$100K-Plus Earners Pay 72% of Federal Income Taxes

I'm not sure what subsidy you seem to have magically discovered for me, but please tell me what it is because I can't find it. I eagerly await your clairvoyance concerning my taxes for 2014.

Your deductions are subsidies. Any financial aid that the Government gives you is a subsidy.

Tell me, what deductions do I have?
It amazes me that you, as some random internet forum person somehow has discovered some sort of deduction/subsidy that applies to my taxes. Again, please tell me what it is because I can't find it.
I am relying on your clairvoyance to avoid taxes for 2014 as I regret missing them for tax year 2013.

Do you have children? A mortgage?

The 16% Romney pays is not the issue, never has been and never will be...

The RW's of the world will always be stuck on the tit, face it he has his hand opened and demanding society make his life fair, earning it would be impossible...

Keep blaming the earners and you will have post WWII USSR...

Are you willing to have your taxes raised in order to make it 'fairer' for the top ten percent, while still taking in the same amount of revenue,

or are you in the top 10 percent?

Because that is the only way you 'fix' this, all else being equal.

The RW's of the world will always be stuck on the tit, face it he has his hand opened and demanding society make his life fair, earning it would be impossible...

Are you willing to have your taxes raised in order to make it 'fairer' for the top ten percent, while still taking in the same amount of revenue,

So you're OK with things being unfair as long as you're on the receiving end.

And you call other people selfish.

"you cannot raise the poor by bringing down the rich" Do you know who said that?

Why would I care who said it? Do you really think I judge right or wrong that way? Are you projecting?

It's wrong. The production of wealth is a zero sum game. The more that is confiscated by the Rich, the less there is left for the not-rich.

are you really that ignorant? Who is poorer because Bill Gates is very rich? Wealth can be created, it does not have to be taken from someone else.

Do you really think the supply of wealth is finite? If so, you really need to sign up for an Econ 101 class are your local jr college.

So if wages were cut at a company to enhance profits, and the profits go to the shareholders instead of the workers,

nobody lost???

On your way to trying to insult me you forgot to answer the question. That means the answer was 'no'.

Someone working at minimum wage is poor. They don't appear to be lazy to me from what I've seen.

The wife of my daughter's Science teacher works for minimum wage. They are not poor, she just wants some extra spending money and doesn't want any responsibility. My niece makes minimum wage as a college student. She's not poor either.

Is your niece able to pay for her college expenses with her minimum wage job? I did when I went to college

Good point.

When I went to college, i worked two minimum wage jobs, and was in the National Guard, and between those three things, I was able to pay my tuition, which was less than $1000 a year in 1980's money.

Someone working at minimum wage is poor. They don't appear to be lazy to me from what I've seen.

The wife of my daughter's Science teacher works for minimum wage. They are not poor, she just wants some extra spending money and doesn't want any responsibility. My niece makes minimum wage as a college student. She's not poor either.

Is your niece able to pay for her college expenses with her minimum wage job? I did when I went to college

No, she chose an expensive college.

I've asked you about this before and you've avoided answering. How much was tuition when you went to college and how much was minimum wage?

But the Marxists keep saying the rich aren't paying their "fair share."

Taxpayers earning $100,000 or more a year pay 71.6% of the nation’s share in individual federal income taxes, according to the latest data from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) from 2011.

These data do not include corporate income taxes, or taxes on capital gains or dividends, or payroll taxes for Social Security and other programs.

In 2011, according to the IRS, there were 145,370,240 individual income tax returns filed. Among those returns, 125,914,418 or 86.6%, belonged to taxpayers earning a salary less than $100,000. The remaining 19,455,822 returns belonged to those taxpayers earning more than $100,000, or 13.4% of the total.

While those top earners, earning six figures or more, represented only 13.4% of the total number of individual income tax returns reported to the IRS, they contributed nearly three-fourths of the total amount of federal tax revenue from individual filers reported for that year.

$100K-Plus Earners Pay 72% of Federal Income Taxes | CNS News

Are you so poor you think somebody making $100K is RICH?

Well the Marxists know better even if you don't, lad.

I've asked you about this before and you've avoided answering. How much was tuition when you went to college and how much was minimum wage?

My first years tuition was $650 a year and I made $2.10 an hour working minimum wage over the summer

A student making $7.25 an hour over the summer would make $3500 over the summer. Not even close to paying tuition at a public or private college

Why would I care who said it? Do you really think I judge right or wrong that way? Are you projecting?

It's wrong. The production of wealth is a zero sum game. The more that is confiscated by the Rich, the less there is left for the not-rich.

are you really that ignorant? Who is poorer because Bill Gates is very rich? Wealth can be created, it does not have to be taken from someone else.

Do you really think the supply of wealth is finite? If so, you really need to sign up for an Econ 101 class are your local jr college.

