🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

50 years later: has government dependency helped or hurt blacks?

I remember attending a lecture that Milton Friedman gave years ago where he was asked by a rather liberal student from the audience why he thought he was qualified to make policy that affected the poor when he himself had never been poor.

First, Friedman informed the young pup that his first job paid something like 85 cents for an 8 hour work day.

Then he kind of smiled and asked the young man if he had cancer...would he not let a doctor cure him if that doctor had never had cancer?

The student blushed and sat down. It was pretty classic Friedman.

It could be because you have established that anything you don't want to hear is a "challenge" and therefore "bad manners" and also a sign of a "racist" = you are unwilling and unable to "learn new things." All you really want is an echo chamber (like that provided by sycophants such as closed caption) and self-affirmation. For all your talk of "education," you don't seem to understand what it is.

Maybe you misunderstand. I have said this many times. If you want to criticize instead of looking for solutions I'm not your man. If you want to ask questions to gather information about an issue you dont have insight to then we can talk.

You can officially shut the fuck up about valuing 'education,' racist. YOU are part of the problem.

I didnt mean to get to you and elicit that type of emotional response. You better watch your blood pressure Unk. I'm concerned about you. :lol:

Simple question. Can I tell you what its like to be white if I have never been white?

All Americans have something to say about the issues affecting America, you idiotic, racist douche. 'Black' Congressmen are every bit as legitimate as 'white' ones in discussing, debating, and enacting legislation that will largely affect 'white' Americans. Female legislators are every bit as qualified, equipped, and appropriate in considering issues that will affect males largely or exclusively. An albino, lesbian, conjoined twin with a speech impediment who is AN AMERICAN CITIZEN has every interest, qualification, and legitimacy in considering the matters facing our country as any other, YOU IGNORANT, DIVISIVE, FUCK.

Education you say? Go get yourself some before pretending you have anything to teach "kids in the ghetto" or anyone else, including house pets, you damn idiot.

Can you make up your mind? Is it a problem with Black people or is it an American problem? The reason I ask is because you gave me the impression it was a Black societal problem. You have to nail down your talking points or you will seem scatter brained and angry. I'm sure you dont want people thinking that about you do you?

You accuse people of being racists and then profess shock that they are angry about it? You're the classic internet troll...you're not bright enough to have a serious discussion about issues...so you turn every string you enter into a pissing contest, while protesting your innocence.

You're the dumb kid who makes farting noises in the back of class because he wants to get throw out before everyone realizes just how stupid he is.

Ba...Bam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You tell 'em, Unk! LOL

well if that is not the cutest thing!! :lol: Tell me the truth. Do you 2 have matching panties to go with your pom poms?

Tell me about Freudian slips again, Asclepias! I love it when posers like you try to use big words and concepts so that people will think they're "deep" only to end up revealing how uneducated you really are.:lol:

I remember attending a lecture that Milton Friedman gave years ago where he was asked by a rather liberal student from the audience why he thought he was qualified to make policy that affected the poor when he himself had never been poor.

First, Friedman informed the young pup that his first job paid something like 85 cents for an 8 hour work day.

Then he kind of smiled and asked the young man if he had cancer...would he not let a doctor cure him if that doctor had never had cancer?

Well Old it looks like you have really stooped to a low point. Either you are lying or you are more ignorant than I thought. Which is it? No intelligent person would say something like that unless he knew the person he was talking to would just except it. Only a simpleton would be swayed or impressed by that analogy. Let me illuminate where that analogy (you probably made up) falls downs, breaks both kneecaps, and cant get back up. A doctor goes to school and studies to learn about the human body and the ailments that may afflict it. They dont go in with a preconceived notion they already know everything necessary to be a doctor. They listen to those that have gone before them and are knowledgeable.

You havent sat and studied at the feet of people that know more than you about the Black condition. You and other white people that are buttsore about me saying whites should not be offering solutions until they actually know what they are talking about are the worst kind of racists. You have a superiority complex that seems to get you quite riled up when a Black person dares suggest they know more about being Black than a white person does. Why is that? :lol:

You and other white people that are buttsore about me saying whites should not be offering solutions until they actually know what they are talking about are the worst kind of racists.

