12 Dead in Mass Shooting at So.Cal Bar

Mass killings account for 1% of all murders

So tell me why is it worse to be killed by a gun than a knife or any other of a thousand ways?
For you people dying is just a number.
And for you people getting murdered with a gun is worse than getting murdered in a thousand other ways
We don't mass murder people in a thousand other ways, though, do we? We use guns, usually AR's--which makes sense since that is exactly what they were designed for.

You just pulled that out of your butt...... Lawn mowers kill more people every single year than mass shooters do, and a lot more than mass shooters with any kind of rifle....

Falling off ladders kills 300 people every year, more people than are killed with any rifle in any year of mass shootings...

The AR-15 isn't even close to being the most used gun for mass shootings or regular crime....

You are posting things that aren't even close to being true or accurate...why do you do that?
I thought the AR was the weapon of choice for mass shootings. In recent memory, anyway, since maybe San Bernardino? Thank you for correcting me, if I was wrong.

And what percentage of murders do mass murders account for?

Mental illness is the main cause of most of these mass shootings. As a nation we have failed to address mental illness in a satisfactory or practical mode. What the liberals should attempt is to try and stop allowing mentally ill people to legally acquire weapons....that is doable and something that should be done.

Beyond that mental illness is very common today a and getting even more common. What can be done to help the mentally ill?
Yeah but where is the line drawn? I think its mental illness when you drive a car into a crowd of people because they dont share your beliefs about a statue. Where does mental illness start and radical opinions end?

When you support bernie sanders and left wing causes so much you take a rifle to a Republican baseball game and try to kill them.....or you believe the propaganda of black lives matter so much you murder 6 dallas police officers, and others with the same black lives matter sympathies murder several more police officers.....
How about when you got to a Black church and kill people praying or when you try again to enter a Black church fail and shoot two more Black people and then tell a white CCW carrying person that whites dont kill other whites? How about when you kill some white Jews praying cause they run the world bank and you are behind in debt

How about you go on a Long Island Train and shoot people because you hate white people.... or shooting up gay people because you are muslim?

And then, of course, the majority of all gun murder in this country is committed by blacks.... but let's not count them...right?
How about the fact that 90% of all gun related mass murder is done at the hands of white males?

You cant count two things that are not the same and have completely different causes.

You fucks won't address it, so let me ask again:

Why should I, an innocent American citizen, be punished, and have my constitutional right to defend my life and family removed, due to the actions of a criminal murderer?
^^^ This is the kind of whining that led me to finally say "FUCK THE SECOND AMENDMENT"

Yea, of course my life is forfeit because I don't believe that guns are simple tools and it's the murderers themselves that are the problem.

You twatwaffles whine all day about empathy for victims, but you literally don't have a single scrap of it that's real.
I already said I don't want you disarmed unless you're irresponsible. Are you having a hard time reading today or are you telling me you're irresponsible or a lunatic?

Make that a law and watch the definition of irresponsible be changed to include not flossing every day
I acknowledge it's going to be hard to define that. But just having a NICS system that has updated and complete data for a background check would be a start. And much better reporting on people with mental illness that includes violent tendencies, and full reporting on DV convictions from the military. That would be a start. But you are right it won't be easy. Could we start with the above without hurting your feelings?

Yes...we could do that.....funny that the anti gunners don't care about that though...isn't it...?

As we say in basketball, you need multiple efforts. In order to stop this gun violence we need to curtail certain things regarding guns. You shouldnt be carrying in a gun in public if you are a male. You shouldnt be using weapons that look but more importantly function like a war weapon. There is no need other than psychological impulse for any non military person to have one.

A pump action shotgun is an actual War Weapon....currently used by militaries around the world....the lever action rifle was an actual war weapon, as was the revolver...the AR-15 semi automatic rifle was never a War weapon...
We all know where the AR-15 design came from. The only difference between it and the M-16 is that the AR doesn't have full auto. It makes killing a shitload of people so much easier, more comfortable, etc. etc. And I know for a fact I got that one right.

Mental illness is the main cause of most of these mass shootings. As a nation we have failed to address mental illness in a satisfactory or practical mode. What the liberals should attempt is to try and stop allowing mentally ill people to legally acquire weapons....that is doable and something that should be done.

Beyond that mental illness is very common today a and getting even more common. What can be done to help the mentally ill?
Yeah but where is the line drawn? I think its mental illness when you drive a car into a crowd of people because they dont share your beliefs about a statue. Where does mental illness start and radical opinions end?