So if wages were cut at a company to enhance profits, and the profits go to the shareholders instead of the workers,

nobody lost???

apples an oranges. If that was done, the workers would either quit or reduce their productivity because they were pissed. the company would lose sales and profits.

What you don't get is that successful companies value their employees, companies that shit on employees do not survive.

But you dodged my real question--------who lost money because Bill Gates became rich?

My first years tuition was $650 a year and I made $2.10 an hour working minimum wage over the summer

A student making $7.25 an hour over the summer would make $3500 over the summer. Not even close to paying tuition at a public or private college

OK, RW, why has tuition gone up so much more than the rate of inflation? any idea?

I know the answer, lets see if you do.

OK, RW, why has tuition gone up so much more than the rate of inflation? any idea?

In terms of public universities, States have cut way back on what they pay in tuition assistance. Back when I went to school, some states offered free tuition. Almost all offered affordable tuition. Federal grant money has also dried up.

Conservative always rant that minimum wage is not meant to be aliving wage. It is a "starter wage" But what we pay now in minimum wage does not even allow a kid to get started

In terms of public universities, States have cut way back on what they pay in tuition assistance. Back when I went to school, some states offered free tuition. Almost all offered affordable tuition. Federal grant money has also dried up.

Conservative always rant that minimum wage is not meant to be aliving wage. It is a "starter wage" But what we pay now in minimum wage does not even allow a kid to get started

when the government started giving out educational loans for whatever amount the college charged, the colleges (being profit motivated) saw this as a chance to raise tuition and make more money (evil capitalists that they are). So tuition went up, loans covered it, and kids graduate with huge debts----------another failure of liberalism. Liberals never think things all the way through--------"it feels right, lets do it".

minimum wage is not intended to cover college expenses and your living expenses. It never was. When I went to college minimum wage was $1/hour. I worked 44 hours per week as a "part time" employee at a hardware store during the summers, borrowed some tuition, and got a little help from my parents.

My post grad degree (MBA from Harvard) was paid for by my employer in exchange for a 5 year work committment.

when the government started giving out educational loans for whatever amount the college charged, the colleges (being profit motivated) saw this as a chance to raise tuition and make more money (evil capitalists that they are). So tuition went up, loans covered it, and kids graduate with huge debts----------another failure of liberalism. Liberals never think things all the way through--------"it feels right, lets do it".

minimum wage is not intended to cover college expenses and your living expenses. It never was. When I went to college minimum wage was $1/hour. I worked 44 hours per week as a "part time" employee at a hardware store during the summers, borrowed some tuition, and got a little help from my parents.

My post grad degree (MBA from Harvard) was paid for by my employer in exchange for a 5 year work committment.

Bullshit chicken and the egg argument
So is your claim to a Harvard MBA

Bullshit chicken and the egg argument
So is your claim to a Harvard MBA

Nope, everything I said is the truth. Unlike you, I am not programmed to lie and post talking points. the student loan/tuition increase connection has been established many times by many unbiased groups. Liberalism never works, face it.

I could post a copy of my diploma, but I have no desire to reveal my identity.

nobody lost???

apples an oranges. If that was done, the workers would either quit or reduce their productivity because they were pissed. the company would lose sales and profits.

What you don't get is that successful companies value their employees, companies that shit on employees do not survive.

But you dodged my real question--------who lost money because Bill Gates became rich?

Name the companies that have seen mass exoduses of workers because labor had to make concessions on wages and benefits.

College tuition has soared well beyond the rate of inflation. The minimum wage level has nothing to do with it.

Since 1982 a typical family income increased by 147%, more than inflation but significantly behind the huge increase in college costs. College costs have been rising roughly at a rate of 7% per year for decades. Since 1985, the overall consumer price index has risen 115% while the college education inflation rate has risen nearly 500%.

College Costs Out Of Control - Forbes

On your way to trying to insult me you forgot to answer the question. That means the answer was 'no'.

I am all for a flat tax on all income. One low rate no deductions no exemptions and no special treatment.

I think 10 - 12 % on all income from the first dollar earned is reasonable.

College tuition has soared well beyond the rate of inflation. The minimum wage level has nothing to do with it.

Since 1982 a typical family income increased by 147%, more than inflation but significantly behind the huge increase in college costs. College costs have been rising roughly at a rate of 7% per year for decades. Since 1985, the overall consumer price index has risen 115% while the college education inflation rate has risen nearly 500%.

College Costs Out Of Control - Forbes

Ok...then lets look at other costs that have gone up since I was making $2.10 an hour minimum wage

For that $2.10 I could buy seven gallons of gas. A minimum wage of $7.25 will buy slightly more than two
For $2.10 an hour I could buy a new compact car after working 1200 hours. At todays minimum wage you would have to work 2750 hours

Minimum wage has not kept pace with inflation. It used to provide the basics to get started in life. Pay for college, buy a car. Now it can just buy you toys while you go into debt to get started in life

Forum List

Back