50 years later: has government dependency helped or hurt blacks?

The same thing the white community will do to get rid of its racism.

In the white community, we recognize there are racists, but we look down on them and mock them for their shallow stupidity. In the black community, they call them civil rights leaders. That's not the same at all.

You're badly misinformed. We shake our heads at people that are racists. We can empathize but we dont agree with them.

Ex-mayor injects race into primary - CNN.com

I dont know who "we" is. Do you mean you speak for all black people? Those in your family? Just yourself?
the truth is there are things said in the black community that get out that if whites had said it would be labeled racist. This is undeniable.

In the white community, we recognize there are racists, but we look down on them and mock them for their shallow stupidity. In the black community, they call them civil rights leaders. That's not the same at all.

You're badly misinformed. We shake our heads at people that are racists. We can empathize but we dont agree with them.

I dont know who "we" is. Do you mean you speak for all black people? Those in your family? Just yourself?
the truth is there are things said in the black community that get out that if whites had said it would be labeled racist. This is undeniable.

Let me get the rules straight. I am allowed to represent the entire Black population when it comes to solving problems in my community but not in any other situations?

The same thing the white community will do to get rid of its racism.
What a cop out.
The white community has largely put racism behind it. It is socially unacceptable as well as legally prohibited.
The black community engages in the most outrageous racism against whites scot free.

The black community--the inner city one that is responsible for crime and low achievement--is in the situation they are because of anti-social failing mores and actions. This is the view of such noted racists as Bill Cosby. Blaming whitey and racism is a cop out of responsibility and simply wrong.

I had to laugh at your second sentence. There are more racists on this board than i thought would ever be possible. Those are just the blatant ones that are KKK members. there are a lot of others on here I think are racist but don't realize it. I am going with the notion that these boards just attract the divisive type and holding out hope you are right. Racism is not illegal and I dont know where you got that from. Discrimination is illegal in certain situations. Can you tell me where the Black community gets a free pass for being racist? You seem to keep missing it. I dont blame white people for failures at all. I only blame the racist ones for putting up additional road blocks and then crying about the results. People give up when they dont have hope. A child born in the ghetto almost has to be super human in order to be successful. I'd love to see what whites would do if placed in the same situation for as long as Blacks have had to endure.

There are a couple of people here who are racists. You';ll find that everyplace there is anonymity. But strangely all the black people on this board (and they are self described) exhibit racist tendencies.

Discrimination in many areas is illegal. Those happen to be the areas that blacks should be most concerned with.
The black community gets a pass in the press, on college campuses, and in public life for its racism.

It is hardly true that a child must be super human to succeed. I have several customers who grew up in poor households and are now in their 20s and early 30s and they are successful people. It means not succumbing to the negative culture in the ghetto. The one I've been outlining here for 4 pages and which you deny exists.

Let me get the rules straight. I am allowed to represent the entire Black population when it comes to solving problems in my community but not in any other situations?

You seem to want to speak for the entire black community so you get to suggest solutions as well. If you want to speak just for yourself go right ahead but clue us in this is what you're doing.

What a cop out.
The white community has largely put racism behind it. It is socially unacceptable as well as legally prohibited.
The black community engages in the most outrageous racism against whites scot free.

The black community--the inner city one that is responsible for crime and low achievement--is in the situation they are because of anti-social failing mores and actions. This is the view of such noted racists as Bill Cosby. Blaming whitey and racism is a cop out of responsibility and simply wrong.

I had to laugh at your second sentence. There are more racists on this board than i thought would ever be possible. Those are just the blatant ones that are KKK members. there are a lot of others on here I think are racist but don't realize it. I am going with the notion that these boards just attract the divisive type and holding out hope you are right. Racism is not illegal and I dont know where you got that from. Discrimination is illegal in certain situations. Can you tell me where the Black community gets a free pass for being racist? You seem to keep missing it. I dont blame white people for failures at all. I only blame the racist ones for putting up additional road blocks and then crying about the results. People give up when they dont have hope. A child born in the ghetto almost has to be super human in order to be successful. I'd love to see what whites would do if placed in the same situation for as long as Blacks have had to endure.

There are a couple of people here who are racists. You';ll find that everyplace there is anonymity. But strangely all the black people on this board (and they are self described) exhibit racist tendencies.

Discrimination in many areas is illegal. Those happen to be the areas that blacks should be most concerned with.
The black community gets a pass in the press, on college campuses, and in public life for its racism.

