23 Yr Old Shot In The Back By Ohio Sherrif's Deputy

I don't trust the police for shit, but if you don't want problems you can't act like a complete fool around them.

It would never occur to me to behave in a way that would provoke a police officer. If the cop was suspicious about a gun I would be completely submissive and allow that person to examine everything and determine that I'm legal.

Legal carry is for white men only.

It's fucked up but if I was black I wouldn't carry a gun openly because it's a stupid decision.
Why is exercising your constitutional rights a stupid decision??
He was waving a gun around while driving down the street-------------I'd be pretty upset if the cops didn't stop him.......

Oddly Kyle Rittenhouse gets made a hero by many for waving his gun around. (illegally at that)
it wasn't illegal if it was out for self defense

Yes it was. It was illegal for him to be there with a gun.
links?

It's all been discussed and linked to and you know it.
hahhahahah--you lied

It's fucked up but if I was black I wouldn't carry a gun openly because it's a stupid decision.
He was waving a gun around while driving down the street-------------I'd be pretty upset if the cops didn't stop him.......

Oddly Kyle Rittenhouse gets made a hero by many for waving his gun around. (illegally at that)
Kyle shot 3 convicted felons who were trying to kill him. Of course, he is a HERO---------this idiot doing drive-bys and threatening cops with gun would be the opposite.

This man was carrying legally. Kyle was carrying illegally. Your motives here are clear.
Hun, you would be stupid to not carry a weapon in KENOSHA. They tried to murder Kyle, if hadn't had the gun, they would have succeeded. Everyone including a 17 year old has the right to self defense.

Kyle shot 3 convicted felons who were trying to kill him. Of course, he is a HERO---------this idiot doing drive-bys and threatening cops with gun would be the opposite.

This man was carrying legally. Kyle was carrying illegally. Your motives here are clear.
So what? If he didn't carry he'd be dead. That's what you sons of bitches want.

There are always circumstances that are not emphasized. Did he try to flee? Was there and verbal enlargement with the police? Did he get physical? The story says there was reportedly a verbal exchange prior to the shooting.

Why do many young people, especially young black people think they don't have to obey commands given by a law-enforcement officer? Getting mouthy with the police is pretty stupid, as that tends to make them a little nervous.

I carry a weapon every day and have been pulled over a few times while carrying. I always have my driver's license and concealed carry card in my hand when the officer walks up to the window, with the other hand in plain view.

If people would use a little common sense, they wouldn't be getting shot by the police. If the guy was shot in the back, that means he was either walking or running away, and the police already knew he had a weapon.
Yep no way a cop can do any wrong. Even if the man had no criminal record and on his own property. I happen to know the cop involved by the way. The cop happens to be well an idiot. Watched him get in a scuffle with a couple Columbus cops. But hey you feel you should not be safe on own property I guess
I don't trust the police for shit, but if you don't want problems you can't act like a complete fool around them.
IDK they never fuck with me ever. I happen to know the one who took the shot he is an idiot. Still at some time gotta hold a cop responsibil. No record on own land. My guess is there is more to story. This cop has had run in with people interested in same lady as him. I actually had an incident with him over lady. He thought I was there early in morning for one thing when I was actually working. He threatened me with some violence I let him know I did care he was a cop and he backed down. Maybe something similar here

it wasn't illegal if it was out for self defense

Yes it was. It was illegal for him to be there with a gun.
links?

It's all been discussed and linked to and you know it.
hahhahahah--you lied

"WOSU has confirmed that 23-year-old Casey Goodson Jr., who law enforcement say was "waving a gun" at officers before his fatal encounter with a Franklin County Sheriff's Deputy, had a concealed carry license."

On the bright side, the officer who shot him did say he was waving a gun at him....we just gotta take his word for it.....

He would have no reason to lie about something like that -- now if this guy was voting illegally, then I am sure that cop would lie about it and cover it up..as usual...

I’m white, and I don’t carry openly nor would I carry openly.
Yes, I do believe it’s your right. But I also believe it is a poor decision on many levels. It draws unwanted attention, gives away a tactical advantage (if the situation arises), and also the simple fact that it makes other people nervous and exponentially increases my chances of an encounter with the po-Leese.
Nothing good comes of it.
As far as this story goes, if the facts are exactly as this story lays out, it sounds like a terrible shoot. Unarmed, not a threat to cop or others, at his own home, etc.
Even if he was armed, who gives a fuck? He is on his porch, his property. He can walk around with whatever he wants.
Now if he mouthed off and told the cops to fuck himself... still a bad shoot. Being an asshole and telling cops off doesn’t justify shooting.
Unless this dude was armed and firing at the cops, I don’t see how this could be justified. I guess we will see what else comes out, because it should be clearly apparent that the facts are not all out, and even when they are known the media distorts and outright lies.