When you support bernie sanders and left wing causes so much you take a rifle to a Republican baseball game and try to kill them.....or you believe the propaganda of black lives matter so much you murder 6 dallas police officers, and others with the same black lives matter sympathies murder several more police officers.....
How about when you got to a Black church and kill people praying or when you try again to enter a Black church fail and shoot two more Black people and then tell a white CCW carrying person that whites dont kill other whites? How about when you kill some white Jews praying cause they run the world bank and you are behind in debt

How about you go on a Long Island Train and shoot people because you hate white people.... or shooting up gay people because you are muslim?

And then, of course, the majority of all gun murder in this country is committed by blacks.... but let's not count them...right?
How about the fact that 90% of all gun related mass murder is done at the hands of white males?

You cant count two things that are not the same and have completely different causes.

That number may not be accurate, but it is likely because blacks do almost all of the other gun murder in the country.......

^^^ This is the kind of whining that led me to finally say "FUCK THE SECOND AMENDMENT"

Yea, of course my life is forfeit because I don't believe that guns are simple tools and it's the murderers themselves that are the problem.

You twatwaffles whine all day about empathy for victims, but you literally don't have a single scrap of it that's real.
I already said I don't want you disarmed unless you're irresponsible. Are you having a hard time reading today or are you telling me you're irresponsible or a lunatic?

Make that a law and watch the definition of irresponsible be changed to include not flossing every day
I acknowledge it's going to be hard to define that. But just having a NICS system that has updated and complete data for a background check would be a start. And much better reporting on people with mental illness that includes violent tendencies, and full reporting on DV convictions from the military. That would be a start. But you are right it won't be easy. Could we start with the above without hurting your feelings?

Yes...we could do that.....funny that the anti gunners don't care about that though...isn't it...?
Of course they care about it! Where have you been?

In 2016, 71 people were killed in mass public shootings.....

In 2016, 11,004 people were murdered in gun crimes....the majority of which were committed by blacks, against other blacks....

Can you tell us which number is bigger?

That number may not be accurate, but it is likely because blacks do almost all of the other gun murder in the country.......
Thats pretty much the only thing we lead in if the FBI is to be believed. Whites commit the vast majority of other violent crime. However like I said the Black gun crimes are primarily Black on Black crimes. whereas whites are prone to killing any and everyone.

In 2016, 11,004 people were murdered in gun crimes....the majority of which were committed by blacks, against other blacks....

I can but then that would encourage you to keep deflecting. We arent talking about Black on Black crime. We are talking bout mass shootings which are more visible and have way more affect due to the sheer numbers of people killed at once.

Thats pretty much the only thing we lead in if the FBI is to be believed. Whites commit the vast majority of other violent crime. However like I said the Black gun crimes are primarily Black on Black crimes. whereas whites are prone to killing any and everyone.

Wrong....Whites kill Whites, Blacks kill blacks...the real difference...Blacks kill more Whites than Whites kill blacks.....

Expanded Homicide Data Table 6

White killer, Black Victims......264

Black killer, White Victims... 576

I can but then that would encourage you to keep deflecting. We arent talking about Black on Black crime. We are talking bout mass shootings which are more visible and have way more affect due to the sheer numbers of people killed at once.

Wrong....actual, daily gun murder = 11,004 in 2016...in Black neighborhoods....a real impact....

Mass public shooting deaths..total for the year...71, and that is an outlier total......

So 11,004 vs. 71...... keep telling yourself mass shootings are more important...

Wrong....Whites kill Whites, Blacks kill blacks...the real difference...Blacks kill more Whites than Whites kill blacks.....

Your link doesnt reflect what you posted. Even if it did we are talking about mass shootings. Everyone knows white males are the ones that do it the most.

Your link doesnt reflect what you posted.

Yes...it does....read it carfully...

Yes... you have to focus like a laser on the murder rate, since the gun control laws in Britain do not decrease gun crime there
Gun crime in the UK is a fraction of that in the US. Remove the mote from you own eye.

Gun crime was always low before they banned guns...that is the issue, since now, after they banned guns...on an island....their gun crime rate is going up..that is the important point you don't want to confront....
That's the fun thing about reporting on another country that you know nothing about but their crime stats. Do you think there could be some other factors at work besides gun control?

