18 year old charged with sex with 14 year old.

Why is it that we don't expect young people to have any control over their biological urges. There have always been biological urges and those who can't control them. The difference is now, they aren't expected to control them. A 17 year old boy who had sex with a 15 year old girl would get the absolute shit kicked out of him if there were no criminal penalties. It isn't that at 17.5 the conduct was AOK. It was never AOK. We just expect a level of maturity from someone 18 that we don't expect from someone 17. If they don't have that level of maturity, why not? Something in the maturation process is wrong.

There has never been a law that prevented any kind of conduct, from shoplifting to murder, all laws are ineffective. We end up with zero tolerance laws because of judicial discretion. The judges discretioned all penalties away.

We have here a young woman who is attracted to underage girls. She's not attracted to women, but underage girls. One would think that at the very least, Kaitlyn's own parents would have noticed the relationship, knew their daughter was gay, and started educating her as to appropriate behavior. The age difference of four years might not be important in ten more years but it is now and 14 year old are still guilty of molesting 10 year olds and 8 year olds victimize four year olds. I guarantee you that parents seeing their ten year old hanging around with a 14 year old would have alarm bells ringing.

Is our culture truly this sick, depraved and degenerate that we cannot even recognize predatory behavior? Excuse it when we see it? Is that how bad we've become?

Why ask, the answer is yes.

Not sure where you live, but that scenario happens every day. Not getting the shit kicked out of them, but 17 year old boys having sex with 15 year old girls. For God's sake, what you're suggesting is that teenagers of similar age can't date and everyone needs to wait until they are over 18 to begin a relationship. Never happened, never will. I have an aunt and uncle who got married when he was 16 and she was 15......with the concent of both sets of parents. Her daddy was the county sherrif. They've been married for over 50 years now. I guess we could go the burqa route and feep the genders seperated, but that seems a bit extreem and counter to human nature.

As a matter of fact, everyone TODAY does wait until they are quite up in age before they build a relationship. More and more, TODAY, they don't build relationships at all. It's the hook up culture and Hunt's parents have artfully prepared her for it. The victm's family might feel differently

It's just destructive. Which is why children need guidance.

Still trying for an answer as to what is a "date". Is it going to a movie? Or has the whore definition of date meaning a business transaction with a john become accepted?

If I go to dinner and a play with someone is that a date? Or does it have to end in sex to be a real date?

This is getting loonier and loonier.

Since I feel this girl does not deserved to be labeled a felon, I started following her support group on twitter. Today is the last day the family has left to take or reject the plea deal. If anyone wants to write to the DA and ask him to give the girl a better bargain, here's his email:)

[email protected]

I wonder if people would be so quick to jump to the older person's defense if this were a standard 18 year old boy-14 year old girl case.

Since I feel this girl does not deserved to be labeled a felon, I started following her support group on twitter. Today is the last day the family has left to take or reject the plea deal. If anyone wants to write to the DA and ask him to give the girl a better bargain, here's his email:)

[email protected]

I wonder if people would be so quick to jump to the older person's defense if this were a standard 18 year old boy-14 year old girl case.

If they had dated in high school since the boy was 17 and the parents knew about it and didn't jump on it til he was 18....yes I would. But, also....I don't think the school would have taken the time to rat him out either.

[email protected]

If they had dated in high school since the boy was 17 and the parents knew about it and didn't jump on it til he was 18....yes I would. But, also....I don't think the school would have taken the time to rat him out either.

Is that a proven fact in this case, or just the usual speculation one finds at the start of the media frenzy attached to one of these things?

Also I have linked 3 other cases of 18/14 found on just the first page of a google search. Evidently the time is taken for boy/girl ones as well.

