Zuckerberg hearing thread

Zuck sold out!

Zuck' was 'IN LEAGUE' with the Russians and now we see Mueller as well....
But yet the DNC looks over or turns apologist towards criminals.

05f7917b06abb807cb03c97a9df50264.jpg

I wonder if liberals really think the rest of America are going to put up with the likes of Suckerberg and the Mewler witch hunt?

Do they realize they've crossed the line?
Who crossed a line that was plainly stated by FB? Only FB users when they felt the need to put their sh*t on FB.

I don't use FB. Why?
  • Because I'm no so self-unassured that I need the approbation of others telling me they like what I have to say.
  • Because the people with whom I want to share what I'm doing in my life and when I do it, and what I like and don't like, think and don't think, believe and don't believe, etc. communicate with me the same way people have for ages...by phone, in person, by email or letters...and none of need FB to keep in touch, certainly not for as long as there have been telephones.
  • Because if one doesn't have a phone number for me, one doesn't need to know what's going on with me.
  • Because oodles of news and information are readily available one the Internet and search engines have been invented, so I can any one of them to find it.
  • Because I read the damn TOS and decided I didn't want to make my "stuff" available to FB and its affiliates.
I'm not saying that folks shouldn't use FB. I'm saying that in choosing to use it, one was informed about the consequences of using FB. Use it or don't, but don't complain or blame someone else because one's use of it has resulted in one's usage patterns and information being used as one was informed it would be.

I wonder if liberals really think the rest of America are going to put up with the likes of Suckerberg and the Mewler witch hunt?

Who crossed a line that was plainly stated by FB? Only FB users when they felt the need to put their sh*t on FB.

I don't use FB. Why?
  • Because I'm no so self-unassured that I need the approbation of others telling me they like what I have to say.
  • Because the people with whom I want to share what I'm doing in my life and when I do it, and what I like and don't like, think and don't think, believe and don't believe, etc. communicate with me the same way people have for ages...by phone, in person, by email or letters...and none of need FB to keep in touch, certainly not for as long as there have been telephones.
  • Because if one doesn't have a phone number for me, one doesn't need to know what's going on with me.
  • Because oodles of news and information are readily available one the Internet and search engines have been invented, so I can any one of them to find it.
  • Because I read the damn TOS and decided I didn't want to make my "stuff" available to FB and its affiliates.
I'm not saying that folks shouldn't use FB. I'm saying that in choosing to use it, one was informed about the consequences of using FB. Use it or don't, but don't complain or blame someone else because one's use of it has resulted in one's usage patterns and information being used as one was informed it would be.

Your whining falls on deaf ears considering I dont use FB.

I don't use FB. Why?

Let me be clear: I'm not the one whining. I'm the one saying to folks who are, to folks who've taken umbrage o over how their FB data has been used, "Quit you're whining about what is your own fault."

I don't use FB. Why?

Let me be clear: I'm not the one whining. I'm the one saying to folks who are, to folks who've taken umbrage o over how their FB data has been used, "Quit you're whining about what is your own fault."

It ain't my fault.
Blame the leftist Suckerberg.

I don't use FB. Why?

It ain't my fault.
Blame the leftist Suckerberg.
I don't know what exactly you're suggesting by those statements.

So the info was sold to a number of other firms besides Cambridge Analytica, but he conveniently does not know who they are and will get back to the dem senator...

Facebooks CEO - some woman - had an interview about what went down. She stiff-armed any questions about how they took Russian Rubles and allowed Vlad to use them to run their PsyOps programs. She just kept pushing the narrative of how they have always wanted to connect people across the globe through Facebook...'Its all about being close and connecting'.

Bwuhahaha.....

In today's "Facebook" hearing, Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA) remarked:

I'm not going to argue that part of the purpose of a user agreement -- any software firm's, not just Facebook's (FB's) -- is to cover the software provider's ass. It is there for that.

Equally important, however, is that the user agreement identifies to users what they can and cannot expect from Facebook.
  • Kennedy said, "It's not to inform your users about their rights."
    • Well, no, it's not because FB isn't a government; thus it does not confer rights. What it does is say, "This is what we offer and this is what we will do." Users aren't forced to agree to the user agreement, but if they want to use FB, they must agree with what FB indicates it will do with their information and with content placed on the FB platform.
  • Kennedy said, "I'm going to suggest to you that you go back home and rewrite [the FB user agreement]...and tell your $1200/hr. lawyers you want it written in English...In non-Swahili, so the average American can understand it."
    • Have you actually taken a look at FB's user agreement? It is written in plain English. Any American who can't understand that user agreement has no business using their time to post remarks of any sort on any platform. They need to enroll their illiterate asses in a remedial reading class.
  • Kennedy asked, "Are you willing to allow me as a FB user to remove my data?"
    • Zuckerberg replied, "You already can delete all your data."
    • Kennedy replied, "Are you willing to work on expanding on that?
      • Say what? Just how does one expand upon an extant ability to delete 100% of one's data? Maybe by allowing one to delete more than 100% of one's data, aka, someone else's data....
  • Kennedy asked, "Are you willing to allow me to prohibit the use of my data?" (Watch the video; I may have the exact wording amiss.)
    • Zuckerberg: You already can do that.
  • Kennedy asked, "Are you willing to allow me to take my FB data and move it to another social media platform?
    • Zuckerberg: You already can do that.
Watch the video above and see for yourself. Sen. Kennedy, as is typical of Republicans, and most especially of Trumpkins (I don't whether Kennedy is a Trumpkin.), was sitting there trying to put Zuckerberg on the spot and "catch him," yet it's clear that Kennedy hadn't "done his homework" and that he'd not instructed any of his aides to do it for him so he didn't come off looking like the complete fool he did, a FB using fool who hadn't bothered to take the time to understand the platform/tool he'd willfully chosen to use.

Doesn;t matter what Zuckerberg says, he is not under oath?
Why have him testify at all, This is just another dog and pony show.

I think it’s about time we make Ted Cruz Trump’s new Attorney General. He’s been absolutely fabulous... Jeff Sessions can run against Doug Jones in a few years for his old Senate seat back... What do you guys think?

The hearing became a real-world simulation of a common Facebook experience: a grandparent asking their grandchild in all caps how, exactly, all this works

Forum List

Back