🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

1400 Year, The Hatred Still Central

The IMAM told you that Moses was a polytheist? Did he also tell you that the bible gets re-written every Tuesday and Thursday?
Every living thing evolves and religions are no different. If you are born into a world filled with many gods it is a big leap to believe there is really only one. Which one? OTOH, it is a small step to the belief that one of the many gods has chosen your people to establish a covenant with you. You worship only him and he is your protector. This is called monolatry.
The first Jews practiced monolatry. If they were monotheistic and they lost faith in God while wandering in the wilderness they would have become atheists. Only polytheists would think to turn to another god when their god failed them.

See:

Some historians have argued that ancient Israel originally practiced a form of monolatry or henotheism.[7] John Day suggests that angels are what became of the other gods once monotheism took over Israel.[8] John McKenzie has stated: "In the ancient Near East the existence of divine beings was universally accepted without questions. ... The question was not whether there is only one elohim, but whether there is any elohim like Yahweh."[9]

Some scholars claim the Torah (Pentateuch) shows evidence of monolatry in some passages. The argument is normally based on references to other gods, such as the "gods of the Egyptians" in the Book of Exodus (Exodus 12:12). The Egyptians are also attributed powers that suggest the existence of their gods; in Exodus 7:11–13, after Aaron transforms his staff into a snake, Pharaoh's sorcerers do likewise. In the ancient Near East, magic was generally believed to exist,[10] though the Israelites viewed magic as being malign in origin and were forbidden from it. With regard to miracle and prophecy, the Bible commands the Israelites not to follow false prophets (those who compromise the law) and to put them to death.[11] The miracles of false prophets are, like those of the Egyptian sorcerers, regarded by the Israelites as a divine test to see if the Israelites "love the LORD [their] God with all [their] heart and with all [their] soul".

The Ten Commandments have been interpreted by some as evidence that the Israelites originally practiced monolatry.[12] Exodus 20:3 reads "Thou shalt have no other gods before me", [13] and they argue that the addition of "before me" at the end of the commandment indicates that not only other gods may exist but that they may be respected and worshiped so long as less than Yahweh.

There is evidence that the Israelites before the Babylonian captivity in the 6th century BCE did not adhere to monotheism. Much of this evidence comes from the Bible itself, which records that many Israelites chose to worship foreign gods and idols rather than Yahweh.[14]

During the 8th century BCE, the monotheistic worship of Yahweh in Israel was in competition with many other cults, described by the Yahwist faction collectively as Baals. The oldest books of the Hebrew Bible reflect this competition, as in the books of Hosea and Nahum, whose authors lament the "apostasy" of the people of Israel and threaten them with the wrath of God if they do not give up their polytheistic cults.[15][16][17]

"Every living thing evolves and religions are no different."

Well, then, either Islam isn't a religion, or you are simply lying to shield the blood cult.

1. 1400 years ago, Islam was based on converting the world to Islam.
The ones his followers couldn’t convince to convert, well….they could rape, kill and rob.

The very same rules apply today.

According to Raymond Ibraham, in “The Sword and the Scimitar,” “The appeal of Muhammad’s message lay in its compatibility with the tribal mores of his society….enmity for other tribes, and raids on the latter to enrich and empower the former….The tribe was what humanity is to modern people: to be a part of it was to be treated humanely; to be outside of it was to be treated inhumanely.”

Any doubt the same rules apply?

2. "Sweden's population grew from 9 million to 9.5 million in the years 2004-2012, mainly due to immigration from "countries like Afghanistan, Iraq and Somalia". 16 percent of all newborns have mothers born in non-Western countries. Employment rate among immigrants: 54 percent.

Sweden now has the second highest number of rapes in the world, after South Africa, which at 53.2 per 100,000 is six times higher than the United States. Statistics now suggest that1 out of every 4 Swedish women will be raped.

