🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

1 woman & her purse vs. 3 violent men...no one has a gun...poor woman...

Gangs are in cities. It has nothing to do with them being democrat.

Hmmm...really...than explain why 24 of the most violent cities in the U.S. have democrat mayors....

Brain, you do realize that more people have guns today than in the 1990s...right? And that the crime rate across the country has dropped by at least 33%...right?

And there is this...

Concealed Carry Laws Increase Crime Hawaii Concealed Carry

Fact: Thirty-nine states, comprising the majority of the American population, are”right-to-carry” states. Statistics show that in these states the crime rate fell (or did not rise) after the right-to-carry law became active (as of July, 2006). Nine states restrict the right to carry and two deny it outright.

In fact...the Chicago crime rate dropped 22% since January...guess what happened in January in Illinois...

Rate of gun ownership is down actually. It's just that gunners buy lots and lots of guns.

Oh wait, Chicago crime rate dropped and you claim credit for that? It hasn't been 5 years yet... Or in some instances it happens fast? Or you think maybe it just has to do with more policing?

Gangs are in cities. It has nothing to do with them being democrat.

Hmmm...really...than explain why 24 of the most violent cities in the U.S. have democrat mayors....

Because last I checked about all big cities have democrat mayors. Like I said republican policies aren't popular in cities. City people don't want everyone carrying a gun.

If carrying does all you say then it should go down right away.

You know...I know you collectivists see human beings as just cogs in the gears of the state...but human beings aren't cogs...they learn from experience and criminals have to experience victims who are armed...and spread the word...and in states with millions of people...that takes time...and criminals tend to be stupid...so the lessons are learned the hard way...

If carrying does all you say then it should go down right away.

You know...I know you collectivists see human beings as just cogs in the gears of the state...but human beings aren't cogs...they learn from experience and criminals have to experience victims who are armed...and spread the word...and in states with millions of people...that takes time...and criminals tend to be stupid...so the lessons are learned the hard way...

So you will wait till crime goes down and claim victory even though it probably has nothing to do with concealed carry and more to do with policing. I get it.

Or you think maybe it just has to do with more policing?

I live here...I know the situation...Chicago is down 2000 police every day, 1000 who they just need to hire, and another 1000 due to sick leave and vacations...the democrat mayor...yes, a democrat, refuses to hire more because he would rather spend money on his friends than putting police in the minority neighborhoods where gangs are killing people...so now, those people can carry guns...and there have already been several shootings of criminals by concealed carriers...Predfan probably listed them in his thread...

Perhaps chicago criminals are smarter than Wisconsin criminals...

So it all has to do with gangs and not guns then?

Hmmm...since 70-80% of murders are committed buy criminal gangs...with a big concentration from mexican drug cartel killers here in Chicago and in border states...solving the gang problem would lower our murder rate to about that of most European countries...

On the gang murder rate...

What Percentage Of American Murders Are Gang Related Extrano s Alley a gun blog

Doing some data mining with 2010 numbers, and extrapolating from the number of murders solved by arrest to all known murders, it appears that approximately 78 percent, slightly more than three out of every four murders, are gang related.
For 2010, the FBI reported 14,478 murders and non-negligent homicides. Of those, approximately 11,290 were in some way gang related.

And, for those of a thoughtful turn of mind, those numbers mean that were it not for gang activity, the United States homicide rate would be in the 1 per 100,000 range.

Which would put us lower than most European countries...

and again...more than 310 million guns in law abiding hands...more concealed carry permits than ever before...and the crime rate has dropped 33 percent...a slightly bigger drop than the gun banning Australian drop...and we kept our guns...

Or you think maybe it just has to do with more policing?

I live here...I know the situation...Chicago is down 2000 police every day, 1000 who they just need to hire, and another 1000 due to sick leave and vacations...the democrat mayor...yes, a democrat, refuses to hire more because he would rather spend money on his friends than putting police in the minority neighborhoods where gangs are killing people...so now, those people can carry guns...and there have already been several shootings of criminals by concealed carriers...Predfan probably listed them in his thread...

Perhaps chicago criminals are smarter than Wisconsin criminals...

Yes so Chicago goes down and you will claim that as victory. WI goes up and well you will claim victory on a year when it goes down. What a joke.

So it all has to do with gangs and not guns then?

Hmmm...since 70-80% of murders are committed buy criminal gangs...with a big concentration from mexican drug cartel killers here in Chicago and in border states...solving the gang problem would lower our murder rate to about that of most European countries...

Then it is about gangs and not guns. You know the truth yet you insist everything is about guns.

Then it is about gangs and not guns. You know the truth yet you insist everything is about guns.

