democrat.

In a A.P. photo he appears dark hispanic as opposed to the "official" mug shot where he looks white. Will it make a difference? Far from the "right-wing cracker" the new black panthers described in their lynch mob hysteria, it seems that Zimmerman is a dark hispanic registered democrat.

Oooooo! A DARK Hispanic! Ooooooo!

Oooooo! A DARK Hispanic! Ooooooo!

Hey! its all the Zimmerman lovers can come up with!:lol:

Now tell us.. who has the brownest skin in this photo?

side by side.. a black gentleman, an hispanic gentleman and a white gentleman.

The Black guy? :confused:

BINGO! And Zimmerman's mother is said to be of Peruvian heritage, still WHITE.

Wow, are you clueless. One, who told you Peruvians are all white? Two, you're impressing no one with this pigheadedly oblivious clinging to narrow anthropological definitions. Hispanic may be an ethnicity rather than a race, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a DIFFERENT ethnicity than "white".

No amount of semantic hair-splitting and excuse-making is going to erase the fact that the left is being incredibly disingenuous in order to railroad this man for political gain.

Are you guys really arguing over how white he is? he's hispanic and that along with blacks will be an issue for democrats, they try to pander to groups and 2 big minority groups that kill alot.....oooohh baby it's gonna be a barnburner.

But I hope the folks that are so desperate to make Zimmerman a WHITE MAN will remember their passionate assertions here the next time the subject turns again to illegal immigration and Mexican cartels and, in the interest of intellectual honesty and integrity, they are forced to refrain from accusing people of being RACIST for after all the subjects are 'white" are they not?

Gosh, how can we ever compete with the expertise of a local debater.

You don't understand that ETHNICITY has to do with nation of origin? So, Italians...Italy. Greeks....Greece. Mexicans...Mexico. Italian is an Ethnicity. The race of an Italian is Caucasian. It's not a perfect system, but that's how it's categorized in the U.S.

Ethnicity is not race. Italians are still considered to be Caucasians. Spaniards are also Caucasians, for the most part. Hispanic is a generalized term that refers to people of SPANISH DESCENT who come from countries which are found in Europe, North America, South America, Central American, and the Caribbean. In other words, Spain and all of her former colonies. Most Hispanics are one of three races (or a mix of 2-3): white/caucasian/European; black (brazilian/honduran/dominican, etc.); and indigenous peoples .

I know you're super smart and all, what with coaching all those homeschooled debaters, but you're wrong.

Immigration status is not determined by race. It's determined by your legal status to be in this (or any other country). A white person from Canada, who immigrates to the U.S., but who does not have the appropriate permissions to be here, is an illegal immigrant. A black person from Africa who comes here without the proper permissions and documentations is ALSO an illegal . "Illegal Immigrant" is not a blanket reference to Hispanics or Mexicans, it's a reference to their legal status to be in this country, regardless of where they came from or what their race is.

People who use the term "illegals" as a catchphrase for Mexicans are retarded. A mexican immigrant may well have an illegal immigration status, but not all Mexicans are here illegally, nor are all illegal immigrants from Mexico or Central America. In fact, there are many Mexican-Americans whose ancestry dates much farther back as a resident of this country than yours may (see "Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo"). And, the overwhelming majority of those Mexican-Americans identify as white people with Hispanic ethnicity.

I can't believe this shit actually has to be spelled out to a grown woman.

Last edited:

How do you feel after hearing that, Jake? Does it cause you to question any of your assumptions about, or perceptions of, this case?

I have had tremendous respect for this guy for more than 40 years. He is the Robert Bork of the left as a thinker and philosopher of law. If he says the affidavit can't prove Murder in the 2nd, then either the prosecution is holding on to evidence and not showing it, or prosecution is bluffing as to what it does have. AD is not all impressed with the Stand Your Ground Law in this case, and I think he suggested that voluntary manslaughter could be defended by prosecution with success.

So we will wait and see. If the charges are trimmed to Voluntary, I think the Judge has to grant bail and limited freedom to the accused.

Gosh, how can we ever compete with the expertise of a local debater.

You don't understand that ETHNICITY has to do with nation of origin? So, Italians...Italy. Greeks....Greece. Mexicans...Mexico. Italian is an Ethnicity. The race of an Italian is Caucasian. It's not a perfect system, but that's how it's categorized in the U.S.

Ethnicity is not race. Italians are still considered to be Caucasians. Spaniards are also Caucasians, for the most part. Hispanic is a generalized term that refers to people of SPANISH DESCENT who come from countries which are found in Europe, North America, South America, Central American, and the Caribbean. In other words, Spain and all of her former colonies. Most Hispanics are one of three races (or a mix of 2-3): white/caucasian/European; black (dominican/honduran/dominican; and indigenous peoples .

I know you're super smart and all, what with coaching all those homeschooled debaters, but you're wrong.
e
Immigration status is not determined by race. It's determined by your legal status to be in this (or any other country). A white person from Canada, who immigrates to the U.S., but who does not have the appropriate permissions to be here, is an illegal immigrant. A black person from Africa who comes here without the proper permissions and documentations is ALSO an illegal . "Illegal Immigrant" is not a blanket reference to Hispanics or Mexicans, it's a reference to their legal status to be in this country, regardless of where they came from or what their race is.

People who use the term "illegals" as a catchphrase for Mexicans are retarded. A mexican immigrant may well have an illegal immigration status, but not all Mexicans are here illegally, nor are all illegal immigrants from Mexico or Central America. In fact, there are many Mexican-Americans whose ancestry dates much farther back as a resident of this country than yours may (see "Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo").

I can't believe this shit actually has to be spelled out to a grown woman.

It was the Moops!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia02fGpUQfU]Seinfeld - Moops! - YouTube[/ame]

Nope, it was the 'moops'. One of George Costanza's best lines. Led to the Bubble Boys protective environment being collapsed.

I have had tremendous respect for this guy for more than 40 years. He is the Robert Bork of the left as a thinker and philosopher of law. If he says the affidavit can't prove Murder in the 2nd, then either the prosecution is holding on to evidence and not showing it, or prosecution is bluffing as to what it does have. AD is not all impressed with the Stand Your Ground Law in this case, and I think he suggested that voluntary manslaughter could be defended by prosecution with success.

So we will wait and see. If the charges are trimmed to Voluntary, I think the Judge has to grant bail and limited freedom to the accused.

If I'm his lawyer, I don't know if I actually want bail; it's probably easier to keep Zimmerman safe (in the short term) where he is, than on the street. Frankly, the state has an interest in that too; it will not do, to have someone kill the man, (or even attempt to) before a trial, and in these circumstances, that is a significant risk.

More to the point, is, what do you think of Dershowitz's characterization of the charging document as "unethical and immoral"?

:omg::poke::eusa_doh:
Did any of you catch it around 1:40pm (a few minutes ago). First footage of Zimmerman in court. Looks like the trial may not begin till late May.
Now, did Zimmerman appear as that White Murderer that Black Leaders have painted him?

He was not "light skinned". if anything, far from it.
Let's see how much longer Blacks will accuse a white man of killing a black man now that the world will see that Zimmerman is more Hispanic than White.
:stupid:

The police first identified Zimmerman as a white guy. You know why? Yep, the police are race baiters. Isnt that how your logic works?

Forum List

Back