... Muslims represented in as many as 77 percent of the rape cases and a major increase in rape cases paralleling a major increase in Muslim immigration, the wages of Muslim immigration are proving to be a sexual assault epidemic by a misogynistic ideology." 1 in 4 Swedish Women Will Be Raped as Sexual Assaults Increase 500%

a. "It is the country credited with saving Protestant Northern Europe during the 30 years war. Today Sweden is deemed “The Rape Capital of Europe” because there is virtually no punishment for Muslim immigrants who commit rape.” SWEDISH COURT RULES THAT IT’S OKAY FOR MUSLIMS TO RAPE WOMEN | Washington Weekly News

3. "Rape jihad in Denmark: More than half of all convicted rapists have immigrant backgrounds. Iraqis, Iranians, Turks and Somalis dramatically overrepresented…
...100 percent of convicted rapists in Oslo have non-Western background. According to the Oslo police, non-Western immigrants rape because they are brought up with a view of women that makes them more likely to become rapists. It would be more precise to say that they just follow their religion, which allows them to rape non-Muslim women." Rape jihad in Denmark: More than half of all convicted rapists have immigrant backgrounds. Iraqis, Iranians, Turks and Somalis dramatically overrepresented…

Want to see that again?

"... immigrants rape because they are brought up with a view of women that makes them more likely to become rapists. It would be more precise to say that they just follow their religion, which allows them to rape non-Muslim women."

Well, then, either Islam isn't a religion, or you are simply lying to shield the blood cult.
You may not believe in evolution but here is a factoid, it occurs in response to the environment. Africa began drying out and apes responded by walking upright. Islam is no different.

Muslims conquered/converted a large part of the Middle East and were able to develop a great civilization in the absence of external threats. Much later they were conquered and colonized by the West and responded with whatever resistance they could muster. When the colonization ended, the Middle East was carved up into arbitrary countries by people who really had no clue what they were dealing with. Out of that process Israel was born and has been viewed as illegitimate by the Muslim world ever since. It has been a focus of Muslim hatred ever since and the West is seen as supporting it and 'oppressing' Islam. At the same time, the Middle East is generally very poor and very corrupt and, the young especially, are frustrated and fodder for extremists.

I'm not saying who is right and who is wrong (actually OK both sides are) but Islam has evolved in response, just not the way we'd like.

As for the rape, I don't recall such actions are condoned in the Koran, I think they are inexcusable but culturally based, not religiously based.

You may not believe in evolution but here is a factoid, it occurs in response to the environment. Africa began drying out and apes responded by walking upright. Islam is no different.

Muslims conquered/converted a large part of the Middle East and were able to develop a great civilization in the absence of external threats. Much later they were conquered and colonized by the West and responded with whatever resistance they could muster. When the colonization ended, the Middle East was carved up into arbitrary countries by people who really had no clue what they were dealing with. Out of that process Israel was born and has been viewed as illegitimate by the Muslim world ever since. It has been a focus of Muslim hatred ever since and the West is seen as supporting it and 'oppressing' Islam. At the same time, the Middle East is generally very poor and very corrupt and, the young especially, are frustrated and fodder for extremists.

I'm not saying who is right and who is wrong (actually OK both sides are) but Islam has evolved in response, just not the way we'd like.

As for the rape, I don't recall such actions are condoned in the Koran, I think they are inexcusable but culturally based, not religiously based.

alang, You are remarkably ignorant of both history and religion. Of course
you need not answer----but I am curious as to your background. Do you get
around and meet people of varying backgrounds much?. For the record---
you have no insight into the processes of evolution either. It is clear that you
missed or ignored biology in high school. Your concept of evolution is
LAMARCKIAN. Feel free to ask questions. My very own hubby was born
in a very arab/muslim country. Any questions on its "culture" and "glorious
history"-------feel free to ask----he is here

The IMAM told you that Moses was a polytheist? Did he also tell you that the bible gets re-written every Tuesday and Thursday?
Every living thing evolves and religions are no different. If you are born into a world filled with many gods it is a big leap to believe there is really only one. Which one? OTOH, it is a small step to the belief that one of the many gods has chosen your people to establish a covenant with you. You worship only him and he is your protector. This is called monolatry.
The first Jews practiced monolatry. If they were monotheistic and they lost faith in God while wandering in the wilderness they would have become atheists. Only polytheists would think to turn to another god when their god failed them.