You talking like a lefty now...what exactly do you mean...

Guns are the best way to protect yourself from criminal attack yes...the people committing illegal acts are gang members 78% of the time...so yes...

Yes so Chicago goes down and you will claim that as victory. WI goes up and well you will claim victory on a year when it goes down. What a joke.

You do realize that the crime rate has dropped in every state that passed concealed carry or other form of carry...right...? Not just Chicago and Florida...right? so again...you are wrong...

Well, another anti gunner victory...no one in this situation had a gun...so the woman was viciously beaten for her purse by three men....she didn't have a gun....neither did they....an anti gunner paradise....

the attack was,caught on video....it shows how vicious the attack was....

Trio of Black New York Men Beat Hispanic Woman in Robbery Attempt

The other two then swarm around her trying to pry her wrap around purse from her body as she lay helpless on the sidewalk. Two of them men drag her several feet by the purse strap.

"I just remember the whole attack, and for them leaving me, I remember them just dragging me, and then I started yelling for someone to help me," Reyes told CBS. "And then that's when I realized blood was coming from my face, but I didn't know where from my face."

The victim's father said that his daughter was traumatized by the attack.

"And her jeans were covered in blood and her sneakers were covered in blood," Jay Reyes said.

I can see that this is so much better...sure, she might have been killed, she might have been beaten into a coma...but it is better for society that she just take the beating...quietly, and without fuss, so that the anti gunners can feel safe....better 1000 innocent people be raped, robbed, brutally beaten or killed, than one criminal be shot....

Right?

The animal instinct is strong in certain ethnic groups ... is it not? If you belong to any of the other ethnic groups then I suggest that you buy a gun, learn how to use it safety, practice at the range, carry it with you, and use it when necessary.

Hmmm...for your pleasure Brain...another state where the crime rate dropped...dramatically, after concealed carry was passed...

Fact Check Do concealed weapons lower crime rates WRAL.com

In 1995, there were 45,016 such crimes throughout the state. In 2010, the last year for which state level data is available, there were 34,033 such crimes.

When those numbers are converted into rates that take into account population growth, the violent crime rate dropped from 649 per 100,000 people in 1995 to 374.4 per 100,000 people in 2010. That's a drop of 24.4 percent in terms of the raw number of crimes or a drop of 42.3 percent drop in the violent crime rate.

and then...when the numbers come in against the journalist...they try to hide the effect of concealed carry...

but then explain how it happens in all the other states as well...

Read more at Fact Check Do concealed weapons lower crime rates WRAL.com

-- Because "gun" is the answer to everything, right?
How fucking creative.

:rolleyes:

In this case, avoiding dangerous streets at night is the first line of defense. The second is to have some substantial self protection ready to go but only if you know how and when to use it. Hopefully, the young lady has learned a valuable lesson. Don't jump into a panther's cage.

You do realize that the crime rate has dropped in every state that passed concealed carry or other form of carry...right...? Not just Chicago and Florida...right? so again...you are wrong...

I just showed you that WI went up. So no it hasn't.

You talking like a lefty now...what exactly do you mean...

Guns are the best way to protect yourself from criminal attack yes...the people committing illegal acts are gang members 78% of the time...so yes...

But if we really want to fix the problem it is about gangs and not arming everyone. You are never going to arm enough people to make gang members decide to get real jobs.

I just showed you that WI went up. So no it hasn't.

And here is someone who looked at the research...and shows you are wrong...

Concealed Weapons Studies Found What Extrano s Alley a gun blog

Someone stopped by searching for “concealed weapons studies found what.”

Nothing that made front page headlines, even assuming the media were inclined to give front page headlines to studies that refute some of their most firmly held beliefs.

I know of 29 such studies. 18 found Concealed Carry laws reduce crime. 11 were “indeterminate,” primarily because of the choice of study subjects and methodology.

In order to live up to the potential a substantial number of people must carry a legal weapon, so the risks of attempting to commit a crime are also substantial: and that risk must be sufficiently well known to the criminal community before it becomes a deterrent.

Generally speaking, it takes two to five years to get enough legal guns on the street to make a difference; and it takes a number of well publicized incidents in which a criminal came a cropper at the hands of a legally armed citizen. Those conditions are best met in jurisdictions with “clean” Concealed Carry laws.

That is, laws in which lawfully armed citizens can carry everywhere or almost everywhere; and where a brief sight of a weapon or “being made” as armed; will not result in jail time or permit revocation. If a law is encumbered with restrictions on a citizens right to carry, or a gust of wind may result in jail time, too many citizens do not use the privileges that come with their permit. So the effect of concealed carry is much lessened.

Forum List

Back