🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

1 in 6 Draw Welfare in Predominantly Red States

I wonder if any of the regressive libs here know that coal is used in steel production, paper, cement and multiple other uses.

We? You a coal miner now?

Are you a retard? Yes. Yes, you are.
Regressive liberal ROE

1. Demand a link or an explanation of the truth they are objecting to.

2. Promptly reject all explanations as right wing lies. Smoke spin deflect

3. Ignore any facts presented.

4. Ridicule spelling and typos, punctuation.

5. Attack the person as being juvenile, ie: "are you 12 years old", question their education, intelligence.

6. Employ misdirection,

6a. smear people

6b. attack religion

7. Lie, make false assumptions

8. Play race/gender card

9. Play gay/lesbian card

10. Play the Nazi/Fascist card

11. Make up stuff

12. Deny constantly

13. Reword and repeat

14. Pretending not to understand when they have been posting about it for days.

15. When losing, resort to personal attacks.

I wonder if any of the regressive libs here know that coal is used in steel production, paper, cement and multiple other uses.

Yes, and we can use other things. Coal is on it's way out, and good riddance. But don't tell that to Cleetus and Billy-Bob in WV, voting for the Orange Shitgibbon and wondering why their health insurance just got cut. He's gonna bring back the coal mining jobs, really!!!

Article this morning describes the aforementioned swelling of Social Security Disability claims made in Red States across the fruited plain.

The article states:

How to visualize the growth in disability in the United States? One way is to think of a map. Rural communities, where on average 9.1 percent of working-age people are on disability — nearly twice the urban rate and 40 percent higher than the national average — are in a brighter shade than cities. An even brighter hue then spreads from Appalachia into the Deep South and out into Missouri, where rates are higher yet, places economists have called “disability belts.” The brightest color of all can be found in 102 counties, mostly within these belts, where a Washington Post analysis of federal statistics estimates that, at minimum, about 1 in 6 working-age residents draw disability checks.

One family. Four generations of disability benefits. Will it continue?

Question: Should the President do something about this?

One way is very easy and clear by the way.... The whole story is at thisamericanlife.org but I'll give you the highlight; I'm doing this from memory so if I get a detail wrong, forgive me. When you apply for SSD, about 2 thirds are refused out of hand. So that means if Larry, Moe and Curly all apply, Larry and Moe are going to get rejected.

Now, what you do after that is paramount because it is important. About 1/2 appeal their ruling. Of those who appeal, 80% who hire an attorney to represent them get their benefits. The way it works is that there is a hearing about the rejection. At the hearing is the attorney for the person who filed (Binder and Binder are the #1 firm nationwide) and the judge. The federal government sends nobody.

Here is the transcript of the passage:

The way Binder tells it, he is a guy helping desperate people get the support they deserve. He's a cowboy-hatted Lone Ranger fighting the good fight for the everyman. He apparently keeps a picture of the Lone Ranger on his desk.

So you've got 30,000 people denied disability who are appealing to a judge, taking their case to the courts. And on the one side, the judge has this passionate persuasive lawyer making the case that his client is physically or emotionally incapable of working. And on the other side, who's on the other side? Nobody. Nobody, really. I couldn't believe this when I first heard it. David Autor, the economist, told me with disability cases, there is no person in the room making the government's case.

David Autor
You might imagine a courtroom where, on the one side, there's the claimant and their lawyer saying, my client needs these benefits. On the other side, there's the government attorney saying, ah no, well, we need to protect the public interest, and your client is not sufficiently deserving, and here's why I think that, and so on. But it actually doesn't work like that. Because the government is not represented. There is no government lawyer on the other side of the room.

Again, I don't think anyone wants to deny a legitimately disabled person some benefits but when the government doesn't saddle up for any of the claims, it looks as though people are taking advantage. Especially in the red states.

And it's common knowledge red states take from the federal government for welfare and programs like SSA disability while blue states pay in more than they take. In other words the blue states are funding the people in red states to be lazy. And now this comes out that shows people in the red states get on disability and their families never get off it.

The exact opposite of what conservatives claim every day. THEY are the lazy ones that need to get jobs and stop taking a handout from the 'gubment'.

Except the flaw in your argument (and this topic) is states don't get welfare--people get welfare. To think that everybody in a red state is conservative is as ridiculous to think everybody in a blue state is a liberal:

image57.png

Article this morning describes the aforementioned swelling of Social Security Disability claims made in Red States across the fruited plain.

