250,000 Coloradoans lose their health insurance under Obamacare

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
Almost 250,000 Colorado residents have or will have their health insurance plans cancelled under ObamaCare, the state’s Division of Insurance said Wednesday.

A spokesman for the agency said in a press release that the plans are being cancelled for numerous reasons, one being that some of the plans do not meet the new requirements for patient care under the Affordable Care Act.

The agency stated that so far under ObamaCare, 106,083 people in the individual market have lost their plans and 143,116 people in the small group market have lost theirs.

The agency said it is addressing the cancellations to quell consumer “alarm or confusion” over changes to their health insurance.

"Consumers who have questions about these letters or any questions about their health insurance policy should contact the Division," Commissioner of Insurance Marguerite Salazar said in a statement. "While some plans are being cancelled, Coloradoans have many new options for 2014, due to the strength and competitiveness of our health insurance market."

KDVR reports that just 3,408 Colorado residents have signed up for health insurance so far using the ObamaCare exchanges. However, 34,168 Colorado residents have signed up for insurance under the law’s Medicaid expansion.

On Monday, President Obama continued to fine tune his promise that Americans who like their health plans would be able to keep them, as thousands of consumers receive health insurance cancellation notices.

The president told about 200 of his campaign supporters and health care activists that the administration had promised Americans they could keep their current coverage -- as long as their plans hadn’t changed since ObamaCare was signed into law.

"If you have or had one of these plans before the Affordable Care Act came into law and you really liked that plan, what we said was you could keep it if it hasn't changed since the law's passed," Obama said. "So we wrote into the Affordable Care Act you are grandfathered in on that plan. But if the insurance company changes it, then what we're saying is they have got to change it to a higher standard. They've got to make it better."

Obama said his health care law is making the insurance market better for everyone, even though millions of Americans who buy individual plans have been receiving cancellation notices. He said the notices "can be scary for people," but added they were often getting "a very bad deal."

"The bottom line is -- is that we are making the insurance market better for everybody and that's right thing to do," he said.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

Almost 250,000 Colo. residents lose health plans under ObamaCare | Fox News

This is going on all over the country--making it millions whom are getting letters from their insurers telling them they're dropped. I know it's the high deductible plans that Coloradoans chose along with millions of others to get--which saved them on their monthly premiums. These people calculated how much they can afford in a deductible and chose the plan in that manner. What right does Obama have--to make them go to more expensive plans--with lower deductibles to meet his cough-cough "Affordable Health Care Bill?"

obamacare-cartoon-2.jpg

Last edited:
The bad thing is the majority of them are white middle class GOP supporters, not the trash living in the barrio and ghetto that vote for the Dimwits and will get free obamacare handouts paid by those very middle class workers losing their insurance.

The bad thing is the majority of them are white middle class GOP supporters, not the trash living in the barrio and ghetto that vote for the Dimwits and will get free obamacare handouts paid by those very middle class workers losing their insurance.

There's a lot of people in Colorado that voted for Obama--1st and 2nd term that are now getting notices from their insurers in the mail that they are getting their policies cancelled.

Make no mistake about that. I imagine there are millions across this country that are middle income people--who voted for Obama that are getting notices too, and that's why democrats who are running for reelection in 14 are in a panic. 15 democrat senators today--had a secret meeting that's no longer at secret at the White House.

Last edited:
5.2 million across this country now getting cancellation notices and rapidly growing.

While Obama's approval rating is CRASHING.

14847d1383696841-obama-approval-rating-going-south-abushobama.jpg

Only hater dupes believe 5 million is most of the country LOL - and IT'S THE INSURERS REFUSING TO UPGRADE TO GOOD STANDARDS and REFUSE TO COMPETE THEIR PRICES IN EXCHANGES. GOOD RIDDANCE lol...

And he's crashed about the margin of error, while ACA actually has RISEN....zzzzzzzzzzzzz

5.2 million across this country now getting cancellation notices and rapidly growing.

While Obama's approval rating is CRASHING.

