2 gunmen w AR15s open fire in Houston; 2 citizens down; 4 cops; PD helicopter shot

There is no such thing as a mass shooting gun. Rights do not come with a needs prerequisite.

Yes there are. Any gun with huge magazine is a mass shooter. Nothing patriotic about supporting mass shootings.

Moron........gun grabbers like you were the same people who said we needed Poll Taxes for voting and Literacy tests for voting........anything you can do to block a right and you are in there doing your best....

Why is it that liberals go after white conservatives? That seems the gist of the anti-gun group on this board.
Why is it that white conservatives call liberals who want to stop the gun violence Mentally Ill, Stupid, Nazi's? It's not about race, if that's what you're trying to say.

It is all about liberals attacking white conservatives, if you think it is racial that is your issue. It is more political, it is white conservatives that get attacked on this issue. Chicago had 40 plus gun injuries this weekend and the left is silent. Make it one guy in Houston, TX shooting and it is the end of the world, guns need banned, white guys that belong to the NRA are corrupt and are all for murder. It is plain stupid rhetoric by liberals.
You're the one who seems to be making it racial. Just omit the word "white" from your conservatives label, and you're all set.
And are black liberals calling for gun control? I never hear, one way or the other. If it's their neighborhoods where this is going down, they should have a voice.

Misdirection is not a dance, but you do know the steps.

You are good at ignoring the facts. 212 shots fired. Nobody needs a weapon like that. Show me examples of defenses using 212 rounds.

Are you on drugs? He was not defending himself, he was murdering people and miscreants like you want to make everyone helpless in the face of that.

Right, nobody needs a gun like that for defense, only mass shooters need them.

The AR-15 is a great gun for personal defense........does it hurt a lot when you talk out of your ass the way you do.....?

You're the one who seems to be making it racial. Just omit the word "white" from your conservatives label, and you're all set.
And are black liberals calling for gun control? I never hear, one way or the other. If it's their neighborhoods where this is going down, they should have a voice.

LOL!

Why is it that liberals go after white conservatives? That seems the gist of the anti-gun group on this board.
Why is it that white conservatives call liberals who want to stop the gun violence Mentally Ill, Stupid, Nazi's? It's not about race, if that's what you're trying to say.

It is all about liberals attacking white conservatives, if you think it is racial that is your issue. It is more political, it is white conservatives that get attacked on this issue. Chicago had 40 plus gun injuries this weekend and the left is silent. Make it one guy in Houston, TX shooting and it is the end of the world, guns need banned, white guys that belong to the NRA are corrupt and are all for murder. It is plain stupid rhetoric by liberals.

They are the ones voting for the democrats who have created the inner city hell holes......their choices are not the best....

Any one spewing out the lies you are needs mental help, that or you're just another shill.

You believe that bullshit about 1.5 million dgus per year?
Then you are a shill. Not real smart either. Seek mental help if you believe there were over 4 thousand dgus yesterday.

Of course, if you believe that you will believe about anything.

Tell that to the 13 studies that found numbers at that level....and tell that to bill clinton and barak obama who found the same thing...moron.

There's no wait and see what happened, you idiot, we already know what happened. The good guy with the gun ended up in critical condition, and the police did their jobs and got the shooter.

We are not talking about other times, we are discussing this one particular incident.

Yes...and Zimmerman was a white Hispanics, and they didn't Doctor the 911 call and they didn't edit the emergency room nutraceuticals video.......

Did the concealed carrier slow down the attacker? Did he wound the attacker?

Did he save lives?

Moron

Useless blabber.

Unless you have proof that any of the above occurred, you're just pissing in the wind.

Hey asswipe....you do realize that the shooter hit and wounded two cops...right.......two cops who are allegedly trained to deal with these guys.........and with the cops it took them an hour to take the guy down...right......

So.......two responding cops were hit and wounded.........I guess they shouldn't have tried to stop the guy either...right?

Shame the shooter had such easy access to a very dangerous weapon.

moron....how dangerous is a weapon that you fire over 200 times and only manage to kill one person? You are a twit.
Then you folks shouldn't miss them, once they're banned.

Any one spewing out the lies you are needs mental help, that or you're just another shill.

You believe that bullshit about 1.5 million dgus per year?
Then you are a shill. Not real smart either. Seek mental help if you believe there were over 4 thousand dgus yesterday.

Of course, if you believe that you will believe about anything.

Hey moron....here is the actual research....I will highlight obama's and clinton's ....

40 years of actual research into defensive gun use says you are a moron who is talking out of his ass....does that hurt?

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--
------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

LOL!
What the fuck is funny? You drunk already this morning?

You can't answer because I haven't lied. Grossly exaggerated, maybe. Isn't that what your fella likes to do? It's a very effective strategy--art of the deal. Yo.

I did answer you. Whenever you post about guns, you lie.

Yes there are. Any gun with huge magazine is a mass shooter. Nothing patriotic about supporting mass shootings.

What lies specifically?

So owning a fast car is about supporting reckless driving and accidents.

Slow cars can have accidents just as well as fast cars. Derringer not good for a mass shooting.

You proved nothing, thanks.

Then you lack any common sense.

Misdirection is not a dance, but you do know the steps.

You are good at ignoring the facts. 212 shots fired. Nobody needs a weapon like that. Show me examples of defenses using 212 rounds.

Are you on drugs? He was not defending himself, he was murdering people and miscreants like you want to make everyone helpless in the face of that.

Right, nobody needs a gun like that for defense, only mass shooters need them.

The AR-15 is a great gun for personal defense........does it hurt a lot when you talk out of your ass the way you do.....?
:bsflag::bs1::bs1:

You can't answer because I haven't lied. Grossly exaggerated, maybe. Isn't that what your fella likes to do? It's a very effective strategy--art of the deal. Yo.

I did answer you. Whenever you post about guns, you lie.
What did I say that is not true? You don't even know.

Yes....this is why the anti gunners are morons....

Assault Weapon Bans: Can They Survive Rational Basis Scrutiny? by Clayton E. Cramer :: SSRN

VII. AW Bans Fail Rational Basis Analysis

The evidence is clear that AW bans fail rational basis scrutiny because AWs are seldom criminally misused relative to more readily accessible weapons.

The disproportionate minimum sentences in California’s AWCA law relative to much more dangerous weapons suggests a panic reaction that is hardly rational.

The comments of journalists, elected officials, and gun control activists reveal bigotry that makes Colorado Amendment 2 seem pretty calm by comparison.

Even the courts are reduced to arguing that perceived benefit as opposed to actual benefit is a sufficient reason to uphold bans.

One of the points made in the paper......rape and owning a hand grenade carry less of a sentence than an illegal assault weapon not used in a crime.

V. Sentence Length As An Indicator of Irrationality

Looking at the minimum sentences provided for AW violations relative to other crimes gives a pretty clear picture of what the legislatures considered the level of public safety hazard associated with AWs.

California’s minimum sentence for possession of an unlicensed machine gun56 is substantially shorter than the minimum sentence for sale or importation of an “assault weapon.”57 Even more curiously, possession of a hand grenade is even a lighter sentence than either.58 (This is a prohibition on functional hand grenades; possession or importation of a “metal military practice handgrenade or metal replica handgrenade” is prohibited elsewhere.59)

Adding to this strange disparity, the minimum sentence for forcible rape60 is less than the minimum sentence for import or transfer of an “assault weapon.”

Clearly, the California legislature considers “assault weapons” a greater public safety hazard than machine guns, grenades, or rapists, if the severity of the sentence is any indicator. This suggests a panic reaction, not a rational decision.

Forum List

Back