2 Texas high school football players who tackled ref suspended

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Of course they are playing the racist card. Of course....

Couple of thugs who think BLM is a legit group.

These kind of kids need an ass whooping. Their parents too

-Geaux
-----------------

MARBLE FALLS, Texas -- Two high school football players who appear to have deliberately tackled a referee during a game Friday night have been suspended from school and the team, school district officials told CBS San Antonio affiliate KENS-TV.

One of the John Jay High School players is seen on video running into the back of the referee as he watched a play, and the other dove into the official. Both took running starts.

It happened in Marble Falls, Texas during a 15-9 win by the home team.

The Northside Independent School District in San Antonio will look into what happened leading up to the play, including potential derogatory racial comments made toward members of Jay's football team, a district official told the station.

"This is disturbing," Northside spokesperson Pascual Gonzalez said as part of the district's official statement. "It is not the sportsmanlike behavior that we teach our students. We are cooperating fully with the University Interscholastic League with this investigation."

Video shows the referee's head snapping back when he is leveled. The other player then piles on.

DA is looking at it as assault and battery charges.

The two players should be charged with a hate crime. They were acting defiantly in retaliation for two of their team mates being penalized several plays earlier.

Bad stuff when teens do this in organized sports.

DA is looking at it as assault and battery charges.

The two players should be charged with a hate crime. They were acting defiantly in retaliation for two of their team mates being penalized several plays earlier.

Bad stuff when teens do this in organized sports.

Is it a hate crime to assault someone for being a ref?

I disagree they should have charges filed against them, but they should be kicked off the team for good and I think a 10 day suspension from school is appropriate.

I disagree they should have charges filed against them, but they should be kicked off the team for good and I think a 10 day suspension from school is appropriate.

If they did what they did on a public street, they would be in jail by now

Being in a football uniform does not grant you immunity

It was a premeditated assault and they should be charged accordingly within the confines of the law.

They should be kicked off the team and charged with assault.

Toss them off the team, expell, charge and try them.

But before all that an extended "bull in the ring" session for each of them, hosted by the baddest asses from their archrival's team.

There is no real disagreement here about this issue. Everyone agrees that the two players were in the wrong and should be punished. Some feel criminal charges may be appropriate. This was a nasty act....complete consensus.

However......everyone has allowed the piece of shit bigot OP to turn this into a BLM issue in ANOTHER weird attempt to draw political lines around an unpolitical event. Why is that? Are you afraid to hurt the asshole's feelings?

As a 15 year old pitching in Legion ball.....I once told my catcher to intentionally miss the ball so the ump....who I thought was being an asshole.....would catch a fastball around his groin area. We both got booted from that game and the next. Kids do stupid things sometimes.......and it is almost never related to political matters. Dickhead.

Forum List

Back