12 Dead in Mass Shooting at So.Cal Bar

--- just heard on FOX that the 'uk' has had 39 thousand stabbings so far this year . Just saying , interesting info is all it is to me .

the UK is great for RETROSPECTIVE studies in Medicine. ----it's that
centralized system. Stabbing is "reportable" in the USA-----but some
people try to lie about the incident so that it is not recorded as such.----
as in "a knife slipped while I was cutting potatoes"

--- just heard on FOX that the 'uk' has had 39 thousand stabbings so far this year . Just saying , interesting info is all it is to me .

-------------------------------------- i already looked for a link . I heard what i heard on FOX , maybe an hour ago Rosie .

You fucks won't address it, so let me ask again:

Why should I, an innocent American citizen, be punished, and have my constitutional right to defend my life and family removed, due to the actions of a criminal murderer?
^^^ This is the kind of whining that led me to finally say "FUCK THE SECOND AMENDMENT"

She was absolutely right. Self-defense is a basic human right. If you want to strip law-abiding people of that right, then you are no better than the criminals who kill others.
Okay. The whole idea is that with many less guns in the country, less will end up in the hands of criminals. Most of the guns confiscated in crimes were obtained illegally. Less guns, less will be available to steal or sell illegally on the street.

and that doesn't work...it hasn't worked anywhere .... criminals get the guns they need to commit crimes..the only people who will obey those laws are the law abiding people who will now be the prey of those gun armed criminals....

THEY can't/won't stop Coke/Heroin/Humans from pouring in Illegally. Guns would pour in also I would suspect. We would be defenseless but criminals would be armed as always. Big Govt usually fails.

-------------------------------------- i already looked for a link . I heard what i heard on FOX , maybe an hour ago Rosie .

thanks----I am not sure about the significance of that stat. Stabbing in
a fit of rage is not all that uncommon------remember Norman Mailer?
He threw a wrench into his political career by sticking a knife into
his wife's belly--------SUDDEN ANGER. Most of these injuries are not
fatal--------BUT YA NEVAH KNOW-------they present a real clinical dilemma.
I wonder about the circumstances of the stabbings---like domestic vs
non-domestic type things

Only 12? That barely celebrates the 2nd Amendment.

More, more, more! How do you like it? How do you like it?

A pump action shotgun is an actual War Weapon....currently used by militaries around the world....the lever action rifle was an actual war weapon, as was the revolver...the AR-15 semi automatic rifle was never a War weapon...

You shouldnt be using weapons that look but more importantly function like a war weapon. You shouldnt be using a pump action shotgun unless you are defending your home.

The pump action shotgun is an actual, current War weapon...... used by our military all over the world......the AR-15 has never been used in a war....
Thats why a pump action shotgun should never be carried in public. The AR-15 looks just like the M16A! rifle so that should be banned.
I don't care if it's pink and wears panties. Regardless of what it looks like, its function makes it totally inappropriate for civilian ownership. We are NOT at war; the AR was modeled directly on the M16 (which is why it looks like one) and has one purpose. People don't use it to hunt; they use it play Rambo.
-------------------------------- of course they use the AR to hunt , shoot varmints and self defense in the home . Its a very versatile , effective and efficient gun and Americans have the RIGHT to own them . By the way , the AR15 is referred to as Americas Modern Musket OldLady .

I used my .223 to shoot a rabid skunk a few weeks ago

Who knows how many animals and people I saved from getting rabies

YEah people often get accidentally stabbed in the belly or the back while peeling potatoes with a 10 inch knife

Has it really been three days since America's latest mass gun-murder?

Tick-tock.

Don't know, but every day, every single day, Americans use their legal guns to stop rapes, robberies and murders....saving lives every single day.....

How many?

The Centers for Disease Control found through their research that Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year...on average, to stop violent criminals.....so every single day lives are saved, more lives are saved than are taken in mass shootings by criminals who ignore gun control laws.....

How many people were killed in mass public shootings in the U.S. in 2017, an outlier year? 117

2016....? 71

How many are killed by knives every single year....over 1,500.

