🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

260,000 Veterans Have Lost Their Gun Rights Since December

the prezbo plans to extend the policy to Social Security if he hasnt already done so
why shouldn't that be the case?
someone that isn't able to handle their own ss benefits would fit the definition of "adjudicated as a mental defective"

you have become boring and without effect

so have a good day loser
yeah. it must suck for you not to have the facts on your side and to be operating solely from emotional appeal

i can understand not liking the law or the definition, i really do.

i can't understand why someone would think that government agencies shouldn't share relevant information.

do you have a reason why the va or the social security information should not give information to the fbi, thereby making it more likely people will break the law?

they also claim the background check is to keep those illegally in the country

from purchasing firearms

just exactly how does that work

the prezbo plans to extend the policy to Social Security if he hasnt already done so
someone that isn't able to handle their own ss benefits would fit the definition of "adjudicated as a mental defective"

so have a good day loser
yeah. it must suck for you not to have the facts on your side and to be operating solely from emotional appeal

i can't understand why someone would think that government agencies shouldn't share relevant information.

do you have a reason why the va or the social security information should not give information to the fbi, thereby making it more likely people will break the law?

because i favor due process

some chump sitting in a cubical calling what rights should be taken away from someone else

is NOT due process

Disarm all Vets, Disarm all active-duty Soldiers, and then Disarm all Citizens.

That's the plan folks. Welcome to the New World Order.

they also claim the background check is to keep those illegally in the country

from purchasing firearms

just exactly how does that work

so have a good day loser

because i favor due process

some chump sitting in a cubical calling what rights should be taken away from someone else

is NOT due process
if you feel that the current process doesn't respect people's rights to due process you should either work to have the law changed or to challenge it on those grounds in court. complaing that the va follows the law isn't the way to go.

so which option are you pursuing?

i'm going to do this for the people (Iceweasel) accusing me of lying or misapplying the law.

Gun Control Act of 1968 said:
(d) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person --

(1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;

(2) is a fugitive from justice;

(3) is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));

(4) has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;
The Gun Control Act of 1968, Public Law 90-618
[B][SIZE=6]27 CFR 478.11 - Meaning of terms said:
[/SIZE][/B]
§ 478.11Meaning of terms.
When used in this part and in forms prescribed under this part, where not otherwise distinctly expressed or manifestly incompatible with the intent thereof, terms shall have the meanings ascribed in this section. Words in the plural form shall include the singular, and vice versa, and words importing the masculine gender shall include the feminine. The terms “includes” and “including” do not exclude other things not enumerated which are in the same general class or are otherwise within the scope thereof.
Act. 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44.
Adjudicated as a mental defective. (a) A determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that aperson, as a result of marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease:
(1) Is a danger to himself or to others; or
(2) Lacks the mental capacity to contract or manage his own affairs.
(b) The term shall include—
(1) A finding of insanity by a court in a criminal case; and
(2) Those persons found incompetent to stand trial or found not guilty by reason of lack of mental responsibility pursuant to articles 50a and 72b of the Uniform Code of Military Justice,
27 CFR 478.11 - Meaning of terms.

now, if anyone believes that those very clear pieces of text do not mean what they so clearly do please feel free to say why - or continue to argue from ignorance and emotion.
I think I can clear this up for you...

Here are the disqualifications for owning a firearm....

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/18/I/44/922

(1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year; (2) is a fugitive from justice; (3) is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802)); (4) has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution; (5) who, being an alien - (A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States; or (B) except as provided in subsection (y)(2), has been admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa (as that term is defined in section 101(a)(26) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(26))); (6) who (!2) has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions; (7) who, having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his citizenship; (8) is subject to a court order that restrains such person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner of such person or child of such intimate partner or person, or engaging in other conduct that would place an intimate partner in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child, except that this paragraph shall only apply to a court order that - (A) was issued after a hearing of which such person received actual notice, and at which such person had the opportunity to participate; and (B)(i) includes a finding that such person represents a credible threat to the physical safety of such intimate partner or child; or (ii) by its terms explicitly prohibits the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against such intimate partner or child that would reasonably be expected to cause bodily injury; or (9) has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence. - See more at: 18 U.S.C. § 922 : US Code - Section 922: Unlawful acts

Now, in case you're a real Dumbass, "adjudicated" means a determination was made by the COURTS....

So the VA exceeded their authority by usurping the court's role and making the determination that the veteran's should lose their Second Amendment rights on their own (non-existant) authority....