See:

Some historians have argued that ancient Israel originally practiced a form of monolatry or henotheism.[7] John Day suggests that angels are what became of the other gods once monotheism took over Israel.[8] John McKenzie has stated: "In the ancient Near East the existence of divine beings was universally accepted without questions. ... The question was not whether there is only one elohim, but whether there is any elohim like Yahweh."[9]

Some scholars claim the Torah (Pentateuch) shows evidence of monolatry in some passages. The argument is normally based on references to other gods, such as the "gods of the Egyptians" in the Book of Exodus (Exodus 12:12). The Egyptians are also attributed powers that suggest the existence of their gods; in Exodus 7:11–13, after Aaron transforms his staff into a snake, Pharaoh's sorcerers do likewise. In the ancient Near East, magic was generally believed to exist,[10] though the Israelites viewed magic as being malign in origin and were forbidden from it. With regard to miracle and prophecy, the Bible commands the Israelites not to follow false prophets (those who compromise the law) and to put them to death.[11] The miracles of false prophets are, like those of the Egyptian sorcerers, regarded by the Israelites as a divine test to see if the Israelites "love the LORD [their] God with all [their] heart and with all [their] soul".

The Ten Commandments have been interpreted by some as evidence that the Israelites originally practiced monolatry.[12] Exodus 20:3 reads "Thou shalt have no other gods before me", [13] and they argue that the addition of "before me" at the end of the commandment indicates that not only other gods may exist but that they may be respected and worshiped so long as less than Yahweh.

There is evidence that the Israelites before the Babylonian captivity in the 6th century BCE did not adhere to monotheism. Much of this evidence comes from the Bible itself, which records that many Israelites chose to worship foreign gods and idols rather than Yahweh.[14]

During the 8th century BCE, the monotheistic worship of Yahweh in Israel was in competition with many other cults, described by the Yahwist faction collectively as Baals. The oldest books of the Hebrew Bible reflect this competition, as in the books of Hosea and Nahum, whose authors lament the "apostasy" of the people of Israel and threaten them with the wrath of God if they do not give up their polytheistic cults.[15][16][17]

Alang, the "scholars" you cite have a real problem in their attempt to interpret
the bible. They, clearly, have no concept of the Hebrew language. Keep
in mind, translations are nothing more than approximations of the written word.
I am fascinated that your man Mckenzie is from Seton Hall. Long ago a
divinity student from that institution told me some really idiotic interpretations.
He seemed to think he knew ALL ABOUT IT. I had ABSOLUTELY, not asked

you have no insight into the processes of evolution either. It is clear that you
Thanks for the kind offer but I am fairly confident in the accuracy of my knowledge of history, religion, and science. I've been to one Muslim country and know more than a few Muslims in the US. I've also read a host of books on Islam, Judaism, and Christianity. You?

Thanks for the kind offer but I am fairly confident in the accuracy of my knowledge of history, religion, and science. I've been to one Muslim country and know more than a few Muslims in the US. I've also read a host of books on Islam, Judaism, and Christianity. You?

sheeeeeesh you don't even know how "EVOLUTION" works-------did you graduate high school in the USA?------you got middle eastern "culture" and
islam all wrong too. You do seem a bit tinged with the muslim rewrite of
history

sheeeeeesh you don't even know how "EVOLUTION" works-------did you graduate high school in the USA?------you got middle eastern "culture" and
history
I did graduate HS in the US. College and graduate school too. You saying I'm wrong about anything is less than convincing. What did I get wrong?

So…you’re a government school grad?

“Yes I am (and my wife and kids are too) and I'm not ashamed of it. “

Easy To Convince The Uneducated

You are the single best reason to abandon government public schools.

"I am fairly confident in the accuracy of my knowledge...'

And this is the laugh line of the day.

history

"....-did you graduate high school ..."

Sadly.....that is exactly the source of his problems.

history

Three posts, one complete waste of time. Your standards as slipping even lower.

history

Three posts, one complete waste of time. Your standards as slipping even lower.

Similar to your claim of having an education???

history
I did graduate HS in the US. College and graduate school too. You saying I'm wrong about anything is less than convincing. What did I get wrong?

history

any simple course in biology SHOULD disabuse even the simple minded
that LAMARCK got it wrong--------and apes did not decide to come down
off the trees

history

history

off the trees

A great point.....

