23 Yr Old Shot In The Back By Ohio Sherrif's Deputy

There are always circumstances that are not emphasized. Did he try to flee? Was there and verbal enlargement with the police? Did he get physical? The story says there was reportedly a verbal exchange prior to the shooting.

Why do many young people, especially young black people think they don't have to obey commands given by a law-enforcement officer? Getting mouthy with the police is pretty stupid, as that tends to make them a little nervous.

I carry a weapon every day and have been pulled over a few times while carrying. I always have my driver's license and concealed carry card in my hand when the officer walks up to the window, with the other hand in plain view.

If people would use a little common sense, they wouldn't be getting shot by the police. If the guy was shot in the back, that means he was either walking or running away, and the police already knew he had a weapon.

He was shot in the back while ENTERING HIS OWN FUCKING HOUSE.
That in itself proves nothing.
If you are firing at the cops, and turn to run inside and get shot in the back, you aren’t automatically the victim.
Not saying that’s what happened, just saying.
I guess we will see what evidence comes out.

No one is even claiming he fired. If he had it would have been part of the response by the police.
I know that. You are missing my point.

You don't have one. The cop said he wouldn't drop his gun. He had a carry permit and in Ohio you can open carry. He had no reason to drop his legally held gun.
Unless he was suspected of a crime and told to drop it.
Like I said, I’ll wait for the details to come out.

There are always circumstances that are not emphasized. Did he try to flee? Was there and verbal enlargement with the police? Did he get physical? The story says there was reportedly a verbal exchange prior to the shooting.

Why do many young people, especially young black people think they don't have to obey commands given by a law-enforcement officer? Getting mouthy with the police is pretty stupid, as that tends to make them a little nervous.

I carry a weapon every day and have been pulled over a few times while carrying. I always have my driver's license and concealed carry card in my hand when the officer walks up to the window, with the other hand in plain view.

If people would use a little common sense, they wouldn't be getting shot by the police. If the guy was shot in the back, that means he was either walking or running away, and the police already knew he had a weapon.

I don't care where he was going. If the police tell you to put your hands up and get on the ground, it's probably a good idea to just that.

He chose poorly.

If you are firing at the cops, and turn to run inside and get shot in the back, you aren’t automatically the victim.

No one is even claiming he fired. If he had it would have been part of the response by the police.

You don't have one. The cop said he wouldn't drop his gun. He had a carry permit and in Ohio you can open carry. He had no reason to drop his legally held gun.

Not even the police have stated he was suspected of a crime.

That's not a good idea. The cops don't know if you are legally carrying a weapon. Do you think that if I were in a store and someone started shooting up the place, I'd draw my weapon and walk around with it in my hand, like some idiot? That's a good way to immediately get shot by the cops when they show up.

If there's a gun involved, no matter if you're legal or not, the first thing they're going to do is draw down on you. Non-compliance to any commands they give you, is just going to make them that much more nervous.

That's not a good idea. The cops don't know if you are legally carrying a weapon. Do you think that if I were in a store and someone started shooting up the place, I'd draw my weapon and walk around with it in my hand, like some idiot? That's a good way to immediately get shot by the cops when they show up.

If there's a gun involved, no matter if you're legal or not, the first thing they're going to do is draw down on you. Non-compliance to any commands they give you, is just going to make them that much more nervous.

It's a state law. Again, it's the state law. He is legally permitted to open carry. He had a permit. He was black though with a gun. It shoot up time where cops are concerned. Blacks aren't suppose to actually exercise their rights. That's reserved for white's.

It's a state law. Again, it's the state law. He is legally permitted to open carry. He had a permit. He was black though with a gun. It shoot up time where cops are concerned. Blacks aren't suppose to actually exercise their rights. That's reserved for white's.

Could have easily happened to a white guy too. You do know that more white people are shot by the police, than any other race, right?

People shot to death by U.S. police, by race 2020 | Statista

Could have easily happened to a white guy too. You do know that more white people are shot by the police, than any other race, right?

Could have but it does happen to blacks. Either way the officer would need fired and charged with violating a persons rights.

Could have but it does happen to blacks.

Of course it does. It could happen to anyone, regardless of color.

"Casey Goodson, 23, was fatally shot by a 17-year veteran of the Franklin County Sheriff's Department, identified as deputy Jason Meade, working for the US Marshal's fugitive task force looking for violent offenders Friday. The victim was not the person being sought by the US Marshal's Task Force, Columbus Police said -- the state's criminal investigations bureau declined to look into the case due to a three-day delay in police calling for assistance."