Disarm all Vets, Disarm all active-duty Soldiers, and then Disarm all Citizens.

That's the plan folks. Welcome to the New World Order.

yup

The Government already bans active-duty soldiers from posessing firerams in many military locations. The next phase will be to ban them from possessing firearms outside their active-duty military status. In other words, they won't be allowed to acquire & possess firearms in their private lives. That will be part of the deal when they sign up.

But Vets clearly pose the biggest threat to the Globalist Elites. They would be very formidable should they decide to stand up. The Elites fully understand that. But it's all part of a bigger picture. The goal is to disarm all Citizens of the world. Only the One-World Government will be armed. I guess we'll see if Americans go along. Stay tuned.

i'm going to do this for the people (Iceweasel) accusing me of lying or misapplying the law.

(d) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person --

(1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;

(3) is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));

(4) has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;
[/SIZE][/B]
When used in this part and in forms prescribed under this part, where not otherwise distinctly expressed or manifestly incompatible with the intent thereof, terms shall have the meanings ascribed in this section. Words in the plural form shall include the singular, and vice versa, and words importing the masculine gender shall include the feminine. The terms “includes” and “including” do not exclude other things not enumerated which are in the same general class or are otherwise within the scope thereof.
Adjudicated as a mental defective. (a) A determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that aperson, as a result of marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease:
(2) Those persons found incompetent to stand trial or found not guilty by reason of lack of mental responsibility pursuant to articles 50a and 72b of the Uniform Code of Military Justice,

now, if anyone believes that those very clear pieces of text do not mean what they so clearly do please feel free to say why - or continue to argue from ignorance and emotion.

18 U.S.C. § 922 : US Code - Section 922: Unlawful acts

(1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year; (2) is a fugitive from justice; (3) is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802)); (4) has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution; (5) who, being an alien - (A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States; or (B) except as provided in subsection (y)(2), has been admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa (as that term is defined in section 101(a)(26) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(26))); (6) who (!2) has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions; (7) who, having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his citizenship; (8) is subject to a court order that restrains such person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner of such person or child of such intimate partner or person, or engaging in other conduct that would place an intimate partner in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child, except that this paragraph shall only apply to a court order that - (A) was issued after a hearing of which such person received actual notice, and at which such person had the opportunity to participate; and (B)(i) includes a finding that such person represents a credible threat to the physical safety of such intimate partner or child; or (ii) by its terms explicitly prohibits the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against such intimate partner or child that would reasonably be expected to cause bodily injury; or (9) has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence. - See more at: 18 U.S.C. § 922 : US Code - Section 922: Unlawful acts

Now, in case you're a real Dumbass, "adjudicated" means a determination was made by the COURTS....

So the VA exceeded their authority by usurping the court's role and making the determination that the veteran's should lose their Second Amendment rights on their own (non-existant) authority....
nope

You will boo me for this but I think PTSD is a coward's disease, Jane Fonda should be hanged by the rope until dead and Richard Nixon exonerated.

There is more to PTSD than refusal to return to the battlefield. Some are ADDICTED to the battlefield and their off switch is damaged and find it almost impossible to return to civilian life. Some just have nightmares that give them trouble sleeping. Huge variety in all that. Some seem to think that you can acquire PTSD like symptoms from things other than combat.

Thank you for your service, but you dont do your fellow vets any favors by painting with big wide brushes dude.

[/SIZE][/B]

nope
The VA isn't a "lawful authority", dumbass....

After all, when's the last time you heard of them arresting or fining anybody, or sending them off to jail or prison????

As a matter of fact, a veteran can tell them to kiss his ass and walk off with NO repercussions!!!!!

So, again, they have no authority to adjudicate ANYTHING!!!!!

Nice try....

Come back when you learn to read past a first-grade level, and we'll talk some more!!!!!!

But I'm all for taking away the gun rights of dishonorable discharges.

I think, if I recall correctly, that a dishonorable discharge is accompanied by a violation of the UCMJ equivalent to a felony. That is about the only way to get a dishonorable, so with the felony equivalent they lose their gun ownership rights unless pardoned or legally reversed in some way.

[/SIZE][/B]

nope
Maybe I can clear this term up for your ignorant ass, too....

Adjudication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Adjudication
Adjudication is the legal process by which an arbiter or judgereviews evidence and argumentation, including legal reasoning set forth by opposing parties or litigants to come to a decision which determines rights and obligations between the parties involved.[1]

But I'm all for taking away the gun rights of dishonorable discharges.

