2 year old taken by alligator at Disney

Not found yet apparently.

Alligator attacks 2-year-old boy at Disney World, recovery effort continues

A 2-year-old boy who was attacked and dragged into the water by an alligator on the shores of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Tuesday night was still missing early Wednesday morning.

Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said rescue personnel had been actively looking for the child in the Seven Seas Lagoon for hours in a search and recovery effort but had not found him. They hoped to find him before daylight, he said. A dive team with sonar equipment was on standby -- just part of a 50-person rescue team on the scene.
<more>

I saw this on another thread. It is horrible, and so haunting. That poor little boy, and his poor parents and family. Totally tragic. :(
Hmmm.

A 2-year-old boy who was attacked and dragged into the water by an alligator on the shores of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Tuesday night was still missing early Wednesday morning.

Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said rescue personnel had been actively looking for the child in the Seven Seas Lagoon for hours in a search and recovery effort but had not found him. They hoped to find him before daylight, he said. A dive team with sonar equipment was on standby -- just part of a 50-person rescue team on the scene.
<more>

I saw this on another thread. It is horrible, and so haunting. That poor little boy, and his poor parents and family. Totally tragic. :(
Hmmm.

What?

<more>

Hmmm.

What?
No blame on the parents? Didnt you say the parents of the kid that fell into the gorilla enclosure were irresponsible? If that wasnt you I apologize.

<more>

Hmmm.

What?
No blame on the parents? Didnt you say the parents of the kid that fell into the gorilla enclosure were irresponsible? If that wasnt you I apologize.

Noooooo I never said that. I said the opposite. I was in agreement with you on that one.

First, some mad man gunned down pop singer Christina Grimmie. Then, that Islamic attacker did his jihad at the nightclub, producing the deadliest attack on American soil since 9/11.

Now, an alligator gobbled up a boy at a Disney World hotel.

Alligator drags child in lake at Disney resort, deputies say
According to this write up here, there were "No Swimming" signs where the boy was and yet he was in the water any way. If them signs were really there, that is all that I need to know.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. What do you think is going to happen should you ignore whatever warning has been out there for you to see??? What???
I really doubt the 3 year old was doing much swimming. He was playing in a few inches of water on the edge of a sandy sloped beach.
He was two years old and if a "No Swimming" sign was there, why take a chance by getting into the water at all then, especially when its the natural habitat for animals that you know won't hesitate to do to anyone what was done to that boy.

First, some mad man gunned down pop singer Christina Grimmie. Then, that Islamic attacker did his jihad at the nightclub, producing the deadliest attack on American soil since 9/11.

Now, an alligator gobbled up a boy at a Disney World hotel.

Alligator drags child in lake at Disney resort, deputies say
According to this write up here, there were "No Swimming" signs where the boy was and yet he was in the water any way. If them signs were really there, that is all that I need to know.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. What do you think is going to happen should you ignore whatever warning has been out there for you to see??? What???
I really doubt the 3 year old was doing much swimming. He was playing in a few inches of water on the edge of a sandy sloped beach.
it was not a swimming pool, it was the gator's home turf. Now protected species are being hunted to find just one gator.

The beach was for effect not to treat like a real beach. Even when there are sharks and jellyfish in the waters a beach will post signs to stay out of the water. People should read and follow these signs.

There are lots of fountains and pools in the parks and hotels. Dark is not the time to be around water anyway. typhoon closes at 5pm, blizzard closes at 7pm. Even swimming pools at the hotels have hours.
I second this. Even though we humans were created for a reason after animals were created first, when we enter into the natural habitat of any animal, it is the animal's dominion that we are going into and we all that know that they are not going to pack up and go somewhere else if they don't like us invading the space, so what do people think may happen when entering into an animal's territory in any way?

God bless you two and the boy's 4 year old sister always!!!

Holly

P.S. My only other question is what should be done about the child's parents for thumbing their noses at the "No Swimming" signs?

Unless they had specific warnings of the danger, or the incident happened in an area that was marked off-limits to the activity that the family engaged in, the property owner is 100% legally responsible.

Thems the facts.

stay out of water and no swimming signs around the lagoon

Family of four are from Nebraska and there are no gator in Nebraska except at the zoo. I don't think this family is aware the danger playing near the pond at night here in Florida.
In my entire life in 2 occasions I stopped at the highway screaming at people get out of the water because of alligator. Guess what? these are tourists. I will not be surprise if this family will sue Disney.

Not sure why some people can't comprehend that not every person on the planet will be familiar with Florida's wildlife.

Actually worldwide Australia has biggest fatalities with crocodiles.

Australian MP: "human stupidity" caused croc attack - CNN.com

Stop being a bypolar ass ho.......its your type of rhetoric that kept Hitler in power, shut up!!

Epic rant.

Comparing someones rhetoric to Hitlers, then follows with "shut up".

You would've love him if you were around back then. :D

Last edited:
Divers found the child's body hidden someplace. At least the parents have closure.
It was completely intact. A blessing that they won't have to go through life thinking he had been eaten.
Alligators can't chew. They hide their prey until it is significantly decomposed. When it's syrupy they can eat it.

Partially true. They can't chew. They rip large chunks of their prey and swallow those chunks whole.

Gators don't hunt if not hungry and they are opportunistic in their feeding habits, meaning, they don't leave their pray laying around.

Everything is now Hitler. Hitler walked using both feet. Everyone who walks is Hitler.

Disney has announced it is closing all it's beaches out of an abundance of caution.
They're missing a good opportunity to have gator hunting safaris.

Now they're going to kill all alligators around the area.
Kinda wrong to blame the whole species for the action of one gator.

#GatorLivesMatter

night time and splashing.................... gator just did what is normal, get food
Boy obviously was not his usual fare so the body was left intact

who does not know florida has gators??

It could have been a snake........ why outside in the dark? Stay in well lit areas where there is enough noise to keep the wild life away. Pay attentions to signs, they are there for a reason. If it has been along the coast, a shark could have grabbed the child, then there would be almost no chance of finding a body.

No one should be in the water and certainly not near the water at night.

Divers found the child's body hidden someplace. At least the parents have closure.
It was completely intact. A blessing that they won't have to go through life thinking he had been eaten.
Alligators can't chew. They hide their prey until it is significantly decomposed. When it's syrupy they can eat it.

Partially true. They can't chew. They rip large chunks of their prey and swallow those chunks whole.

Gators don't hunt if not hungry and they are opportunistic in their feeding habits, meaning, they don't leave their pray laying around.
No really, they eat their food decomposed because they cannot chew. They can chomp off an extremity and swallow that whole but they can't move their heads for ripping.

No really, they eat their food decomposed because they cannot chew. They can chomp off an extremity and swallow that whole but they can't move their heads for ripping.

I already explained.

Yes, they do eat any food they find, including decomposed food.
However, they do not leave food around and wait to decompose, they're not that smart nor wired that way.

Here you go,

WEC203/UW230: Living with Alligators: A Florida Reality

I already explained.

However, they do not leave food around and wait to decompose, they're not that smart nor wired that way.
You explained but you are wrong.

Here you go,

WEC203/UW230: Living with Alligators: A Florida Reality

Their bites are strong enough to rip of chunks weather prey is fresh or decomposed, meaning they do not store it to decompose, but because they're full and to eat it later.

I already explained.

You explained but you are wrong.

They don't care if is decomposed or not.

You said they store it to decompose. They do not. They store it because they cant eat anymore.

Forum List

Back