Which is what I have been saying all along but you still think our murder rate will be lowered with gun control even though there are some striking socioeconomic, cultural. political and psychological differences between the US and the UK
Yes. We are not the UK. But we can make changes in our cultural and psychological bent if we have the will. In 1965, 40% of Americans smoked cigarettes. Now it is 15%. We reduced it by more than half. It is saving lives and it is no longer cool or socially acceptable in most circles. You can't smoke inside almost any public space. So why couldn't the same thing be done with guns? And the gratuitous violence in entertainment, including gaming? Of course it can be done. For some reason, people just don't care that others are dying, and it isn't ME that doesn't care.
------------------------------------- sure , the government can FORCE all kinds of changes at the point of a GUN or the law because the point of the gun is the LAW OldLady .

If your neighbor had an active case of Ebola Fever, would you want them removed from society? Keep your ridiculous Nazi comparisons to yourself.
---------------------------- ebola can be proven , mental illness can not be proven . Some people on this board could be accused of mental illness because of their political point of view i suppose Hunarcy .

And mental illness can be proven by the irrational ravings of the mentally ill. And, of course, by the dead bodies left in their wake. Honestly, I would rather err on the side of caution than mop up the aftermath of a shooting like happened in California.
--------------------------------------- i think that rational or irrational are simply OPINIONS until laws are broken Hunarcy

Sorry that you think that way. You, and people who think like you, are the problem. Your ilk EMPTIED the asylums back in the 70's, turning thousands out and creating the homeless problem we have today, where the mentally ill are reduced to screaming at lamp posts instead of getting the help they needed. And, you insist on having the mentally ill live amongst us and shoot us because you seem unwilling to allow them to get the help they need.

Wrong...left wing social activists also pushed to clear out the mental hospitals.... mentally ill people apparently have the Right to be on the street without help..that is what they wanted, not us.

I'm not sure, based on what you wrote, what you believe I'm wrong on...unless you are insisting it be put in "left/right" terms.

No it doesnt. Its obviously a fake site.

2018-11-09_1358.png

---------------------------- ebola can be proven , mental illness can not be proven . Some people on this board could be accused of mental illness because of their political point of view i suppose Hunarcy .

And mental illness can be proven by the irrational ravings of the mentally ill. And, of course, by the dead bodies left in their wake. Honestly, I would rather err on the side of caution than mop up the aftermath of a shooting like happened in California.
--------------------------------------- i think that rational or irrational are simply OPINIONS until laws are broken Hunarcy

Sorry that you think that way. You, and people who think like you, are the problem. Your ilk EMPTIED the asylums back in the 70's, turning thousands out and creating the homeless problem we have today, where the mentally ill are reduced to screaming at lamp posts instead of getting the help they needed. And, you insist on having the mentally ill live amongst us and shoot us because you seem unwilling to allow them to get the help they need.

Wrong...left wing social activists also pushed to clear out the mental hospitals.... mentally ill people apparently have the Right to be on the street without help..that is what they wanted, not us.

".....left wing social activists also pushed to clear out the mental hospitals."

Let me point out that it was a Democrat initiative.

It was Democrat JFK's plan
Carter continued it.
The plan was a failure....so Reagan turned it over to the states.

President John F. Kennedy signs the Community Mental Health Act to provide federal funding for the construction of community-based preventive care and treatment facilities. Between the Vietnam War and an economic crisis, the program was never adequately funded.

President Jimmy Carter signs the Mental Health Systems Act, which aims to restructure the community mental-health-center program and improve services for people with chronic mental illness.

Under President Ronald Reagan, the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act repeals Carter’s community health legislation and establishes block grants for the states, ending the federal government’s role in providing services to the mentally ill. Federal mental-health spending decreases by 30 percent.

TIMELINE: Deinstitutionalization And Its Consequences

Really interesting reason why it was important to Kennedy.

Probably had to do with his experiences with his sister and her commitment.

As we say in basketball, you need multiple efforts. In order to stop this gun violence we need to curtail certain things regarding guns. You shouldnt be carrying in a gun in public if you are a male. You shouldnt be using weapons that look but more importantly function like a war weapon. There is no need other than psychological impulse for any non military person to have one.

A pump action shotgun is an actual War Weapon....currently used by militaries around the world....the lever action rifle was an actual war weapon, as was the revolver...the AR-15 semi automatic rifle was never a War weapon...

You shouldnt be using weapons that look but more importantly function like a war weapon. You shouldnt be using a pump action shotgun unless you are defending your home.

No it doesnt. Its obviously a fake site.

View attachment 227835

It's the FBI site....... you are having a glitch......when I click on the link it goes to homicide table 6....

Forum List

Back