Why is it that we don't expect young people to have any control over their biological urges. There have always been biological urges and those who can't control them. The difference is now, they aren't expected to control them. A 17 year old boy who had sex with a 15 year old girl would get the absolute shit kicked out of him if there were no criminal penalties. It isn't that at 17.5 the conduct was AOK. It was never AOK. We just expect a level of maturity from someone 18 that we don't expect from someone 17. If they don't have that level of maturity, why not? Something in the maturation process is wrong.

There has never been a law that prevented any kind of conduct, from shoplifting to murder, all laws are ineffective. We end up with zero tolerance laws because of judicial discretion. The judges discretioned all penalties away.

We have here a young woman who is attracted to underage girls. She's not attracted to women, but underage girls. One would think that at the very least, Kaitlyn's own parents would have noticed the relationship, knew their daughter was gay, and started educating her as to appropriate behavior. The age difference of four years might not be important in ten more years but it is now and 14 year old are still guilty of molesting 10 year olds and 8 year olds victimize four year olds. I guarantee you that parents seeing their ten year old hanging around with a 14 year old would have alarm bells ringing.

Is our culture truly this sick, depraved and degenerate that we cannot even recognize predatory behavior? Excuse it when we see it? Is that how bad we've become?

Not sure where you live, but that scenario happens every day. Not getting the shit kicked out of them, but 17 year old boys having sex with 15 year old girls. For God's sake, what you're suggesting is that teenagers of similar age can't date and everyone needs to wait until they are over 18 to begin a relationship. Never happened, never will. I have an aunt and uncle who got married when he was 16 and she was 15......with the concent of both sets of parents. Her daddy was the county sherrif. They've been married for over 50 years now. I guess we could go the burqa route and feep the genders seperated, but that seems a bit extreem and counter to human nature.

As a matter of fact, everyone TODAY does wait until they are quite up in age before they build a relationship. More and more, TODAY, they don't build relationships at all. It's the hook up culture and Hunt's parents have artfully prepared her for it. The victm's family might feel differently

Still trying for an answer as to what is a "date". Is it going to a movie? Or has the whore definition of date meaning a business transaction with a john become accepted?

If I go to dinner and a play with someone is that a date? Or does it have to end in sex to be a real date?

If you just go to dinner and a play thats just going out, its not a date unless you are trying to build a relationship with someone and yes more often than not that includes sex.

They shouldn't. They haven't in the past.

This 13 year old got 65 years.

Teenage rapist Jose Walle resentenced to 65 years in prison | Tampa Bay Times

Particularly disgusting is this case, where adults looked the other way as kids just acted like animals.

California Pre-School Sex Scandal: School Closing Its Doors After 4- and 5-Year-Olds Admit Oral Sex

A church-run pre-school in Carson, California is shutting down after parents found out kindergarteners were allegedly giving each other oral sex, and now families of the abused children are stepping forward to file a class-action lawsuit against the school, church, principal, teacher and an alleged child perpetrator.

ABC News reports that at least two young boys say they received oral sex from a 5-year-old girl while attending classes at the First Lutheran Church of Carson School, where the children are students. The children were giving each other oral sex in a tunnel slide, on the playground, outside of a bathroom and at nap time, while teachers aides who were supposed to be watching the kids slept. One mother of a 5-year-old former student told KABC-TV that sexual encounters between 4- and 5-year-old students were an “everyday thing” at the school, and that she pulled her daughter out of the school in October after she was caught by a teacher performing oral sex in the bathroom on a 4-year-old boy.

Just kids being kids, right?

Particularly disgusting is this case, where adults looked the other way as kids just acted like animals.

California Pre-School Sex Scandal: School Closing Its Doors After 4- and 5-Year-Olds Admit Oral Sex

A church-run pre-school in Carson, California is shutting down after parents found out kindergarteners were allegedly giving each other oral sex, and now families of the abused children are stepping forward to file a class-action lawsuit against the school, church, principal, teacher and an alleged child perpetrator.