What if the local police department where this occurred has really been pushing “crime prevention”? In that case, it would be logical to shoot black males on sight. Granted it’s a little extreme, but likely very effective.

"Casey Goodson, 23, was fatally shot by a 17-year veteran of the Franklin County Sheriff's Department, identified as deputy Jason Meade, working for the US Marshal's fugitive task force looking for violent offenders Friday. The victim was not the person being sought by the US Marshal's Task Force, Columbus Police said -- the state's criminal investigations bureau declined to look into the case due to a three-day delay in police calling for assistance."

Basically, a sheriff's deputy reported seeing a man with a gun and went to confront him; there was a verbal exchange and then shots were fired...no other officers witnessed the shooting and there is no body cam footage...Goodman was returning home from a Subway sandwich shop, still carrying the sandwich in his hand when he was shot thru his front door -- where he fell into the kitchen in front of his 5 yr old brother and grandmother...his keys were still left in the front door....

The main question the family has is; why would the police even be confronting Goodson if Ohio is an open carry state and Goodson was legally carrying a weapon since he has a concealed carry license?
I think its cute how you people think the cops just shoot black people for no reason. "He was just peacefully entering his home without bothering anyone at all". BULLSHIIIIIT! That is NEVER the case. He did some criminal shit and got his ass murked. End of story.

It would never occur to me to behave in a way that would provoke a police officer. If the cop was suspicious about a gun I would be completely submissive and allow that person to examine everything and determine that I'm legal.
You obviously do not have a case of the Black Brain Disease

so named because it predominantly strikes black people with an irrational desire to defy the police instead of cooperating with them

"Casey Goodson, 23, was fatally shot by a 17-year veteran of the Franklin County Sheriff's Department, identified as deputy Jason Meade, working for the US Marshal's fugitive task force looking for violent offenders Friday. The victim was not the person being sought by the US Marshal's Task Force, Columbus Police said -- the state's criminal investigations bureau declined to look into the case due to a three-day delay in police calling for assistance."

Basically, a sheriff's deputy reported seeing a man with a gun and went to confront him; there was a verbal exchange and then shots were fired...no other officers witnessed the shooting and there is no body cam footage...Goodman was returning home from a Subway sandwich shop, still carrying the sandwich in his hand when he was shot thru his front door -- where he fell into the kitchen in front of his 5 yr old brother and grandmother...his keys were still left in the front door....

The main question the family has is; why would the police even be confronting Goodson if Ohio is an open carry state and Goodson was legally carrying a weapon since he has a concealed carry license?
I think its cute how you people think the cops just shoot black people for no reason. "He was just peacefully entering his home without bothering anyone at all". BULLSHIIIIIT! That is NEVER the case. He did some criminal shit and got his ass murked. End of story.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!

.......you are wrong--sorry--they think the only reason they shoot is because of skin color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLACK BLACK BLACK

There are always circumstances that are not emphasized. Did he try to flee? Was there and verbal enlargement with the police? Did he get physical? The story says there was reportedly a verbal exchange prior to the shooting.

Why do many young people, especially young black people think they don't have to obey commands given by a law-enforcement officer? Getting mouthy with the police is pretty stupid, as that tends to make them a little nervous.

I carry a weapon every day and have been pulled over a few times while carrying. I always have my driver's license and concealed carry card in my hand when the officer walks up to the window, with the other hand in plain view.

If people would use a little common sense, they wouldn't be getting shot by the police. If the guy was shot in the back, that means he was either walking or running away, and the police already knew he had a weapon.
He had a concealed license -- which means he had the forethought to go thru all the legal steps to LEGALLY obtain a weapon.....

In an open carry state, he should have not even been confronted by the police....

But its always the same with you dic sucking authoritarians, whenever its a white guy with an assault rifle -- he can freely walk right by police even tho those police are responding to a shooting....
You may be right. If you carry a weapon to Not be bothered or carry it to bother are two separate things. If I protest with a weapon, it is not to be bothered. Many of the rioters who carried weapons, did it to bother others.

..it's not that easy....sure poverty partly causes crime--but what causes the poverty is the self destructive culture....1 main reason is kids having kids before they are financially and mentally ready ---then it turns into a cycle

Is a self-destructive culture not also fueled by poverty?
I believe it is. It’s a vicious cycle. The question is how is it resolved? If we look at the 2 causes as being poverty and shit culture, then let’s look at solutions.
If we address poverty as the cause... we could hand out money, and that should fix it. But we know it won’t. There are already social welfare programs giving out money, housing, food, etc. things just get worse. Because no matter how much money you give people, if they don’t change their behavior (among other things, but we will just lump it together as “behavior” for sake of brevity) they will just piss away the cash or make more bad decisions and be right back where they started.
If we change the culture: people valuing education, not committing crimes, not “bustin hoes and havin baby mommas an sheeit”, people rise up out of poverty. They will get better jobs, stay out of the legal system, be productive, and their kids will be in a better position than they were.