Basically, a sheriff's deputy reported seeing a man with a gun and went to confront him; there was a verbal exchange and then shots were fired...no other officers witnessed the shooting and there is no body cam footage...Goodman was returning home from a Subway sandwich shop, still carrying the sandwich in his hand when he was shot thru his front door -- where he fell into the kitchen in front of his 5 yr old brother and grandmother...his keys were still left in the front door....

The main question the family has is; why would the police even be confronting Goodson if Ohio is an open carry state and Goodson was legally carrying a weapon since he has a concealed carry license?
Biff---You are such a giant TOOL. Try reading other articles and see what other people besides the criminals family and sleazy money grubbing lawyer are trying to push.

Lawyers LIE especially the ambulance chasing racist ones like you are apparently getting your story from. They always try to make criminals sound like choir boys.

Goodson was shot after driving down the street waving a GUN-----the photos of the crime scene show not the house but the road. The police story is completely different than the family attorney's story that you quote. I believe the cops over the sleazy family attorney and oh look--the evidence is already backing the cops--

And btw, you need to learn how to think logically-----------the lying family's story claims that Goodson put his keys into the front door to unlock it---why would he need to unlock the door with his keys if atleast 4 people mentioned in the story are at home? Secondly, the family claims that Goodson was still holding the unopened subway sandwich that he brought home to share with the family of atleast 5 now----really? One sandwich for atleast 5 people? Comeon now---

Failing to have any common sense as you so desperately want to push the racist dribble----you should stop being a blind foolish racist and atleast listen (read) different articles from both and all sides before posting and making up your one-track racist foolish mind. You may then figure out how to see the truth instead of your just hate for cops and whites.

I used to work 7 till 7. I would often stop on my way home to get something to eat because the rest of the family didn't want to wait that late. If it was winter and dark the door would often be locked when I got home.
Yes, but in this case..the specifically stated that the guy just gotten back from a dental appointment (implying during the day) and picked up a sandwich that he was going to share with the family (implying that he wasnt a thug but a nice guy)..........so during the day the house is locked up? And again 1 sandwich for 5 people minimum? Comeon now----

You are sharing things not presented. Yes, lots of people keep their doors locked for various reasons.
His family that standing in the kitchen when he was coming in didn't open the door for him? YOu really believe the ambulance chaser and haven't figured out that the ambulance chasing attorney has both motive and is certainly lying.....

Common everywhere. People lock their doors.

Hun try to follow along------when you are arriving home in the middle of the day and your family of atleast 4 others is in the kitchen where your door is at------they typically open the door when they hear you coming in--so most people wouldn't get their keys out--they would just knock.

"Casey Goodson, 23, was fatally shot by a 17-year veteran of the Franklin County Sheriff's Department, identified as deputy Jason Meade, working for the US Marshal's fugitive task force looking for violent offenders Friday. The victim was not the person being sought by the US Marshal's Task Force, Columbus Police said -- the state's criminal investigations bureau declined to look into the case due to a three-day delay in police calling for assistance."

Basically, a sheriff's deputy reported seeing a man with a gun and went to confront him; there was a verbal exchange and then shots were fired...no other officers witnessed the shooting and there is no body cam footage...Goodman was returning home from a Subway sandwich shop, still carrying the sandwich in his hand when he was shot thru his front door -- where he fell into the kitchen in front of his 5 yr old brother and grandmother...his keys were still left in the front door....

The main question the family has is; why would the police even be confronting Goodson if Ohio is an open carry state and Goodson was legally carrying a weapon since he has a concealed carry license?
Biff---You are such a giant TOOL. Try reading other articles and see what other people besides the criminals family and sleazy money grubbing lawyer are trying to push.

Lawyers LIE especially the ambulance chasing racist ones like you are apparently getting your story from. They always try to make criminals sound like choir boys.

Goodson was shot after driving down the street waving a GUN-----the photos of the crime scene show not the house but the road. The police story is completely different than the family attorney's story that you quote. I believe the cops over the sleazy family attorney and oh look--the evidence is already backing the cops--

And btw, you need to learn how to think logically-----------the lying family's story claims that Goodson put his keys into the front door to unlock it---why would he need to unlock the door with his keys if atleast 4 people mentioned in the story are at home? Secondly, the family claims that Goodson was still holding the unopened subway sandwich that he brought home to share with the family of atleast 5 now----really? One sandwich for atleast 5 people? Comeon now---

Failing to have any common sense as you so desperately want to push the racist dribble----you should stop being a blind foolish racist and atleast listen (read) different articles from both and all sides before posting and making up your one-track racist foolish mind. You may then figure out how to see the truth instead of your just hate for cops and whites.