How many are killed falling off ladders? 300.

How many are killed every year by lawn mowers....75 ....

How many times do Americans use their legal guns to save lives....1.1 million times a year.....

Do you now see why your post is so silly?

Here.....can you tell which is deadlier......

US mass shootings, 1982-2018: Data from Mother Jones’ investigation

Total murders by mass public shooters...1982-2017.....35 years.....

knife murders.....2009-2013.....

2009----1,836
2010----1,933
2011----1,611
2012---1,769
2013---1.956

--

So I'm a 5'8" 135# 45 year old woman. I can lift two gallons of milk with effort. Why should /I/ be denied the right and ability to defend myself, and my household and family, from criminals with bad intentions - possibly even intent to rape or kill me? Can any one of you anti 2nd amendment folks give me a single decent reason that /I/ should be disarmed and put at the mercy of criminals? Because I am the only kind of person that all your stupid gun laws disarm - not the criminals, not the rapists, not the murderers and mass shooters - but innocent, largely defenseless, people like me.

Of course, I'm quite sure not one of you virtue signaling shit posters have a reason, it's all a game to you idiots. What shit hole kind of life you folks want for American's when you literally take away their means and right to defend themselves from murderers? While also barking for open boarders and unlimited unvetted immigration from criminally destroyed nations. While opening the jail cell doors to let repeat criminals roam the streets. While breaking down the fucking doors of media personalities, beating people with bike locks, breaking car and store windows, and calling everyone you disagree with Nazi's. Trying to ban any alternate opinions or beliefs. Someday you fuckers will realize that you are everything you pretend to hate...
No one is suggesting you be disarmed. Unless you are a loony bird.

Do you think those that become loony birds are going to walk in and self identify? Who decides? What degree of loony gets rounded up? j
You fucks won't address it, so let me ask again:

Why should I, an innocent American citizen, be punished, and have my constitutional right to defend my life and family removed, due to the actions of a criminal murderer?
^^^ This is the kind of whining that led me to finally say "FUCK THE SECOND AMENDMENT"

Yea, of course my life is forfeit because I don't believe that guns are simple tools and it's the murderers themselves that are the problem.

You twatwaffles whine all day about empathy for victims, but you literally don't have a single scrap of it that's real.
I already said I don't want you disarmed unless you're irresponsible. Are you having a hard time reading today or are you telling me you're irresponsible or a lunatic?

Make that a law and watch the definition of irresponsible be changed to include not flossing every day
I acknowledge it's going to be hard to define that. But just having a NICS system that has updated and complete data for a background check would be a start. And much better reporting on people with mental illness that includes violent tendencies, and full reporting on DV convictions from the military. That would be a start. But you are right it won't be easy. Could we start with the above without hurting your feelings?

Can you stop Illegals from working? They have some sort of failed E-Verify. Or the ObamaCare website very costly debacle? We can't afford any programs.....that usually don't work anyways?

Step 1: end gun free zones perhaps? Let folks try to shoot back? Works in the hood EH?

You shouldnt be using weapons that look but more importantly function like a war weapon. You shouldnt be using a pump action shotgun unless you are defending your home.

The pump action shotgun is an actual, current War weapon...... used by our military all over the world......the AR-15 has never been used in a war....
Thats why a pump action shotgun should never be carried in public. The AR-15 looks just like the M16A! rifle so that should be banned.
I don't care if it's pink and wears panties. Regardless of what it looks like, its function makes it totally inappropriate for civilian ownership. We are NOT at war; the AR was modeled directly on the M16 (which is why it looks like one) and has one purpose. People don't use it to hunt; they use it play Rambo.
-------------------------------- of course they use the AR to hunt , shoot varmints and self defense in the home . Its a very versatile , effective and efficient gun and Americans have the RIGHT to own them . By the way , the AR15 is referred to as Americas Modern Musket OldLady .

