14-year-old charged with assault and carjacking of SEVEN cars in Wash DC

You are equating what you consider to be common sense practices with a legal requirement.

I had a friend who removed floor mats from his car. His belief was that the floor mat could shift and either jam the accelerator or block the brake. For him this was common sense precautions. If someone doesn’t do that should they be charged with a crime?

Your argument is they should have known. They should have known and taken precautions to prevent Junior from doing anything. They should have known.

In my experience parents almost never see the worst in their children. But they should have known.
Will his floor mat removal abet and facilitate an intentional attack on a school full of kids?

Back in the 90s, a DC youth and friends made the mistake of trying to carjack the vehicle with firearms being driven by an off duty Federal Law Enforcement Officer who was armed as well. The 16 year old ended up taking a bullet and losing his life.

As tragic as that is, kids need to be taught that if they are willing to use a gun to take a car and possibly end the life of the driver to get that car, they too take the risk of losing their life as well.

Phaw ... the guns were on a wall rack and the ammo in a foot locker underneath ... anytime us kids wanted to go out shooting, well, step-father kept the foot locker full for that reason ... his reasoning was that with a couple of pre-teen boys, it was inevitable we'd clear out some of the vermin ... he was right ... we kill many many squirrels, crows and magpies ... he said that improved the harvest ... i wasn't going to argue ...

This included a semi-auto rifle ... [shrugs shoulders] ... but we had neighbors within it's range so it was rare for us to use it ... plus it really stings when you get hit, .22L or not ... or so I'm told ... I swear, we never shot at each other ... whoever said we did is a liar ...

Forum List

Back