I used to work 7 till 7. I would often stop on my way home to get something to eat because the rest of the family didn't want to wait that late. If it was winter and dark the door would often be locked when I got home.
Yes, but in this case..the specifically stated that the guy just gotten back from a dental appointment (implying during the day) and picked up a sandwich that he was going to share with the family (implying that he wasnt a thug but a nice guy)..........so during the day the house is locked up? And again 1 sandwich for 5 people minimum? Comeon now----

You are sharing things not presented. Yes, lots of people keep their doors locked for various reasons.
His family that standing in the kitchen when he was coming in didn't open the door for him? YOu really believe the ambulance chaser and haven't figured out that the ambulance chasing attorney has both motive and is certainly lying.....

Common everywhere. People lock their doors.

Hun try to follow along------when you are arriving home in the middle of the day and your family of atleast 4 others is in the kitchen where your door is at------they typically open the door when they hear you coming in--so most people wouldn't get their keys out--they would just knock.

Nobody "typically" does anything. I worked rotating shifts. On occasion I would work 7 at night till 7 in the morning. On occasion I would be asked to work over 4 hours. Come home after 11 and the door is locked because no one had went anywhere yet.

Not even the police have stated he was suspected of a crime.
You keep missing my point.
What I’m saying is that I will wait for more facts to come out before I make a decision on who I think is right and who was wrong. Maybe the cop was totally in the wrong. Maybe it was mistaken identity. Maybe the cops is a psycho and really was bitching to execute somebody. Maybe the cop is the local klan leader and saw a black guy and just had to kill him. Maybe the guy shot dindu nuffins. Maybe he didu sumpins. I don’t know. When more details come out, I’ll revisit it.
My problem all along in this thread is the original posters immediate transaction on his race card.

That’s bullshit.

None will until the police roll in the big tanker of WHITEWASH.

Nobody has even suggested the victim fired at all.

Stop deep-throating jackboots. It's embarassing.
Dude...
I’m not saying he did fire. I’m saying we really don’t know anything that happened. All we have is the attorney for the family, and I think we all know how reliable that is.
Maybe the cop is a total power tripping douche who gunned somebody down because they didn’t drop down and suck him off at his command. It’s possible. Or maybe there is much more to this, and it will turn out to be the classic case of “he a good boy, he dindu nuffins” who just so happens to be suspected of a violent crime, fought the cops off, pulled his weapon, and got capped.
My point is we don’t know. I’m not going to jump and assign guilt to anybody, at least not yet.
And I am far from a cop worshipping jackboot type. Far, far from it.
Whether the dead black guy was guilty of a crime or not, he’s likely dead for not following the instructions of the cops to the letter

there are exceptions where the cops are totally wrong but those are rare

Legal carry is for white men only.

It's fucked up but if I was black I wouldn't carry a gun openly because it's a stupid decision.
Why is exercising your constitutional rights a stupid decision??
He was waving a gun around while driving down the street-------------I'd be pretty upset if the cops didn't stop him.......

Oddly Kyle Rittenhouse gets made a hero by many for waving his gun around. (illegally at that)
it wasn't illegal if it was out for self defense

Yes it was. It was illegal for him to be there with a gun.
links?

It's all been discussed and linked to and you know it.
hahhahahah--you lied

"WOSU has confirmed that 23-year-old Casey Goodson Jr., who law enforcement say was "waving a gun" at officers before his fatal encounter with a Franklin County Sheriff's Deputy, had a concealed carry license."

On the bright side, the officer who shot him did say he was waving a gun at him....we just gotta take his word for it.....

He would have no reason to lie about something like that -- now if this guy was voting illegally, then I am sure that cop would lie about it and cover it up..as usual...
Why did this cop not have a body cam on? That in itself is suspicious.
According to the articles I read, Franklin County Sheriff's task force officers either aren't issued or aren't required to wear body cameras...

Sounds like something those "police reforms" the libs keep yapping about could address....
Body cams are very expensive to maintain. Defunding the police guarantees there will be less cops with body cams.

Whether the dead black guy was guilty of a crime or not, he’s likely dead for not following the instructions of the cops to the letter

there are exceptions where the cops are totally wrong but those are rare

More likely: the cop was either evil or incompetent, and did "spray and pray". More than likely, he will get away with it, either no discipline at all, or quietly allowed to retire with a fat pension.

Body cams are very expensive to maintain. Defunding the police guarantees there will be less cops with body cams.

Body cams should simply be a Federal mandate. The police officer deactivating, disabling, or obstructing them should be a Federal felony carrying mandatory prison time.

I am sure he was on his way to medical school
You folks are insane !

Forum List

Back