I used my .223 to shoot a rabid skunk a few weeks ago

Who knows how many animals and people I saved from getting rabies

A real man would have used a baseball bat.

As we say in basketball, you need multiple efforts. In order to stop this gun violence we need to curtail certain things regarding guns. You shouldnt be carrying in a gun in public if you are a male. You shouldnt be using weapons that look but more importantly function like a war weapon. There is no need other than psychological impulse for any non military person to have one.

A pump action shotgun is an actual War Weapon....currently used by militaries around the world....the lever action rifle was an actual war weapon, as was the revolver...the AR-15 semi automatic rifle was never a War weapon...

You still don't know what you are talking about...but you still insist on talking about it...

The AR-15 is the exact same semi automatic rifle as all the other semi automatics that civilians own...it is no different in any way. The AR-15 was never used by the military, it has never been to war..... the M16 is a select fire weapon, unlike the AR-15....that means the M16 can be fired on fully automatic, the AR-15 can't.....

And yes...people use the AR-15 to hunt...all the time.... you don't know what you are talking about.

The pump action shotgun is an actual military weapon...it is currently used all over the world for military purposes.....two weeks ago a pump action shotgun was used by a shooter in Crimea to murder 21 people, not 12, so again...it isn't the weapon, it is the gun free zone target that piles up the bodies....and the pump action shotgun the killer in Crimea used? ONly holds for shells........ and he murdered 21 college students.....

When people first began to get concealed carry permits in large numbers, the anti gunners said that if we banned guns, there would be less murder because people would have to use knives to kill each other....and they wouldn't do that because you would have to get too close, and get blood on you, which would be a deterrent......

Britain shows us that 9 year olds are carrying and using knives to kill people.....another thing anti gunners don't know anything about...

11:15 p.m. last night. Twelve dead, and they are still counting. Dead include the gunman, who went into a local Country-Western bar & grill having it's weekly College Night and began by shooting the security guard and cashier, then entered and began spraying bullets at college students with his rapid fire gun. Twelve dead include one of the first deputies on the scene.

Thousand Oaks is considered one of the safest communities in the country. Just like Parkland was.

People, it is time we stopped talking and started doing something about this. It is beyond ridiculous that we are no longer safe to go grocery shopping, pray in our church, go to yoga class, or to a bar to dance. Or to work. Or to school.

Something has to be done to stop this. Not just talk this time. It is time to actually do something. January approaches. Make sure your legislators know what you think will help make this country SAFE AGAIN.

I agree. When law enforcement comes across a person who is obviously in mental distress, that person should be involuntarily committed until he/she can be evaluated to not be a danger to themselves or others. Nothing else is going to work.

That would empty 90% of the homeless problem too. A Win-Win. I called for Tent cities (forced lockup) and lambasted by commee-stay-at-home-leftist-loons.

And I call for dumbasses to stop trying to behaving as fascists and instead realize that this nation is NOT treating the mentally ill in a humane way and instead are letting them wander around untreated to fend for themselves. These are our neighbors, our relatives and they do not receive treatment and are forced to live on the streets, under bridges and in alleys. Why is that preferable to getting them into hospital and treating them? Why is it better to glare at them through your windshields as you drive by instead of getting them help? Do you feel virtuous as you look away from them as they struggle with their mental illness?

As we say in basketball, you need multiple efforts. In order to stop this gun violence we need to curtail certain things regarding guns. You shouldnt be carrying in a gun in public if you are a male. You shouldnt be using weapons that look but more importantly function like a war weapon. There is no need other than psychological impulse for any non military person to have one.

I'm sorry, but you are not correct. The AR-15 is an excellent weapon for hunting feral pigs and varmits like coyotes out here on the plains.

You still don't know what you are talking about...but you still insist on talking about it...

The AR-15 is the exact same semi automatic rifle as all the other semi automatics that civilians own...it is no different in any way. The AR-15 was never used by the military, it has never been to war..... the M16 is a select fire weapon, unlike the AR-15....that means the M16 can be fired on fully automatic, the AR-15 can't.....