Sadly, that dunce has no idea who Lamack was....or his significance to inheritance of traits....

you have, clearly, read the wrong books. You understanding of evolution is kinda
comical. ' apes responded to the climate of Africa by standing upright ' ???
Islam "evolves" too? The Koran does not address rape of captive women?
maybe you should do some re-reading

off the trees
What I wrote was: "Africa began drying out and apes responded by walking upright".

I don't believe I said apes made any decisions nor did I speak of individual apes. The fact is that as the African climate became drier, at least one species of ape responded to this selection pressure/new resource opportunity by improving their open-country locomotion and eventually walking fully upright. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough for you.

you have, clearly, read the wrong books. You understanding of evolution is kinda

He can't re-read what he has, clearly, never read.

Books are anathema to his sort.....there are born to follow orders.

He never read this:

. The Q'ran gives Muslims the go-ahead to rape infidel women.

"Female al-Azhar prof:

Allah allows Muslims to rape non-Muslim women

The seizure of Infidel girls and their use as sex slaves is sanctioned in the Qur’an. According to Islamic law, Muslim men can take “captives of the right hand” (Qur’an 4:3, 4:24, 33:50). The Qur’an says: “O Prophet! Lo! We have made lawful unto thee thy wives unto whom thou hast paid their dowries, and those whom thy right hand possesseth of those whom Allah hath given thee as spoils of war” (33:50). 4:3 and 4:24 extend this privilege to Muslim men in general.

The Qur’an says that a man may have sex with his wives and with these slave girls: “The believers must (eventually) win through, those who humble themselves in their prayers; who avoid vain talk; who are active in deeds of charity; who abstain from sex, except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess, for (in their case) they are free from blame.” (Qur’an 23:1-6)"
Female al-Azhar prof: Allah allows Muslims to rape non-Muslim women

During Muhammad’s time, European slave girls were held out as sexual trophies to entice Muslims to fight. Indeed, Muhammad asked a new convert “Would you like the girls of Banu al-Asfar?” as a way to entice him to join the jihad and reap its rewards — which, in this case, included the possibility of enslaving and raping blonde Byzantine women — not as some idealistic discussion on beauty.” TRANSLATING ISLAM: Muslim Rapists Prefer Blondes By RAYMOND IBRAHIM - Yonkers Tribune.

Has there been a reformation as per the Judeo-Christina Bible? Is there a fatwa against the earlier entitlements????

Seems not.

I have to admit, I've never actually read the Koran. I've tried but I find it unreadable. I've read summaries of what it contains.

Where does it address rape of captive women?

I don't believe neither the Koran nor the Bible are the words of God, they are the words of men who lived in a certain place at a certain time. As such, I don't see their morality as being fundamentally different.

He can't re-read what he has, clearly, never read.

Books are anathema to his sort.....there are born to follow orders.

He never read this:

. The Q'ran gives Muslims the go-ahead to rape infidel women.

"Female al-Azhar prof:

Allah allows Muslims to rape non-Muslim women

The seizure of Infidel girls and their use as sex slaves is sanctioned in the Qur’an. According to Islamic law, Muslim men can take “captives of the right hand” (Qur’an 4:3, 4:24, 33:50). The Qur’an says: “O Prophet! Lo! We have made lawful unto thee thy wives unto whom thou hast paid their dowries, and those whom thy right hand possesseth of those whom Allah hath given thee as spoils of war” (33:50). 4:3 and 4:24 extend this privilege to Muslim men in general.

The Qur’an says that a man may have sex with his wives and with these slave girls: “The believers must (eventually) win through, those who humble themselves in their prayers; who avoid vain talk; who are active in deeds of charity; who abstain from sex, except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess, for (in their case) they are free from blame.” (Qur’an 23:1-6)"
Female al-Azhar prof: Allah allows Muslims to rape non-Muslim women

During Muhammad’s time, European slave girls were held out as sexual trophies to entice Muslims to fight. Indeed, Muhammad asked a new convert “Would you like the girls of Banu al-Asfar?” as a way to entice him to join the jihad and reap its rewards — which, in this case, included the possibility of enslaving and raping blonde Byzantine women — not as some idealistic discussion on beauty.” TRANSLATING ISLAM: Muslim Rapists Prefer Blondes By RAYMOND IBRAHIM - Yonkers Tribune.