ABC News reports that at least two young boys say they received oral sex from a 5-year-old girl while attending classes at the First Lutheran Church of Carson School, where the children are students. The children were giving each other oral sex in a tunnel slide, on the playground, outside of a bathroom and at nap time, while teachers aides who were supposed to be watching the kids slept. One mother of a 5-year-old former student told KABC-TV that sexual encounters between 4- and 5-year-old students were an “everyday thing” at the school, and that she pulled her daughter out of the school in October after she was caught by a teacher performing oral sex in the bathroom on a 4-year-old boy.

This is completely disgusting and insane.:evil:

[email protected]

I don't know about others.

On reading about this case and Flordia laws I've actually been really shocked by the volume of these type of cases florida pursues, mostly older boys/younger girls. Young men whose lives are shattered by a poorly written law.

Its awful and it should be changed.

Pardon me for being 56. There are many terms from back in my day. "Going steady" or dating typically referred to a boyfriend and girlfriend relationship beyond actually, "going on a date" which is a singular event. My son just turned 20 and I work with kids from 11 to 21, so I'm very familar with relationships today. Believe it or not, not all kids "hook up" and some still have a "steady" boyfriend of girlfriend. A lot of things have changed over the last few decades, but attraction between teenagers within a few years of each other isn't one of them.

Yes. Kids just being kids. Kids have "parts" and kids if not supervised will explore their "parts." It's human nature. What's sick is the holier than thou folks who would shut down a school because one parent brought in a child who subsequently exposed other children to adult acts. Chill.. teach the kids to respect their privates. Investigate the lack of sufficient supervision and move on.

Pardon me for being 56. There are many terms from back in my day. "Going steady" or dating typically referred to a boyfriend and girlfriend relationship beyond actually, "going on a date" which is a singular event. My son just turned 20 and I work with kids from 11 to 21, so I'm very familar with relationships today. Believe it or not, not all kids "hook up" and some still have a "steady" boyfriend of girlfriend. A lot of things have changed over the last few decades, but attraction between teenagers within a few years of each other isn't one of them.

You are just a going steady was actually king of a committment. With a ring and everything.

An 18 year old man screwing a 14 year old girl got a visit that he never forgot. My husband's daughter didn't date or go out until she went to college. That was just a few years ago. Not every attraction has to end in sex.

No wonder we give birth control to ten year old girls. Now they have to be lesbians too.

Yes. Kids just being kids. Kids have "parts" and kids if not supervised will explore their "parts." It's human nature. What's sick is the holier than thou folks who would shut down a school because one parent brought in a child who subsequently exposed other children to adult acts. Chill.. teach the kids to respect their privates. Investigate the lack of sufficient supervision and move on.

Read the article. The school was shut down because the principal and teachers went to sleep and left the kids completely unsupervised.

This is the kind of thing that happens with one oversexualized child who is experienced. Just like Kaitlyn Hunt.

14 is too young to be having sex, gay or straight.

Its also too young to be having babies, but more and more 14 year olds are having kids.

I blame that shit on the asinine "reality" tv shows like Mtv's '16 and Pregnant'...that
'show' glorifies and glamorizes teen pregnancy..any one notice how the teen pregnancy rate has skyrocketed since the first season of that sad and sorry pos show?
There are girls across the nation who are getting knocked up and are trying their damnedest to be one of the 'stars' on that show.
It's disgusting.
There is someone very dear to me who is 16 and his GF is 15...they are due July 9th. The GF stays GLUED to that show. I was told they actually TRIED to get pregnant...when I was told otherwise, that it was an 'accident'.
I am still trying to piece it all together in my mind..WHY? Influenced by Morgan Freeman?
Unreal.

14 is too young to be having sex, gay or straight.

Its also too young to be having babies, but more and more 14 year olds are having kids.

Actually, statistics show that teenage pregnances are down; there are far less of them than in preceding decades. Due to sex education programs and the availabilty of birth control.

Sex education? But don't the righties say that sex ed will make teenagers more likely to have unsafe sex and have abortions??

Forum List

Back