It is hardly true that a child must be super human to succeed. I have several customers who grew up in poor households and are now in their 20s and early 30s and they are successful people. It means not succumbing to the negative culture in the ghetto. The one I've been outlining here for 4 pages and which you deny exists.

A couple means 2. There are way more than that. It doesn't surprise me that Black people on this board would exhibit racist tendencies. Whites enslaved our ancestors. Whites sicked dogs on our grandparents and parents just because they wanted equal treatment. Does it really come as a shock to you that Blacks dont trust white people to do right? Yes discrimination is illegal but nowadays any complaints are called playing the race card.

Several customers doesn't make for a population. I know the stuff I had to shake off to be successful. Every Black person on my level economically has pretty much the same story if they grew up in the environment I did. The ones that already were middle class can relate to the racism but not the additional struggles of growing up poor in the ghetto. if you have never had the unique combination of being Black and growing up in a dangerous poor environment you cant even guess as to how strong you have to be to make it out.

You seem to want to speak for the entire black community so you get to suggest solutions as well. If you want to speak just for yourself go right ahead but clue us in this is what you're doing.

Well you just posed the question. I was clarifying things.

You tend to use "they" a lot when you are referring to "the Blacks" and "the Black Culture", as well as "the Black community".

A couple means 2. There are way more than that. It doesn't surprise me that Black people on this board would exhibit racist tendencies. Whites enslaved our ancestors. Whites sicked dogs on our grandparents and parents just because they wanted equal treatment. Does it really come as a shock to you that Blacks dont trust white people to do right? Yes discrimination is illegal but nowadays any complaints are called playing the race card.

Several customers doesn't make for a population. I know the stuff I had to shake off to be successful. Every Black person on my level economically has pretty much the same story if they grew up in the environment I did. The ones that already were middle class can relate to the racism but not the additional struggles of growing up poor in the ghetto. if you have never had the unique combination of being Black and growing up in a dangerous poor environment you cant even guess as to how strong you have to be to make it out.

OK there are more than 2 racists. And one of them is you. I am white. You want to blame me for siccing dogs on your ancestors. My ancestors were in Russia at the time. So obviously I am blameless here.
You want to generalize a lot. Not all white people enslaved your ancestors. Not all black people's ancestors were enslaved (like Barack Obama).
I agree that people who make it out of the ghetto deserve respect for overcoming difficult circumstances. But there is no reason everyone can't do that. The ghetto is of their own making.

So why are you so silent about Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson?

What do you mean by silent?

Sharpton and Jackson have their right to express their opinions, just like Buchannan and O'Reilly have a right to express their opinions. Why do some people think that "the Blacks" have to march against Sharpton and Jackson, just because those people don't "approve" of what Sharpton and Jackson say or do? ? Are those same people who ask that question out protesting against Tom Metzger, Don Black, Pat Buchanan, etc.?

What a cop out.

That's a crock of crap! I'm part Black and I am not "racist" or have "racist tendencies". There are plenty of others here too, do you think that Randall Flag is a racist or has racist tendencies?

OK there are more than 2 racists. And one of them is you. I am white. You want to blame me for siccing dogs on your ancestors. My ancestors were in Russia at the time. So obviously I am blameless here.
You want to generalize a lot. Not all white people enslaved your ancestors. Not all black people's ancestors were enslaved (like Barack Obama).
I agree that people who make it out of the ghetto deserve respect for overcoming difficult circumstances. But there is no reason everyone can't do that. The ghetto is of their own making.

I dont blame you specifically for anything other than being your typical deny to the very end average white person. You generalize all the time so I can do it as well. Not every white enslaved Blacks but a very large majority supported the institution that did. Matter of fact some states went to war over it. I never said all whites promoted Jim Crow. However the National Guard had to be called out to enforce desegregation. I never said some whites did not assist in Blacks obtaining Civil Rights but some did have to give their lives over it along with innocent Blacks. I wasn't saying that Blacks that make it out of the ghetto need extra kudos. What I was saying is don't attempt to tell me how simple it is to shake off 400 years of racial oppression until youve actually done it yourself.

There are more racists on this board than i thought would ever be possible. Those are just the blatant ones that are KKK members.

Has anyone here claimed to be a KKK member? I must have missed that.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQdegXgi4qY&feature=player_embedded]ZoNATION: Martin Luther King's Message to be Respected - YouTube[/ame]

very astute.

Forum List

Back