5 republicans announce retirement in span of 2 weeks

Announcing it early gives people time to field qualified candidates to vie for the seat. Since the latest is from Texas, I doubt they will have a problem holding the seat.
It also gives these resigning politicians over a year to say what's REALLY on their minds. Just like last time. Could prove interesting.

It's amazing what Republicans that don't have an incoming re-election by Republicans have to say about the Clown-in-Chief.

But Congressional republicans do not work for the Clown in Chief. It is their mandate to be a check on him.

Announcing it early gives people time to field qualified candidates to vie for the seat. Since the latest is from Texas, I doubt they will have a problem holding the seat.
It also gives these resigning politicians over a year to say what's REALLY on their minds. Just like last time. Could prove interesting.

It's amazing what Republicans that don't have an incoming re-election by Republicans have to say about the Clown-in-Chief.

But Congressional republicans do not work for the Clown in Chief. It is their mandate to be a check on him.

They got one main mandate - get re-elected and with Republican base checking Trump is a political scuicide. On the other hand if you shamelessly carry water for Trump you'll get promoted.

did you say that when the repubs took over during obammy? just wondering. or, were you calling them obstructionists?

They got one main mandate - get re-elected and with Republican base checking Trump is a political scuicide. On the other hand if you shamelessly carry water for Trump you'll get promoted.

That is the only mandate any member of Congress has, everything else takes a back seat.

From the link:

“We must be better than comments like these,” he tweeted after the president suggested Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan should go back to their “broken and crime-infested” countries.

It speaks volumes when members of the GOP are taking issue with The Presidents vituperative rhetoric. Moderate and conservative republicans have every right to call out this type of invective.
So, who will take issue with the Democrats vituperative rhetoric? Will it be you?

Absolutely. I could care less which side is doing it. It should always be called out.

Period

The biggest reason Trump was elected is: We all know the Deep State permeates both parties.

I mean, seriously, is this news to the OP? Do you live under a fucking rock,or what?

Are you not paying attention? Are you a fucking 'bot, an NPC, both?

Or, as I suspect, just another dumbass dimocrap.

dimocraps just parrot stupid shit they think means something to someone somewhere for some reason. They have no clue WTF they're talking about. They just C&P useless nonsense at the behest of their handlers..... the DNC through the DISGUSTING FILTH.

Here's the deep thinking of the typical dimocrap moron --

mw%20-%20avatar%2001.jpg

^^Complains about 'dimocrats' parroting stupid shit they think means something. Follows it up by parroting stupid shit he thinks means something.

‘Serving under Trump is embarrassing’: Fifth Republican congressman retires in just two weeks as GOP fears more exits

Even the GOP can’t stand Trump.

I can’t wait to hear the spin on this one: “They were RINOs all along anyway!”
This is what I call serious political spin. Jesus Thor Odin Allah!!!

Mike Conaway is the first Republican to EVER hold district 11. He was probably facing a primary and would rather go out on his own terms.

Paul Mitchell is in Boston, MA, so he is probably gone too. But, here is what he said:
"'We fail as a government, as an institution to address problems that really matter in this country because we're too busy playing politics," Mitchell said in a Wednesday interview at his Capitol Hill office.

"Politics consumes all the oxygen in the city, and rhetoric takes far more attention and far more credence than does policy."

"Good bipartisan bills have no chance of moving forward, so why am I working like this when I got a 9-year-old at home?" he added. "I don't need the job."
GOP's Mitchell plans to retire from Congress that's 'too busy playing politics'

Pete Olsen is in the 22nd District of Texas (Houston area), so he will likely get ousted by a Dem. But, here is what he said:
"“Protecting our future and preserving our exceptional nation are the reasons I first ran for Congress," he wrote. "Now, it’s time for another citizen-legislator to take up this mission, not to make a career out of politics, but to help lead in the cause of empowering our people, defending our liberties, and making sure America remains the greatest nation in history.” That's the kind of politician I like. Do the job, then come back and return to the private sector.
U.S. Rep. Pete Olson announces he won't seek reelection

Martha Roby - 2nd District, Alabama - never gave a reason for her retirement that I can find.

Rob Bishop - 26th District of Utah?
"The Deseret News noted that Bishop said in 2012 that he would not seek reelection once he could no longer serve in a committee leadership position."
Bishop confirms departure from Congress

They waited until some R quit and bitched about Trump to lump them all in together, as though they ALL quit because of Trump.

:laughing0301:

Do you see the problem with bias news coverage?

They just throw out the bullshit line "this is the 5 R to quit" without giving reasons, as though they ALL quit for that reason.

Dummies (if the shoe fits) eat it up.

Yep. Today's 'mainstream' news is a partisan shit show. Thanks, Obama. :04:

From the link:

“We must be better than comments like these,” he tweeted after the president suggested Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan should go back to their “broken and crime-infested” countries.

It speaks volumes when members of the GOP are taking issue with The Presidents vituperative rhetoric. Moderate and conservative republicans have every right to call out this type of invective.
So, who will take issue with the Democrats vituperative rhetoric? Will it be you?