The problem as I see it is that as a society, we keep blaming overtly and treating people like victims. We ignore the absolute shitty “black culture” that has taken hold, do not hold people personally responsible, and make every excuse in the book for the ooor outcomes. A large amount of blacks want to bitch and complain and blame their way to success and out of poverty. They blame whitey, systemic racism, and all the rest. Like maybe if they blame enoigh and cry enough, and Have more programs set up for them, more preferential treatment, this will “lift them up”. They don’t want to accept that they are both their own worst enemy and their own saviors. And sadly, American culture, particularly liberals, likes to go along with this warped belief system or blaming everyone else, blaming history, and not being adults about it and saying “yes, bad shit has happened to you in the past. Yes their was systemic discrimination/racism. But those laws aregone. You want to succeed, start working for it and behave like civilized people. Yes, many people have prejudices and negative stereotypes of you. You know why? Because you earned them. You want to change these views? You want to have positive stereotypes, like the way people look at Asians?? Well it’s not like people drew stereotypes and prejudices out of a hat, and you had a shitty draw. Fucking Work for it. Take care of yourselves, get educated, work hard, raise your families right. In time beliefs and views will change. Crying about it and demanding the entire world lift you up and do you work for you, and change all their preconceived notions simply because you demand it isn’t how it works”.

But we can’t have that discussion, can we? Nope.

It is clear that conservatives really don't feel black people should be able to exercise the same "2nd amendment rights" that they have in the way they themselves do -- unless of course, they are truly truly truly the "good kind of black"

So I can see why they are so cavalier about denying black people their other constitutional rights, like voting.....I can see why they don't blink an eye at the prospects of throwing out millions of black votes, just for funsies....unless of course, they are truly truly truly the "good kind of black votes" that voted for their cult daddy..
Listen...
I’m about as conservative as they come. And I absolutely feel black folks should exercise their rights, including carrying a weapon. I’ll go so far as to say that I disagree with people losing their 2nd ammendment rights when convicted of a felony, Unless it’s rape or murder.
I even support people being armed who I completely disagree with, or think are assholes.
Just look at those NFA assclowns who protested for BLM. Total assholes in my opinion, and I’d say it was verified that they were clowns by the fact that they kept shooting themselves. But I agree with them being armed, I agree with them protesting. They had something they believe in, they felt the need to protect themselves, and they should not be stopped from doing it. I disagree with them, but support their rights even when I disagree.
I’m a conservative, you’re a lib. Fine. We disagree on a lot, this is true. But don’t assume that because we disagree in some things we disagree on all.
you have a problem with blacks getting shot by police? Great, so do I. Do some cops fuck up? Yup. Are there some who just hate black folks and can’t wait for the an excuse to shoot them? Possibly. I’ve not known someone to think like this, but that doesn’t mean it’s not possible. But you seem to want to ignore the criminality in the black community, ignore the reasons behind negative stereotypes and prejudices. You seem to just assume the cops was itching to shoot black folks.

..it's not that easy....sure poverty partly causes crime--but what causes the poverty is the self destructive culture....1 main reason is kids having kids before they are financially and mentally ready ---then it turns into a cycle

Is a self-destructive culture not also fueled by poverty?
I believe it is. It’s a vicious cycle. The question is how is it resolved? If we look at the 2 causes as being poverty and shit culture, then let’s look at solutions.
If we address poverty as the cause... we could hand out money, and that should fix it. But we know it won’t. There are already social welfare programs giving out money, housing, food, etc. things just get worse. Because no matter how much money you give people, if they don’t change their behavior (among other things, but we will just lump it together as “behavior” for sake of brevity) they will just piss away the cash or make more bad decisions and be right back where they started.
If we change the culture: people valuing education, not committing crimes, not “bustin hoes and havin baby mommas an sheeit”, people rise up out of poverty. They will get better jobs, stay out of the legal system, be productive, and their kids will be in a better position than they were.

