25 blacks asked to leave because 1 white "feels threatened"

Well, here you go, the truth comes out.

From Wild Wing Cafe, N. Charleston's facebook:

Hunter Moffitt said:

This is ridiculous, Wild wings doesn't owe anyone an apology. The issue was that a DEAF woman stepped on the a lady's foot. (Yes, that lady happened to be black) The deaf woman walked away as the black woman yelled at her. The woman assumed that she was being ignored and caused a scene, then her party was asked to leave because she was yelling.

So there you have it.

From the same source as the original story. https://www.facebook.com/WildWingCafeNorthCharleston

Not racism.

Did anyone click the link provided?

Because that goes to some guy who wasn't involved in any way with the incident. Its just some random guy. If you follow the second link, which Missouri says "is from the same source". It's not.

But who cares about lying. If you go to the second link you'll find a VERY different message. Which he leglected to post or maybe thought Hunter was Wild Wings...either way fail

The majority owners of Wild Wing Cafe (WWC) and the WWC senior management team want to say that we are incredibly saddened and regretful about all that has happened in this unfortunate situation.

We are appalled that a customer service issue of any kind would be left unaddressed for three weeks. As soon as the owners and the senior management team were made aware of the situation on the afternoon of Thursday, August 22, we responded swiftly.

We are truly disappointed and sorry that any guests of ours felt disrespected or discriminated against. Our ownership group, home office staff and restaurant staff represent the diversity that our great country is made up of and these accusations do not reflect our values. We can assure you that we will not tolerate any discriminatory behavior in our organization.

We are conducting a thorough investigation and are taking the appropriate action. In the meantime, we are in regular and productive conversation with the individuals and we hope to keep all involved fans and friends of WWC. We realize these are topics that engender emotional reactions. We truly believe that actions speak louder than words and we hope all are open to let ours speak for us as we move through this situation. We are committed to not repeat the mistakes that have been made and to make sure anybody who walks in the doors of WWC is treated with love, respect and care.

Thank you for your understanding.

Now how did Missery miss that or forget to post from Wild Wings site? Why would he pick one comment from a random person as legitimate?

Confirmation Bias and you fuckers fell for it hook line and stinker...like always

If there is any truth to this 'deaf woman stepped on normal-hearing Black woman's foot while passing-by in the restaurant' aspect of the story...

Could this not just be a huge accident-coupled-with-unfortunate-reaction kind of thing?

Have you (any of us) never stepped on someone's foot without realizing you were doing it?

I know that I have, on a few occasions, throughout my lifetime.

And...

Have you (any of us) never busted some stranger's chops for doing or not doing something expected, only to realize they were vision- or hearing- or speech- impaired?

I know that I have, on one or two embarrassing occasions, throughout my lifetime.

And...

Have you (any of us) never had someone step on OUR foot or bump or elbow or jostle you, and you then turn on them, only to realize that they, in turn, truly did not realize that they had done so?

I know that I have, on a few occasions throughout my lifetime.

And, once we get beyond the wholly understandable range of causes and reactions...

Did the White Deaf Woman get smart with the Black 'Injured' Woman when first approached, and trigger a more harsh emotional outburst on the part of the Black?

Did the Black Injured Woman get smart with the White Deaf Woman during her initial approach and bring on a smart-assed or other undesirable response, because of that?

Was the White Deaf Woman being Racist, in diffidently ignoring or minimizing the complaint of the Black Woman, as some Whites are likely to do, in such a scenario?

Was the Black Injured Woman using the incident as a lowbrow excuse to rant at Whitey and to try to bully a White, as some Blacks are likely to do, in such a scenario?

If the Deaf White Woman scenario is true...

I can kinda-sorta understand the reaction of the restaurant manager in asking the group of Black Folk to leave...

You've got one screeching mindless faux rant going-on, to the detriment of the restaurant and its customers, and you want the cause of it to get-the-fuck out...

If the Black customer(s) were being disruptive, then it seems to be a Righteous Call...

If the Black customer(s) were NOT being disruptive, then it may have been a Racist Call...

