14 year old boy to get year in jail for wearing NRA T-shirt

I'm also wondering where this belief that the school is filled with starry-eyed leftists is coming from. This a small town in West Virginia. It's a district Romney carried by 40 points. Romney carried this county by a larger margin than he carried any state except Utah (and even that was close).

It's not when you consider in the broader framework of school dress codes.

I'm not getting yours or their argument. There is clearly no violent imagery on this student's shirt. It does seem to indicate his support for an organization that defends 2nd Amendment rights though. I'm pretty sure if he wore a shirt indicating his support of a particular Teacher Union, it wouldn't be an issue.

It would have been an issue if it had a gun on it. Once again, you guys are so focused on the political message that you're missing the actual issue.

An image of a gun does not = violent imagery. That's simply an arbitrary and biased viewpoint. If anything, the shirt indicates supporting Constitutional Rights. So like i said, their argument on this is very weak.

I'm also wondering where this belief that the school is filled with starry-eyed leftists is coming from. This a small town in West Virginia. It's a district Romney carried by 40 points. Romney carried this county by a larger margin than he carried any state except Utah (and even that was close).

Half the delegates at the Democrat Convention were members of the NEA and the NTA. The Democrat party is a wholly owned subsidiary of the teacher's unions.

But it's promoting the action, just like shirts with drug items on them.

What action, defending yourself? How about if it had a picture of an F-15 on it? Would that violate the rules?

Of shooting people. The argument that you guys are advancing about "guns aren't violent" ignores the function of guns.

Guns are inanimate objects. Violence is an action. Inanimate objects don't do actions. So, no, guns are not violent.

You didn't answer the question I asked: would a pic of an F-15 violate the rules?

Last edited:
But it's promoting the action, just like shirts with drug items on them.

What action, defending yourself? How about if it had a picture of an F-15 on it? Would that violate the rules?

Of shooting people. The argument that you guys are advancing about "guns aren't violent" ignores the function of guns.

Well, that's how you see it. But others would see it as him wearing a shirt indicating support for Constitutional Rights. Either way, they over-reacted. It's just plain stupid. Just more proof our State-Run Education System is in shambles. They should simply leave the kid alone and move on.

Guns are inanimate objects. Violence is an action. Inanimate objects don't do actions. So, no, guns are violent.

You didn't answer the question I asked: would a pic of an F-15 violate the rules?

No, but that more a matter of abstraction (you can't carry an F-15).

Well, that's how you see it. But others would see it as him wearing a shirt indicating support for Constitutional Rights. Either way, they over-reacted. It's just plain stupid. Just more proof our State-Run Education System is in shambles. They should simply leave the kid alone and move on.

It's not "how I see it". It's the function of a gun. Guns are used to shoot things.

Guns are inanimate objects. Violence is an action. Inanimate objects don't do actions. So, no, guns are violent.

So a pic of a AR 15 rifle is "violent," but a picture of an F-15 - a machine that has dealt out death to thousands of people - isn't violent?

BTW, an F-15 has a 20 mm Vulcan cannon built into it. If a pic of a gun is against the rules, why isn't a pic of a machine that carries a very big gun against the rules?

It's not "how I see it". It's the function of a gun. Guns are used to shoot things.

So are F-15s. Are they against the rules or not?

So a pic of a AR 15 rifle is "violent," but a picture of an F-15 - a machine that has dealt out death to thousands of people - isn't violent?

BTW, an F-15 has a 20 mm Vulcan cannon built into it. If a pic of a gun is against the rules, why isn't a pic of a machine that carries a very big gun against the rules?

It's not that it isn't violent. It's the practicality of use issue (as, technically speaking, it would violate such rules as well).

So are F-15s. Are they against the rules or not?

That question has already been answered. Sorry that you're too lazy to read.

It's not that it isn't violent. It's the practicality of use issue (as, technically speaking, it would violate such rules as well).

Oh puhleeze! So it's not guns in particular that are against the rules. It's only guns that are "practical" to use that are against the rules.

Only a class-A fool is going to swallow logic like that.

You need to consider that an NRA shirt or banner is insulating to some people, such as the wealthy, and foreign interest.
When we see this it reminds us that we aren't SHIT, until we can remove the guns from Americans.
This feeling of hopelessness causes us to retreat into a mental state of forced behavior ............ it is unpleasant .......... so naturally we must do something to change it.
I actually think the ACLU in cooperation with NAMBLA could make it illegal to display NRA content publicly.

Yes, it was. The neo-anarchist and libertarian faux rage here fools no one.

Wrong again, Fakey. There is no category for having a picture of a gun on your shirt.

yes, you are wrong again. the rules and regs were clear. the boy defied the teacher, defied the principal, defied the police. a psychiatric hospital for teenage boys who do not get it is in his future.

Are you LYING, are you HALLUCINATING, or are you just stoned? The orderlies REALLY need to start using cattle prods on you.

You need to consider that an NRA shirt or banner is insulating to some people, such as the wealthy, and foreign interest.
When we see this it reminds us that we aren't SHIT, until we can remove the guns from Americans.
This feeling of hopelessness causes us to retreat into a mental state of forced behavior ............ it is unpleasant .......... so naturally we must do something to change it.
I actually think the ACLU in cooperation with NAMBLA could make it illegal to display NRA content publicly.

Please off yourself, trollboy.

The schools dress code reads, "Clothing and accessories that display profanity, violence, discriminatory messages or sexually suggestive phrases are not to be worn at school or school functions."

Displaying an NRA logo - you know the ones that support gun safety and train law enforcement, military and many others in the safe handling of firearms - and a picture of a gun along with the "defend your rights" has nothing to do with violence. It is a political statement that is neither violent nor discriminatory. It is not profane or sexually suggestive. In no way does the shirt violate the schools written dress code. It is the right of every American to express their rights and their support of their rights. if the teacher had just gone on teaching it would have been a non-issue like it was the following day when 15 kids wore the same shirt in support of their classmate - and nothing was done about it.

The school screwed up and so did the police and now they are going to stand there supporting what they did to see if they can "make it go away" at the expense of this boy.

It isn't going to go well for them in the end because he did nothing wrong in the first place and they did a lot that was wrong - legally and morally.

Forum List

Back