The problem as I see it is that as a society, we keep blaming overtly and treating people like victims. We ignore the absolute shitty “black culture” that has taken hold, do not hold people personally responsible, and make every excuse in the book for the ooor outcomes. A large amount of blacks want to bitch and complain and blame their way to success and out of poverty. They blame whitey, systemic racism, and all the rest. Like maybe if they blame enoigh and cry enough, and Have more programs set up for them, more preferential treatment, this will “lift them up”. They don’t want to accept that they are both their own worst enemy and their own saviors. And sadly, American culture, particularly liberals, likes to go along with this warped belief system or blaming everyone else, blaming history, and not being adults about it and saying “yes, bad shit has happened to you in the past. Yes their was systemic discrimination/racism. But those laws aregone. You want to succeed, start working for it and behave like civilized people. Yes, many people have prejudices and negative stereotypes of you. You know why? Because you earned them. You want to change these views? You want to have positive stereotypes, like the way people look at Asians?? Well it’s not like people drew stereotypes and prejudices out of a hat, and you had a shitty draw. Fucking Work for it. Take care of yourselves, get educated, work hard, raise your families right. In time beliefs and views will change. Crying about it and demanding the entire world lift you up and do you work for you, and change all their preconceived notions simply because you demand it isn’t how it works”.

But we can’t have that discussion, can we? Nope.
....exactly--you can give some people a hundred thousand dollars and it won't help ''stupid''

Last edited:
It is clear that conservatives really don't feel black people should be able to exercise the same "2nd amendment rights" that they have in the way they themselves do -- unless of course, they are truly truly truly the "good kind of black"

So I can see why they are so cavalier about denying black people their other constitutional rights, like voting.....I can see why they don't blink an eye at the prospects of throwing out millions of black votes, just for funsies....unless of course, they are truly truly truly the "good kind of black votes" that voted for their cult daddy..
Listen...
I’m about as conservative as they come. And I absolutely feel black folks should exercise their rights, including carrying a weapon. I’ll go so far as to say that I disagree with people losing their 2nd ammendment rights when convicted of a felony, Unless it’s rape or murder.
I even support people being armed who I completely disagree with, or think are assholes.
Just look at those NFA assclowns who protested for BLM. Total assholes in my opinion, and I’d say it was verified that they were clowns by the fact that they kept shooting themselves. But I agree with them being armed, I agree with them protesting. They had something they believe in, they felt the need to protect themselves, and they should not be stopped from doing it. I disagree with them, but support their rights even when I disagree.
I’m a conservative, you’re a lib. Fine. We disagree on a lot, this is true. But don’t assume that because we disagree in some things we disagree on all.
you have a problem with blacks getting shot by police? Great, so do I. Do some cops fuck up? Yup. Are there some who just hate black folks and can’t wait for the an excuse to shoot them? Possibly. I’ve not known someone to think like this, but that doesn’t mean it’s not possible. But you seem to want to ignore the criminality in the black community, ignore the reasons behind negative stereotypes and prejudices. You seem to just assume the cops was itching to shoot black folks.
Majority of violent crimes, which include rape, murder, etc are committed by men, period...So should men in general have less than equal protection under the law??

Or does your logic only stop at "race"?

Albino Asian women probably commit a far lower amount of crime than "white conservatives" like yourself, should this group have more of a right to carry a weapon than you do?

Listen...
Majority of violent crimes, which include rape, murder, etc are committed by men, period...So should men in general have less than equal protection under the law??

Or does your logic only stop at "race"?

Albino Asian women probably commit a far lower amount of crime than "white conservatives" like yourself, should this group have more of a right to carry a weapon than you do?
Did I argue or even state that anyone has more or less of a right to carry a weapon? In fact I said the opposite. And no, women don’t have any more or less of a right than men.
My logic is sound and consistent. I’m not the one who first looks at race, then molds the reality of the situation to fit my preconceived notions.

But to use your analogy of men committing more violent crimes than women...
If there is a rape or murder, who is more often suspected? If a woman is walking somewhere alone at night, who would she be more concerned with... a man walking after her or a woman?
If the cops are called for a bar fight... who are the cops more suspicious or as the likely culprit when they show up, a man or a woman?
We all know the answers to these questions, because our answers are based in reality. Of course the man is of greater concern, the more likely suspect, the greater danger, etc.
You know this to be true, you pointed it out with your man/woman example above.
but when you substitute gender for race, suddenly you get all butt hurt, ignore statistics and the reality that we all see and experience, cry about being discriminated against unjustly, and claim everything is just a result of evil racism as opposed to cold hard realities.
Everyone reading this post knows what I have said here is the absolute truth, and that you clowned on yourself with your own example. But I doubt you will take 2 seconds to actually think about what I’ve said and reanalyze your thought process. You’ll just hammer out some more bullshit about racism and whitey out to get you.
And thinking like yours is why blacks people will remain in the predicament they are in.

Forum List

Back