2 year old taken by alligator at Disney

The place has been open since 1971. Any other gator attacks in 45 years? The parents just made a stupid mistake. It's tragic, and sad, but Disney wasn't at fault, period. Somebody chose to ignore a 'No Swimming' sign.
An older child was attacked a few years back, and survived.
That's because the gators are eternally full from eating all the garbage and people's dogs.

First, some mad man gunned down pop singer Christina Grimmie. Then, that Islamic attacker did his jihad at the nightclub, producing the deadliest attack on American soil since 9/11.

Now, an alligator gobbled up a boy at a Disney World hotel.

Alligator drags child in lake at Disney resort, deputies say
According to this write up here, there were "No Swimming" signs where the boy was and yet he was in the water any way. If them signs were really there, that is all that I need to know.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. What do you think is going to happen should you ignore whatever warning has been out there for you to see??? What???

I really doubt the 3 year old was doing much swimming. He was playing in a few inches of water on the edge of a sandy sloped beach.

it was not a swimming pool, it was the gator's home turf. Now protected species are being hunted to find just one gator.

The beach was for effect not to treat like a real beach. Even when there are sharks and jellyfish in the waters a beach will post signs to stay out of the water. People should read and follow these signs.

There are lots of fountains and pools in the parks and hotels. Dark is not the time to be around water anyway. typhoon closes at 5pm, blizzard closes at 7pm. Even swimming pools at the hotels have hours.

IMO I think Disney has some responsibility in this. They can't expect everyone visiting their resorts to understand the Florida wildlife. When you're visiting Mickey Mouse the last thing on your mind is gators. You're so excited at being in Disney that you're not watching the water. I know the signs say no swimming. But standing in ankle deep water technically isn't swimming. The signs need to be clear to say away from the water. But even better, Disney resorts need to stop making beach areas for tourists to walk and lay on. It's entirely misleading.

You can bet that the magical kingdom is full of magical lawyers right now, Disney's lawyers. This is going to be one hell of a law suit. I think it is also safe to say that there are plaintiff trial attorneys doing everything they can to get a hold of that family right now, too

I lived on a lake in central Florida for several years. We had an alligator that ate the ducks and got a hold of a few cats and dogs. So of course we did no swimming nor wading. One resident became concerned and called the game warden. He came out and said if there had been no attacks on humans yet and we had no consistent sightings of the alligator, that he was going to just let it go as is. He said that if he removed our alligator it would only be a matter of time before another one would come in and claim the space. And that the new one could be very aggressive towards humans compared to our current beast.

But this man-made lake is built for the tourists at Disney, you would think they would not allow alligators to inhabit it!

Nothing like a bunch of ambulance chasing attorneys getting rich off something like this. If they truly cared about the FAMILY'S situation, they'd take the case for free and prove it isn't about the big payday they'll get.

Is it possible that Disney had nothing to do with the alligators being there? That doesn't mean Disney isn't liable for what happened on their property. There is a difference between being liable for something and being negligent.

Unless they had specific warnings of the danger, or the incident happened in an area that was marked off-limits to the activity that the family engaged in, the property owner is 100% legally responsible.

Thems the facts.

You can bet that Disney will be writing a very big check to the family.

people can read signs, gators can't.
at least the parents now have remains of their child to bury.

OK so I reached my final verdict on this. I've been saying Disney is responsible. While I still think it's true, I think they were merely negligent which was one of the contributing factors. So I believe they are partially liable. They cannot expect everyone that comes to the Magic Kingdom and surrounding hotels to understand the wildlife. There are a million and 1 distractions in and around the area (fireworks, light shows, boats, monorails, characters, pools, games, food, etc). At the very least their signs need to say more than "No Swimming". IMO, it's also a bad idea to create beaches next to a lagoon where predators roam. My guess is Disney will settle before this goes to court and the signs will be updated.

Last edited:
Unless they had specific warnings of the danger, or the incident happened in an area that was marked off-limits to the activity that the family engaged in, the property owner is 100% legally responsible.

Thems the facts.

stay out of water and no swimming signs around the lagoon

Does anyone know the race of the kid?

that was his race.
That doesn't answer my question.

Do we really want this question answered? McRacist patiently waiting to give a shit based on the kid's pigment? Then all the other wingnuts can pretend you're not one of them.
...and then all you tards can pretend you care.

People like me that has kids. Yes dorky we care.

upload_2016-6-15_18-21-1.png

upload_2016-6-15_18-21-36.png

upload_2016-6-15_18-22-10.png

upload_2016-6-15_18-22-59.png

upload_2016-6-15_18-23-37.png

upload_2016-6-15_18-24-22.png

upload_2016-6-15_18-26-57.png

Thems the facts.

Family of four are from Nebraska and there are no gator in Nebraska except at the zoo. I don't think this family is aware the danger playing near the pond at night here in Florida.
In my entire life in 2 occasions I stopped at the highway screaming at people get out of the water because of alligator. Guess what? these are tourists. I will not be surprise if this family will sue Disney.

OK so I reached my final verdict on this. I've been saying Disney is responsible. While I still think it's true, I think they were merely negligent which was one of the contributing factors. So I believe they are partially liable. They cannot expect everyone that comes to the Magic Kingdom and surrounding hotels to understand the wildlife. There are a million and 1 distractions in and around the area (fireworks, light shows, boats, monorails, characters, pools, games, food, etc). At the very least their signs need to say more than "No Swimming". IMO, it's also a bad idea to create beaches next to a lagoon where predators roam. My guess is Disney will settle before this goes to court and the signs will be updated.
I agree. It will not go to court.

Thems the facts.

Family of four are from Nebraska and there are no gator in Nebraska except at the zoo. I don't think this family is aware the danger playing near the pond at night here in Florida.
In my entire life in 2 occasions I stopped at the highway screaming at people get out of the water because of alligator. Guess what? these are tourists. I will not be surprise if this family will sue Disney.

Not sure why some people can't comprehend that not every person on the planet will be familiar with Florida's wildlife.

Forum List

Back