14 year old boy to get year in jail for wearing NRA T-shirt

The student "was confronted by one of the school's teachers while getting his lunch. When Jared refused to remove or reverse the shirt, the teacher began to raise his voice, and it caught the attention of students eating their lunch, White said. Marcum was eventually arrested and taken away by police after refusing to remove the shirt. White said that when police told the teen they were going to arrest him, he stuck his hands out and said, 'Fine.'" Logan City Police Chief E.K. Harper told ABCNews.com that Marcum was not arrested for wearing a t-shirt, but for "disrupting the school process." "His conduct in school almost incited a riot," Harper said. West Virginia Teen Arrested After Wearing NRA T-Shirt to School - ABC News

Yup, the kid was peaceful and non-threatening?

Yes. He was.

What did he do that was threatening, violent or otherwise disruptive except stand up for his rights?

If there was any possibility of trouble, it stemmed from the local Gestapo and the Himmler-esque Principal asking someone to forget they live in America.

Which, if libtards get their way.... We won't anymore

I'm libertarian, but I wouldn't bother ---- a crack pipe is illegal. And it's about a bad, criminal practice, drugs and the drug trade. I wouldn't defend that.

He's talking about a T-shirt with a picture of a crack pipe on it, not an actual crack pipe.

I was talking about a T-shirt with a picture of a crack pipe on it, too. I wouldn't bother: I'm no advocate for illegal, bad practices, and certainly not in the schools.

Legal and moral, okay: this NRA shirt is okay with me and the Tinker black armbands were also okay.

I don't think it should be illegal to defend a kid wearing such a shirt if someone wanted to, it's just not for me.

What you guys seem to be failing to realize it being an "NRA" shirt isn't relevant. The school didn't make this decision because of the letters, it made the decision because the shirt has a picture of a firearm on it.

The student "was confronted by one of the school's teachers while getting his lunch. When Jared refused to remove or reverse the shirt, the teacher began to raise his voice, and it caught the attention of students eating their lunch, White said. Marcum was eventually arrested and taken away by police after refusing to remove the shirt. White said that when police told the teen they were going to arrest him, he stuck his hands out and said, 'Fine.'" Logan City Police Chief E.K. Harper told ABCNews.com that Marcum was not arrested for wearing a t-shirt, but for "disrupting the school process." "His conduct in school almost incited a riot," Harper said. West Virginia Teen Arrested After Wearing NRA T-Shirt to School - ABC News

Yes. He was.

What did he do that was threatening, violent or otherwise disruptive except stand up for his rights?

If there was any possibility of trouble, it stemmed from the local Gestapo and the Himmler-esque Principal asking someone to forget they live in America.

Believe the reactionarytards like you or believe the police, the principal, the teacher?

Wanna guess who the judge is going to believe?

What you guys seem to be failing to realize it being an "NRA" shirt isn't relevant. The school didn't make this decision because of the letters, it made the decision because the shirt has a picture of a firearm on it.

Drill team at my son's HS carry rifles. So does the ROTC color guard.

Yes. He was.

Believe the reactionarytards like you or believe the police, the principal, the teacher?

Yeah, Jake.

I hope I remember you when the Judge throws this case out.

You'll make excuses. You'll come up with some kind of bullshit excuse.

But this case ain't going anywhere.

Only an idiot would believe that. And I do believe you qualify.

A 12 year old girl can buy the Plan B Morning After pill but a 14 year old kid can't wear an NRA T-Shirt to school?

:cuckoo:

And? The point is that this school, like most schools, have prohibitions on students wearing shirts with drugs, weapons, and/or profanity on them.

And? The point is that this school, like most schools, have prohibitions on students wearing shirts with drugs, weapons, and/or profanity on them.

This school had no prohibitions on a gun on a shirt.

Did this school have such a policy? I thought I read earlier in the thread it didn't.

So, how was wearing an NRA shirt any of those things? Sounds like freedom of speech to me.

This school had no prohibitions on a gun on a shirt.

Eesh, they act like the picture of a gun would actually haul off and shoot someone. So paranoid.

The last time I checked, there's no Amendment to the US Constitution about the freedom to make a fashion statement.

There is to make a political statement through fashion.

Really? First of all, there are plenty of times and places where one's freedom to make ANY kind of a ' statement' is curtailed based on circumstances. Two places that come to mind off the top of my head are work and school. Secondly, the kid is a minor. If the kid and his entire family want to walk around day in and day out in NRA t-shirts while they're not at work or school, they are certainly free to avail themselves of that fashion statement right. Otherwise, I would advise them to stop making so much unnecessary trouble for everyone else. Maybe the kid should go to school for the purpose of studying his subjects and getting a passing grade. Just a thought.

Yes. He was.

Yeah, Jake.

A 12 year old girl can buy the Plan B Morning After pill but a 14 year old kid can't wear an NRA T-Shirt to school?

Yup, you are the :cuckoo: The fact is simple that the old white Euro-centric male white protestant-dominated America is fading quickly.

The boy will go to reform home if he does not make a willing and convincing repentance.

And I will remind you, little one, when that happens: count on it.

Yup, the kid was peaceful and non-threatening? A near riot?

Step off loons, you have fail on this.

The teachers are the ones who incited a riot. They acted like a gang of jack-booted thugs. They called the police because they didn't want a hoard of students taking justice into their own hands.

Fucking weasel cowards.

Here's the School Policy on Dress --

From HuffaPole,

Although the school’s dress code makes no mention of NRA paraphernalia, it currently states the following: “If in the judgment of the administration, a student is dressed inappropriately, the student will be required to change clothes or cover up inappropriate clothing before returning to classes.”

Which is so broad as to be legally unenforceable. Completely useless. It's only good for -- Nothing, really.

Yup, the kid was peaceful and non-threatening? A near riot?

Step off loons, you have fail on this.

The teachers are the ones who incited a riot. They acted like a gang of jack-booted thugs. They called the police because they didn't want a hoard of students taking justice into their own hands. Fucking weasel cowards.

Yup, that is exactly what you are: a weasel coward.

Yeah, Jake.

Yup, you are the :cuckoo: The fact is simple that the old white Euro-centric male white protestant-dominated America is fading quickly.

The boy will go to reform home if he does not make a willing and convincing repentance.

And I will remind you, little one, when that happens: count on it.

I got your 'little one' hangin, bitch

Forum List

Back