And yes...people use the AR-15 to hunt...all the time.... you don't know what you are talking about.

The pump action shotgun is an actual military weapon...it is currently used all over the world for military purposes.....two weeks ago a pump action shotgun was used by a shooter in Crimea to murder 21 people, not 12, so again...it isn't the weapon, it is the gun free zone target that piles up the bodies....and the pump action shotgun the killer in Crimea used? ONly holds for shells........ and he murdered 21 college students.....
:blahblah: :th_believecrap:

I'm sorry, but you are not correct. The AR-15 is an excellent weapon for hunting feral pigs and varmits like coyotes out here on the plains.
I forgot about the pigs. We don't have them up here. We got plenty of coyotes, though, and I hear you can shoot them whenever you want. No one uses AR's on them. I've asked every hunter I know, and after giving me a look like I'm crazy, they all chuckle/snort and say No, I don't hunt with an AR. Although some own one.

So I'm a 5'8" 135# 45 year old woman. I can lift two gallons of milk with effort. Why should /I/ be denied the right and ability to defend myself, and my household and family, from criminals with bad intentions - possibly even intent to rape or kill me? Can any one of you anti 2nd amendment folks give me a single decent reason that /I/ should be disarmed and put at the mercy of criminals? Because I am the only kind of person that all your stupid gun laws disarm - not the criminals, not the rapists, not the murderers and mass shooters - but innocent, largely defenseless, people like me.

Of course, I'm quite sure not one of you virtue signaling shit posters have a reason, it's all a game to you idiots. What shit hole kind of life you folks want for American's when you literally take away their means and right to defend themselves from murderers? While also barking for open boarders and unlimited unvetted immigration from criminally destroyed nations. While opening the jail cell doors to let repeat criminals roam the streets. While breaking down the fucking doors of media personalities, beating people with bike locks, breaking car and store windows, and calling everyone you disagree with Nazi's. Trying to ban any alternate opinions or beliefs. Someday you fuckers will realize that you are everything you pretend to hate...
No one is suggesting you be disarmed. Unless you are a loony bird.

Do you think those that become loony birds are going to walk in and self identify? Who decides? What degree of loony gets rounded up? j

Yea, of course my life is forfeit because I don't believe that guns are simple tools and it's the murderers themselves that are the problem.

You twatwaffles whine all day about empathy for victims, but you literally don't have a single scrap of it that's real.
I already said I don't want you disarmed unless you're irresponsible. Are you having a hard time reading today or are you telling me you're irresponsible or a lunatic?

Make that a law and watch the definition of irresponsible be changed to include not flossing every day
I acknowledge it's going to be hard to define that. But just having a NICS system that has updated and complete data for a background check would be a start. And much better reporting on people with mental illness that includes violent tendencies, and full reporting on DV convictions from the military. That would be a start. But you are right it won't be easy. Could we start with the above without hurting your feelings?

Can you stop Illegals from working? They have some sort of failed E-Verify. Or the ObamaCare website very costly debacle? We can't afford any programs.....that usually don't work anyways?

Step 1: end gun free zones perhaps? Let folks try to shoot back? Works in the hood EH?
The people that decide now if youre suffering from some psychotic episode should make the decision. The process is already there and family members and close friends should be able to report these people and have their weapons removed and a flag put on their ID that says they cannot purchase any weapons.

You use a AR-15 for a varmint gun?

Damn they have 2 on this list.

9 Best Varmint Rifles for Predator and Varmint Hunting

I forgot about the pigs. We don't have them up here. We got plenty of coyotes, though, and I hear you can shoot them whenever you want. No one uses AR's on them. I've asked every hunter I know, and after giving me a look like I'm crazy, they all chuckle/snort and say No, I don't hunt with an AR. Although some own one.

Well, now you can say you know someone who uses ARs on coyotes. I don't hunt large animals with it, but it's quite appropriate for smaller ones. In fact, Time magazine did an article on it. Here Are 7 Animals Hunters Kill Using an AR-15

Forum List

Back