I think, if I recall correctly, that a dishonorable discharge is accompanied by a violation of the UCMJ equivalent to a felony. That is about the only way to get a dishonorable, so with the felony equivalent they lose their gun ownership rights unless pardoned or legally reversed in some way.

Current FBI Background Checks address that issue. It's interesting to me that so many believe it's so 'easy' to just walk in and purchase a firearm. You can tell those folks have been fully propagandized by the Gun Grabber-crowd. I sold firearms for years. It's actually no so 'easy.'

[/SIZE][/B]

nope
except yes, they are

[/SIZE][/B]

nope
except yes, they are

except no, they are not.

Show me where the VA has any judicial authority to give 'a determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority '.

United States Department of Veterans Affairs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It just aint there, bubba.

nope
except yes, they are

except no, they are not.

Show me where the VA has any judicial authority to give 'a determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority '.

United States Department of Veterans Affairs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It just aint there, bubba.
gee, wikipedia didn't give you all the information? imagine that!
38 CFR 3.353 - Determinations of incompetency and competency.

"260,000 Veterans Have Lost Their Gun Rights Since December"

Sssssshhhhhhhhhhh.....you might catch someone's attention and then everyone will know that their rights are slowly, methodically, being taken. As one frog soaking in the pot on the stove said to the other, 'Come on in - the water feels great.'

:p

"260,000 Veterans Have Lost Their Gun Rights Since December"

Sssssshhhhhhhhhhh.....you might catch someone's attention and then everyone will know that their rights are slowly, methodically, being taken. As one frog soaking in the pot on the stove said to the other, 'Come on in - the water feels great.'

:p
so you want more guns in the hands of the mentally deficient?

ogibillm, I knew someone would take the last post as something other than a joke, so I was writing this follow-up as you posted your last input....

Seriously:

'People' say the government doesn't seriously consider mental illness in the gun violence equation and should do something about it.

There are a LOT (no, I don't have the number of Vets with PTSD or what percent of vets come back from Iraq/Afghanistan with PTSD / symptoms of PTSD) of vets with PTSD or symptoms of PTSD. Chris Kyle, the legendary / most dangerous US sniper in history, was killed trying to help a vet with PTSD, as many know.

At the same time, the power to strip someone of their Constitutional Rights is massive and to be taken extremely seriously. Of course, the government would NEVER abuse it's authority.
:rolleyes:

gee, wikipedia didn't give you all the information? imagine that!
38 CFR 3.353 - Determinations of incompetency and competency.

From your own damned source, jack ass.

§ 3.353Determinations of incompetency and competency.
(a)Definition of mental incompetency. A mentally incompetent person is one who because of injury or disease lacks the mental capacity to contract or to manage his or her own affairs, including disbursement of funds without limitation.
Rating agencies have sole authority to make official determinations of competency and incompetency for purposes of: insurance (38 U.S.C. 1922), and, subject to §13.56 of this chapter, disbursement of benefits. Such determinations are final and binding on field stations for these purposes.

13.55 of this chapter; select a method of disbursing payment as provided in § 13.56 of this chapter, or in the case of a married beneficiary, appoint the beneficiary's spouse to receive payments as provided in § 13.57 of this chapter; and authorize disbursement of the benefit.
3.327(a) if necessary to properly evaluate the beneficiary's mental capacity to contract or manage his or her own affairs.
Where the beneficiary is rated incompetent, the Veterans Service Center Manager will develop information as to the beneficiary's social, economic and industrial adjustment; appoint (or recommend appointment of) a fiduciary as provided in § 13.55 of this chapter; select a method of disbursing payment as provided in § 13.56 of this chapter, or in the case of a married beneficiary, appoint the beneficiary's spouse to receive payments as provided in § 13.57 of this chapter; and authorize disbursement of the benefit.

If in the course of fulfilling the responsibilities assigned in paragraph (b)(2) the Veterans Service Center Manager develops evidence indicating that the beneficiary may be capable of administering the funds payable without limitation, he or she will refer that evidence to the rating agency with a statement as to his or her findings. The rating agency will consider this evidence, together with all other evidence of record, to determine whether its prior determination of incompetency should remain in effect. Reexamination may be requested as provided in § 3.327(a) if necessary to properly evaluate the beneficiary's mental capacity to contract or manage his or her own affairs.

The VA only has authority to rate veterans on their ability to handle and receive funds from the VA, and nothing else.

Forum List

Back