But I'm not convinced that the OP is on the right track by automatically assigning blame to the White Restaurant Manager...

I think we need more data (we need to hear both sides, from the prinicipals themselves, preferably) before we can render anything even close to an Impartial and Righteous Judgment...

Coming down too hard on these folks, in advance of such information, seems more like Race Baiting and Hate Mongering than anything else...

Ala Jackson and Sharpton and their fellow travelers on both sides of the color-divide...

Or so it seems to me, at first glance...

Last edited:

Hunter Moffitt said:

This is ridiculous, Wild wings doesn't owe anyone an apology. The issue was that a DEAF woman stepped on the a lady's foot. (Yes, that lady happened to be black) The deaf woman walked away as the black woman yelled at her. The woman assumed that she was being ignored and caused a scene, then her party was asked to leave because she was yelling.
So there you have it.

From the same source as the original story. https://www.facebook.com/WildWingCafeNorthCharleston

Not racism.

Thanks.

I knew it was a lie when I saw Luddly started the thread, but it is nice to see someone who doesn't even know him proving it.

As did I. What civilized individual mistreats a handicapped person?

Did any of you actually click on the link? It leads to the facebook page of the restaurant, not any news article. The people that were kicked out have it on video. ONE GUY on a facebook page says something different and you all believe it even though I myself couldn't even find his comment anywhere on the page.

Hunter Moffitt said:

So there you have it.

Not racism.

Has anyone in that group apologized for yelling at a handicapped person? I think of posters on here. I could see poet knocking her to the ground. I could see JoeB and Luddly yelling at her too. I could see Snookie getting up in her face. I do NOT see [MENTION=26153]High_Gravity[/MENTION] for whom I have a great deal of respect yelling at this woman, or misbehaving toward the manager. The woman was handicapped. She gets special treatment as a handicapped person.

Leave black/white out of it. Imagine just people in this scenario. This behavior is unacceptable.

I have yet to see anything that states that was the cause of the dispute, other than posts here with a link to the restaurants facebook page.

Now Kondor wheres the other possible argument? No time to explain it from another way right?

Like I said the FB post was from someone who wasn't even involved. A random FB post that isn't even at the links provided.

As the famous philosopher Howard Stern once said regarding the secret to leading a happy and successful life, "Go to work everyday. Don't bother nobody. Behave yourself".

If there is any truth to this 'deaf woman stepped on normal-hearing Black woman's foot while passing-by in the restaurant' aspect of the story...

Could this not just be a huge accident-coupled-with-unfortunate-reaction kind of thing?

Have you (any of us) never stepped on someone's foot without realizing you were doing it?

I know that I have, on a few occasions, throughout my lifetime.

And...

Have you (any of us) never busted some stranger's chops for doing or not doing something expected, only to realize they were vision- or hearing- or speech- impaired?

I know that I have, on one or two embarrassing occasions, throughout my lifetime.

And...

Have you (any of us) never had someone step on OUR foot or bump or elbow or jostle you, and you then turn on them, only to realize that they, in turn, truly did not realize that they had done so?

I know that I have, on a few occasions throughout my lifetime.

And, once we get beyond the wholly understandable range of causes and reactions...

Did the White Deaf Woman get smart with the Black 'Injured' Woman when first approached, and trigger a more harsh emotional outburst on the part of the Black?

Did the Black Injured Woman get smart with the White Deaf Woman during her initial approach and bring on a smart-assed or other undesirable response, because of that?

Was the White Deaf Woman being Racist, in diffidently ignoring or minimizing the complaint of the Black Woman, as some Whites are likely to do, in such a scenario?

Was the Black Injured Woman using the incident as a lowbrow excuse to rant at Whitey and to try to bully a White, as some Blacks are likely to do, in such a scenario?

If the Deaf White Woman scenario is true...

I can kinda-sorta understand the reaction of the restaurant manager in asking the group of Black Folk to leave...

You've got one screeching mindless faux rant going-on, to the detriment of the restaurant and its customers, and you want the cause of it to get-the-fuck out...

If the Black customer(s) were being disruptive, then it seems to be a Righteous Call...