14847d1383696841-obama-approval-rating-going-south-abushobama.jpg

funny thing about lies....especially when you are a sitting president, they ALWAYS catch up with you......:lol:

And he's crashed about the margin of error, while ACA actually has RISEN....zzzzzzzzzzzzz

You talk as if it had been nailed to a cross and crucified. Nope. It was chased out of heaven while being beaten with a scroll.

Only hater dupes believe 5 million is most of the country LOL - and IT'S THE INSURERS REFUSING TO UPGRADE TO GOOD STANDARDS and REFUSE TO COMPETE THEIR PRICES IN EXCHANGES. GOOD RIDDANCE lol...

Only idiots like you fail to realize that 5 million is too much!

The thread title is not true. People who object to others not telling the truth should try to live by their own standards.

We're among those Coloradans who lost coverage. Our "new and improved" plan will cost us 40%+ more and will have deductibles that are nearly twice as high as our old plan.

The response at this forum and other places is "well I got mine, you're paying for it, tough shit".

Okay. The higher costs are not going to cause us financial harm, but we are definitely among the many to whom Obama lied. And lied and lied and lied. If his apologists think that's funny, if they don't care that he lied to our face to get elected, that's fine, that's what I would expect from them.

This is what happens when we allow politicians this much control over our lives. Absolutely predictable. It's also predictable that their sycophants will defend them no matter what, since these people are so devoted to the politicians. "You can lie to me all you want, just gimme."

It is what it is. The decay continues.

Last edited:

Only idiots like you fail to realize that 5 million is too much!

Exactly. Obama LIED when he said you can "keep your plan". Now he says, "you can get a better plan". Guess what, if you're young and healthy, you don't need a "better plan" as much as you need extra money to save for retirement, invest, and pay for basic expenses.

This is classic redistribution of wealth from those who are successful to those who are not. It's unacceptable.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
well, they are getting what they voted for, aren't they?

Quit your job ,and get on the free Obama train -choo -choo ............:eusa_whistle:

Yet more confirmation that you are a collectivist moron who supports the Tyranny of the Majority (which in the case of ObamaCare, is actually a minority).

We're among those Coloradans who lost coverage. Our "new and improved" plan will cost us 40%+ more and will have deductibles that are nearly twice as high as our old plan.

The response at this forum and other places is "well I got mine, you're paying for it, tough shit".

Okay. The higher costs are not going to cause us financial harm, but we are definitely among the many to whom Obama lied. And lied and lied and lied. If his apologists think that's funny, if they don't care that he lied to our face to get elected, that's fine, that's what I would expect from them.

This is what happens when we allow politicians this much control over our lives. Absolutely predictable. It's also predictable that their sycophants will defend them no matter what, since these people are so devoted to the politicians. "You can lie to me all you want, just gimme."

lol, you're in the 99% of USMB Obama haters who just happen to fall into the 3% of Americans who might in some way end up paying more under Obamacare.

Such a demographic oddity, this forum.

So a quarter of million Coloradoans are going to get better insurance and for many at a lower cost.

97% will pay the same or less, 3% more.

Good program that.

Thank the GOP-Dem Congress from 1994 to 2006 that could have done this much more easily and controlled at the state levels.

Have insurance companies been bilking the public with lousy health care policies?

lol, you're in the 99% of USMB Obama haters who just happen to fall into the 3% of Americans who might in some way end up paying more under Obamacare.

Such a demographic oddity, this forum.

Naw, I'll leave the "hating" to partisan ideologues like you. It's just not my nature.

People who don't qualify for subsidies can expect to pay more for less. No "demographic oddity" required.

And if you're one of the many who do qualify for subsidies, you're welcome.

So a quarter of million Coloradoans are going to get better insurance and for many at a lower cost.

97% will pay the same or less, 3% more.

Good program that.

Thank the GOP-Dem Congress from 1994 to 2006 that could have done this much more easily and controlled at the state levels.

Fakey Jakey, always the ignorant fool, plans that REQUIRE you to cover more things don't cost less, hope this helps..... :thup:

Forum List

Back