No, YOU are the worst kind of racist. The very worst kind.

Well Old it looks like you have really stooped to a low point. Either you are lying or you are more ignorant than I thought. Which is it? No intelligent person would say something like that unless he knew the person he was talking to would just except it. Only a simpleton would be swayed or impressed by that analogy. Let me illuminate where that analogy (you probably made up) falls downs, breaks both kneecaps, and cant get back up. A doctor goes to school and studies to learn about the human body and the ailments that may afflict it. They dont go in with a preconceived notion they already know everything necessary to be a doctor. They listen to those that have gone before them and are knowledgeable.

You havent sat and studied at the feet of people that know more than you about the Black condition. You and other white people that are buttsore about me saying whites should not be offering solutions until they actually know what they are talking about are the worst kind of racists. You have a superiority complex that seems to get you quite riled up when a Black person dares suggest they know more about being Black than a white person does. Why is that? :lol:

So under your "rule" whites should excuse themselves from offering solutions that involve any other race because the pigmentation of their skin prevents them from knowing what they are talking about? I take it that blacks should also refrain from offering solutions that involve whites...or Hispanics...or American Indians? So how does it work with mixed race individuals? If you're half black and half Asian does that mean you can't offer solutions to either or is it done on a percentage allotment? I don't think you should REALLY be speaking for blacks, Asclapias...since you've admitted that you're not 100% black! It's obvious that you couldn't possibly understand the travails of a "true" black man because you're part Indian!

Friedman's point was well taken...you don't need to have HAD cancer to cure it...you don't need to BE poor to offer solutions to get people out of poverty...and you don't need to BE black to offer solutions to problems inherent in the black community. As usual you're spouting nonsense.

So under your "rule" whites should excuse themselves from offering solutions that involve any other race because the pigmentation of their skin prevents them from knowing what they are talking about? I take it that blacks should also refrain from offering solutions that involve whites...or Hispanics...or American Indians? So how does it work with mixed race individuals? If you're half black and half Asian does that mean you can't offer solutions to either or is it done on a percentage allotment? I don't think you should REALLY be speaking for blacks, Asclapias...since you've admitted that you're not 100% black! It's obvious that you couldn't possibly understand the travails of a "true" black man because you're part Indian!

Excellent points, excellent questions.

Let's see if they get a straight response.

Friedman's point was well taken...you don't need to have HAD cancer to cure it...you don't need to BE poor to offer solutions to get people out of poverty...and you don't need to BE black to offer solutions to problems inherent in the black community. As usual you're spouting nonsense.

Its totally amazing you appear to be this feeble minded! Feel free to read this as many times as necessary to let it seep into your brain. If you are a person that is not Black and you wish to help with an issue you claim is a Black issue. First ask permission. Then close your mouth so you can listen and learn what variables or dynamics may be at play that you have no clue about. If you have a solution after that then you may offer it.

Yes Blacks should not offer solutions without asking permission and learning if it concerns another race. Same with anyone that is not in the condition being discussed or had experience with it. Why would that be any different from what I am saying to you? Its called not being rude and presumptuous. Since to all appearances I am Black and experienced the conditions in the environment this thread alludes to then I grant myself membership in the totally Black club. You do realize that Black comes in all flavors and mixed people have a pass as well right? We dont make up laws to exclude like the "one drop" rule.

Are you sure the guy in your story was not you? It seems Friedman played with your head. He didn't point out to you that you had to be knowledgeable about curing cancer before you can cure it. How did you miss that simple truth? :lol:

Last edited:
quite a few of them gave me the impression you felt it was a problem with Black culture. Is that your stance or not?

What is "it"?

The title of the thread. Is it your position or not that this is a problem with Black culture?

I wonder when the black people are going to ever get out of the slave mentality . how many more years are they going to remain under the Democrat masters chains ?

What is "it"?

The title of the thread. Is it your position or not that this is a problem with Black culture?

I wonder when the black people are going to ever get out of the slave mentality . how many more years are they going to remain under the Democrat masters chains ?

Depends on how long racist members of Repubs and our society get to make political decisions that affect Black people adversely. Is there a time limit?

Forum List

Back