If the Black customer(s) were NOT being disruptive, then it may have been a Racist Call...

But I'm not convinced that the OP is on the right track by automatically assigning blame to the White Restaurant Manager...

I think we need more data (we need to hear both sides, from the prinicipals themselves, preferably) before we can render anything even close to an Impartial and Righteous Judgment...

Coming down too hard on these folks, in advance of such information, seems more like Race Baiting and Hate Mongering than anything else...

Ala Jackson and Sharpton and their fellow travelers on both sides of the color-divide...

Or so it seems to me, at first glance...

The claim is that the woman whose foot was stepped on yelled, the deaf woman kept walking and thinking she was being deliberately ignored, the black woman started causing a scene. Then the rest of them joined in and all were asked to leave.

This happens all the time. This one just made it to facebook.

Now Kondor wheres the other possible argument? No time to explain it from another way right?

Like I said the FB post was from someone who wasn't even involved. A random FB post that isn't even at the links provided.
I don't understand, CC... there are a myriad of possible explanations, many of which have been given good service here already... I was under the impression that I was merely serving-up another couple of such... but my own meager contribution was by no means intended to be all-inclusive and exclusionary of others, if that's where you were heading with that...

I don't understand, CC... there are a myriad of possible explanations, many of which have been given good service here already... I was under the impression that I was merely serving-up another couple of such... but my own meager contribution was by no means intended to be all-inclusive and exclusionary of others, if that's where you were heading with that...

No what you did was go with a rumor then seek to explain (legitimize) the rumor to move from being hear say to a genuine topic.

For example: I say you fuck goats. Someone else says if he fucks goats he must like a hairy ass. Someone else says if he likes hairy ass he must like guys!

See how that happens? No, I bet you don't just because you did it

Daily Kos: Restaurant Asks 25 Black People to Leave Because 1 White Person Feels "Threatened"

Fifty years after Dr. King's I Have a Dream speech this crap's still going on. From Progressive Populist: Blacks Asked to Leave South Carolina Restaurant Because White Customer Felt Threatened. It happened at the Wild Wing Cafe in North Charleston.

This actually makes me feel a little sick to my stomach. We humans are not the most evolved on the planet.

Anyone wanna bet that some here will actually agree that these people should have been told to leave the restaurant just because one person wanted it?

wanna bet you are in the running for stupidest strawman of the year?

Here's a flask folks: Not everyone says 'excuse me' when they accidentally touch you because they are not always aware the accidentally touched you. It doesn't make you look like you have good manners if you start screaming about it. If this did come to a lawsuit, it would be a hoot to watch!

Here's a flask folks: Not everyone says 'excuse me' when they accidentally touch you because they are not always aware the accidentally touched you. It doesn't make you look like you have good manners if you start screaming about it. If this did come to a lawsuit, it would be a hoot to watch!

^^ See Kondor?

They are just running with the bullshit. So much now that they actually believe this is what happened. Just like you liking guys, if that's true *wink*

Assuming the story about the deaf woman stepping on the black woman's foot is true. So far all we have is a post on a facebook page which I can't find (the post, not the page) as evidence.

Assuming the story about the deaf woman stepping on the black woman's foot is true. So far all we have is a post on a facebook page which I can't find (the post, not the page) as evidence.

The OP was just an allegation.

What makes me sick is the fact that this thread is probably going to go over 500 post. Slaughter of innocent white people daily doesn't get more then a few dozen....

What a sick statement....

A private business can throw people out...

The OP was just an allegation.

the op has several sites to back it up:

Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threatened': Report

25 African-Americans thrown out of South Carolina restaurant after a white woman complained of feeling 'threatened' | Mail Online

Black man claims he was kicked out of South Carolina restaurant because a white woman 'felt threatened' - NY Daily News

Black Restaurant Patrons Kicked Out After White Woman Feels 'Threatened'

The idea that a deaf woman stepped on a black woman's foot has only one site, and that is even specious since it's a post on a Facebook page which I can't even find (again, the post, not the page). I need more than that as evidence before I can condone kicking a group of 25 people out of a restaurant.

Forum List

Back