The article states:

How to visualize the growth in disability in the United States? One way is to think of a map. Rural communities, where on average 9.1 percent of working-age people are on disability — nearly twice the urban rate and 40 percent higher than the national average — are in a brighter shade than cities. An even brighter hue then spreads from Appalachia into the Deep South and out into Missouri, where rates are higher yet, places economists have called “disability belts.” The brightest color of all can be found in 102 counties, mostly within these belts, where a Washington Post analysis of federal statistics estimates that, at minimum, about 1 in 6 working-age residents draw disability checks.

One way is very easy and clear by the way.... The whole story is at thisamericanlife.org but I'll give you the highlight; I'm doing this from memory so if I get a detail wrong, forgive me. When you apply for SSD, about 2 thirds are refused out of hand. So that means if Larry, Moe and Curly all apply, Larry and Moe are going to get rejected.

Now, what you do after that is paramount because it is important. About 1/2 appeal their ruling. Of those who appeal, 80% who hire an attorney to represent them get their benefits. The way it works is that there is a hearing about the rejection. At the hearing is the attorney for the person who filed (Binder and Binder are the #1 firm nationwide) and the judge. The federal government sends nobody.

The way Binder tells it, he is a guy helping desperate people get the support they deserve. He's a cowboy-hatted Lone Ranger fighting the good fight for the everyman. He apparently keeps a picture of the Lone Ranger on his desk.

So you've got 30,000 people denied disability who are appealing to a judge, taking their case to the courts. And on the one side, the judge has this passionate persuasive lawyer making the case that his client is physically or emotionally incapable of working. And on the other side, who's on the other side? Nobody. Nobody, really. I couldn't believe this when I first heard it. David Autor, the economist, told me with disability cases, there is no person in the room making the government's case.

David Autor
You might imagine a courtroom where, on the one side, there's the claimant and their lawyer saying, my client needs these benefits. On the other side, there's the government attorney saying, ah no, well, we need to protect the public interest, and your client is not sufficiently deserving, and here's why I think that, and so on. But it actually doesn't work like that. Because the government is not represented. There is no government lawyer on the other side of the room.

Again, I don't think anyone wants to deny a legitimately disabled person some benefits but when the government doesn't saddle up for any of the claims, it looks as though people are taking advantage. Especially in the red states.

It takes decades to recover from.democrat rule in the South..

Don't worry we are getting there
Social security is an insurance policy that the workers are forced to buy. It is not "welfare".

Of course it is. If you take more out of it than you pay in, it's welfare.

Period.

The thing is, if you live past 72, you will get everything you paid into it back. It's why the system is in such trouble now, the average life expectency is 78.

Yup FDR fucked up..
Five of my friends died plus my wife in there 40s...guess where that money went?

A huge Ponzi scheme..

I got around $200 bucks from the government when she died..

That's it after the thousands of dollars she put in the system working everyday.

Yes, and we can use other things. Coal is on it's way out, and good riddance. But don't tell that to Cleetus and Billy-Bob in WV, voting for the Orange Shitgibbon and wondering why their health insurance just got cut. He's gonna bring back the coal mining jobs, really!!!

Cosl is far from its way out munchkin meth dealer..

Heard of a guy in East Texas who had 100% disability and was making more than 200K a year running several night clubs.

SSI is a scam for many in East Texas, yes.
Under ssi laws you can't work but you can own anything.

No, you can work on SS disability and even SS. You are limited to what kind of income you can have, but they do let you work. I dated a girl on SS and have two tenants on SS: one fully dependent and the other partial. They both have jobs.

Meanwhile, SNAP, TANF, WIC, section 8, even if they are utilized by people who can't work (Children, the disabled) or people who work and don't make enough to make ends meet, are looked down upon.

I lovingly refer to the former groups as "White People Welfare", the kind of welfare that white folks are okay with, because people they know receive them.

No, you refer to White People Welfare because you are a self-hating white person with race paranoia.

Heard of a guy in East Texas who had 100% disability and was making more than 200K a year running several night clubs.

No, you can work on SS disability and even SS. You are limited to what kind of income you can have, but they do let you work. I dated a girl on SS and have two tenants on SS: one fully dependent and the other partial. They both have jobs.
Well they told me as in personal I could own anything but not work. So I can own a backhoe but not use it myself.

It is ironic just how much the red states rely on welfare and this is true even in blue states. If you see a map of voting, red covers lots of blue states too and these are generally conservative areas away from cities. It shows you just how powerful the messaging is when money dominates the idea sphere. People vote against their own because the other is painted as an elite or as a welfare cheat, meanwhile the very people who vote have no healthcare, jobs, or a solid infrastructure. It is bizarre but it works. Check out, "The Trouble with Reality: A Rumination on Moral Panic in Our Time" by Brooke Gladstone, she covers the ways in which speech controls many people's choices.