Absolutely. I could care less which side is doing it. It should always be called out.

Period
So, Trump calling out the vituperative rhetoric of the left is okay with you then.

‘Serving under Trump is embarrassing’: Fifth Republican congressman retires in just two weeks as GOP fears more exits

Mike Conaway is the first Republican to EVER hold district 11. He was probably facing a primary and would rather go out on his own terms.

Paul Mitchell is in Boston, MA, so he is probably gone too. But, here is what he said:
"'We fail as a government, as an institution to address problems that really matter in this country because we're too busy playing politics," Mitchell said in a Wednesday interview at his Capitol Hill office.

"Politics consumes all the oxygen in the city, and rhetoric takes far more attention and far more credence than does policy."

"Good bipartisan bills have no chance of moving forward, so why am I working like this when I got a 9-year-old at home?" he added. "I don't need the job."

Pete Olsen is in the 22nd District of Texas (Houston area), so he will likely get ousted by a Dem. But, here is what he said:
"“Protecting our future and preserving our exceptional nation are the reasons I first ran for Congress," he wrote. "Now, it’s time for another citizen-legislator to take up this mission, not to make a career out of politics, but to help lead in the cause of empowering our people, defending our liberties, and making sure America remains the greatest nation in history.” That's the kind of politician I like. Do the job, then come back and return to the private sector.

Martha Roby - 2nd District, Alabama - never gave a reason for her retirement that I can find.

"The Deseret News noted that Bishop said in 2012 that he would not seek reelection once he could no longer serve in a committee leadership position."

They waited until some R quit and bitched about Trump to lump them all in together, as though they ALL quit because of Trump.

They just throw out the bullshit line "this is the 5 R to quit" without giving reasons, as though they ALL quit for that reason.

Nicely done though you probably confused a great many people by providing facts and context.

From the link:

Period
So, Trump calling out the vituperative rhetoric of the left is okay with you then.

That’s a given.

Yahoo news is fake news. There's no reason for alarm. Republicans like this are either quitters or neocon bigots. Trump doesn't need people like that watching his back. Good riddance.
Lol so you acknowledge that it happened but the story is fake somehow anyway? Good god.

The biggest reason Trump was elected is: We all know the Deep State permeates both parties.

I mean, seriously, is this news to the OP? Do you live under a fucking rock,or what?

Are you not paying attention? Are you a fucking 'bot, an NPC, both?

Or, as I suspect, just another dumbass dimocrap.

dimocraps just parrot stupid shit they think means something to someone somewhere for some reason. They have no clue WTF they're talking about. They just C&P useless nonsense at the behest of their handlers..... the DNC through the DISGUSTING FILTH.

Here's the deep thinking of the typical dimocrap moron --

mw%20-%20avatar%2001.jpg
Lol your butthurt is glaring even if you are trying to downplay this. Enough of this deep state crap. It’s not like you explain how these congressman were connected to the imaginary “deep state”. It really isn’t hard to believe that they resigned because they know Trump is a complete moron.

Lol this is so stupid. Why should anyone take your analysis seriously? You don’t know what you are talking about. You’re just saying shit that sounds good to you without knowing any facts. You just made this shit up as you went along. You probably didn’t even know who most of these were people before I posted this lol. 5 congressmen announced retirement in two weeks. Of course you dumbasses pretend Trump has nothing to do with it.

Lol this is so stupid. Why should anyone take your analysis seriously? You don’t know what you are talking about. You’re just saying shit that sounds good to you without knowing any facts. You just made this shit up as you went along. You probably didn’t even know who most of these were people before I posted this lol. 5 congressmen announced retirement in two weeks. Of course you dumbasses pretend Trump has nothing to do with it.
What do you mean "without any facts"? I posted quotes and gave cites.

I will be happy to hear your explanation...WITH facts to back it up. Not just your bullshit conjecture.

I'll wait.

Lol your butthurt is glaring even if you are trying to downplay this. Enough of this deep state crap. It’s not like you explain how these congressman were connected to the imaginary “deep state”. It really isn’t hard to believe that they resigned because they know Trump is a complete moron.

Where did they retire from? I didn't even read the article. Not interested. Were they from strongly Patriotic Districts? Were they from swing districts? Were all 5 from Ballmer :auiqs.jpg:

Were they from any traitorous dimocrap scum Districts?

I don't know, but I would guess they're from Strong Republican Districts and they either don't want to get primaryed (sp?) or the RNC asked them step down.

It really doesn't matter. Trump is going to take 100, yes -- ONE HUNDRED Republican Congresscritters to DC in 2020.

You watch. I'm gonna laugh as you cry your eyes out.

Not that you'd notice, you're already blind

And stupid

What do you mean "without any facts"? I posted quotes and gave cites.

I will be happy to hear your explanation...WITH facts to back it up. Not just your bullshit conjecture.

I'll wait.

5 congressman left in 2 weeks and the GOP fears more will follow because of the president. Obviously this is unprecedented. It’s not like they would actually mention Trump as the reason. It doesn’t matter how you slice this - the GOP is in turmoil.

Forum List

Back