Has there been a reformation as per the Judeo-Christina Bible? Is there a fatwa against the earlier entitlements????

Seems not.
Did you read this:
In Islam, human sexuality is governed by God's law. Accordingly, sexual violation is regarded as a violation of moral and divine law.[1] Islam divided claims of sexual violation into 'divine rights' (huquq Allah) and 'interpersonal rights' (huquq al-'ibad): the former requiring divine punishment (hadd penalties) and the latter belonging to the more flexible human realm.[2]
Rape is considered a serious sexual crime in Islam. Classical Islamic law (Shari'a) regarded the crime of sexual violation as a coercive zina, and therefore a hadd offence.[1]

or this:
The truth about Muslims and sex slavery - according to the Koran, rather than Isis or Islamophobes

Like many myths about Islam, the Quran and Muslims, I've always heard the worst from Islamophobic extremists and Islamist extremists alike. They tend to share pretty much the same language, online content and perpetuate the same awful narratives about Muslims and their supposed religious practices.

As time wears on I’m starting to see these similarities are unavoidable – particularly online where it is rife. For example, this video of a female Muslim 'scholar' saying that men can have sex with female prisoners of war to ‘humiliate’ them has been shared widely on right-wing news sites and social media.

This narrative has been spread in the wake of recent sexual assault allegations in Cologne and reports of Isis fighters raping and selling sex slaves. It’s mainly been promoted by Donald Trump supporting anti-Muslim bigots, far-right extremists and people who’ll easily believe anything bad about Muslims.

Those sharing the video usually make unfounded claims that the 'North African/Arab' men accused of the Cologne assaults were motivated by a ‘Muslim background’. The video has been used as proof of a culturally ingrained mindset that all Muslims apparently possess, as well as claims that the Quran supposedly endorses raping women, in particular female slaves.

It’s worth noting the video has also been shared by Muslims who have strongly refuted and ostracised the scholar, reacting with disgust over this extreme view.

And they are right: rape and sexual violence is not permitted in Islamic texts. It is of course something that causes harm to other humans, which is not Halal (permissible) and, in early Muslim communities, rape was a crime punishable by death.

However, seeing as this myth isn’t about to go away with a few online condemnations, what scripture is being cited by extremists and has it been distorted? After all, there are billions of Muslims across the globe that aren’t going round capturing women to rape as sex slaves.

The main reference cited is Chapter 23:1-6 in the Quran. It reads:

“And successful are the believers who guard their chastity … except from their wives or those that their right hands possess.”

The reference is about sexual relations, which are forbidden with any woman unless she is a spouse or ‘those their right hands possess’. To be clear, this means a concubine, bondmaid or a slave, but intercourse has to be consensual. Rape is forbidden as it is violent, and Islamic texts legislated for the proper and honourable treatment of slaves.

Even consensual sexual relations with a slave were not permissible if it caused harm and abuse elsewhere (e.g. to a wife) as all parties involved would be affected.

Furthermore this is not an entitlement. Concubinage and interpersonal relations with various bondmaids/slaves was already occurring at the time the Quran came about and subsequent passages list restrictions as a starting point to help to bring about the end of slavery. In any case, marriage was encouraged (Chapter 24:32) with slaves.

In fact, slavery was never endorsed by Islamic texts; rather it was something inherited from pre-Islamic cultures (pre-600s) that needed to be voluntarily and gradually weeded out of society through manumission, which was highly encouraged (Chapters 24:32-33 & 16:71). Islamic texts list a plethora of avenues to free slaves, as it was seen as a highly virtuous act. It’s difficult to find any references on how to make slaves out of people; rather the focus is always on ending slavery.

Conveniently this is something the extremists ignore, and this example further enforces the point that religious illiteracy is a root cause of extremism. Islamophobic extremists as well as Islamist extremists (like Isis) who promote and validate sexual violence through unspecific passages in the Quran - or without context - do so to justify their own violent mindsets.​

Forum List

Back