"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." LBJ

"I wouldn't say Donald Trump is a champion for white America, I think he shares a lot of the issues and values of white America." David Duke

"We live in a society in which spurious realities are manufactured by the media, by governments, by big corporations, by religious groups, political groups. I ask, in my writing, 'What is real?' Because unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms." Philip K. Dick

The biggest cities in red states are often blue.....so the truth is it is still democrat controlled areas that suck up all the welfare.....

Disability is federal not state. The government almost forced me out of work last year, so I looked into it.

The worker told me that you can still work and create a certain amount of income. But there is no limit on earning money through investments and things like that. You can hit a lottery number and still be able to collect SS disability because that money was not earned through a job.

Especially in the red states. Ooooh, that's positively orgasmic. How can they compete morally with the angelic beings dwelling in the heavenly blue states?
What's really weird is the fact that 1 in 5 get Welfare nationwide....so it has to be worse in Blue States like California. And a Red State like Texas has alot of illegals dragging down the numbers.

So 1 in 6 require welfare and your shocked that they wanted someone who promised to bring jobs back rather than continue the status quo?

Well they told me as in personal I could own anything but not work. So I can own a backhoe but not use it myself.

That's different than what they told me, and this was about a year ago.

They told me that if I got full-time disability, it would be about $1,600 per month. You can work up to a total of $2,400 a month including your SS check. My one tenant on full time disability has a job at Giant Eagle in the vegetable department. He's been doing that the last four years or so.

My sister went legally blind when her retinas started detaching. It still took years for her get SS disability.

That must have been some time ago. My one tenant just got it last year, and it took her about three months before her first check. She didn't even hire a lawyer, she did it all herself.

My sister went legally blind when her retinas started detaching. It still took years for her get SS disability.

That must have been some time ago. My one tenant just got it last year, and it took her about three months before her first check. She didn't even hire a lawyer, she did it all herself.
Took me about a year and that was about 15 years ago.

The article states:

David Autor

And it's common knowledge red states take from the federal government for welfare and programs like SSA disability while blue states pay in more than they take. In other words the blue states are funding the people in red states to be lazy. And now this comes out that shows people in the red states get on disability and their families never get off it.

The exact opposite of what conservatives claim every day. THEY are the lazy ones that need to get jobs and stop taking a handout from the 'gubment'.

Except the flaw in your argument (and this topic) is states don't get welfare--people get welfare. To think that everybody in a red state is conservative is as ridiculous to think everybody in a blue state is a liberal:

View attachment 130581

You have excuses, no surprise.

1 in 6 Draw Welfare in Predominantly Red States
Of COURSE there will be more White Folk on Welfare than Blacks or Hispanics.

Blacks only constitute twelve (12%) percent of the total US population.

Whites constitute seventy-seven (77%) percent of the total US population.

http://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045216/00

Raw numbers, without the context of percentage-of-ethnic-population, in the racial context established by the OP, are highly misleading... and downright deceptive.

However, all one need do is to look at the
PERCENTAGE of the total Black population on Welfare, vs. the PERCENTAGE of the total White population on Welfare, to understand the situation properly.

That's a perspective that Liberals don't want us looking at too closely, and that they try to mask, with all this Red State $hit... something they try to repeat every so often.

=============================================================

Using HuffPo's OWN racial demographics on food stamp consumption; drawn from USDA data...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/28/food-stamp-demographics_n_6771938.html

And the USDA's total food stamp (SNAP) consumption figures...

http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/pd/29SNAPcurrPP.pdf

Total US population, 2016, US Census Bureau estimate
Total Black population (323,127,512 X .12)
38,775,301​
Total White population (323,127,512 X .77)
248,808,185​
_
Total US food stamp (SNAP) participation, Jan 2017
42,684,691​
Percent of all US food stamps consumed by Blacks
25.7%​
Total US Blacks receiving food stamps (42,684,691 X .257)
10.959,965​
Percent of US Blacks receiving food stamps (10,959,965 / 38,775.301)
28.29%
_
Total US food stamp (SNAP) participation, Jan 2017
42,684,691​
Percent of all US food stamps consumed by Whites
40.2%​
Total US Whites receiving food stamps (42,684,691 X .402)
17,159,245​
Percent of US Whites receiving food stamps (17,159,245/248,808,185)
6.9%
_
Percent of US Blacks receiving food stamps (SNAP)
28.29%
Percent of US Whites receiving food stamps (SNAP)
6.9%
Difference
21.39%​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Consequently, we see that 21.39% more Blacks are on food stamps, than Whites, as a percentage of their demographic within the larger US total population.

So much for the raw-numbers hor$e$hit being fed to us by deceitful Liberals.

Next slide, please.

Last edited:
And why is that Kondor3?

Also give us the economic profile of blacks in 1930, 1970, 2010? Tell us what you learn.

Forum List

Back