🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

50 years later: has government dependency helped or hurt blacks?

First you indicated a limited vocabulary, and now it seems you struggle with reading comprehension.

Maybe for you personally education really IS the answer. You sure need some.

So I take it you had no reason for the mystery link? You just wanted to converse with me more?

Now I know why you refuse to back up your claims with proof. You don't know how.

So now you are an indian? You are one strange dude.

So now you are an indian? You are one strange dude.

What do you have against Native Americans, bigot?

I have a great bond with Native Americans. One of my grandparents is half Blackfoot. Another is half Ottawa. What makes you think I'm a bigot? You posted the video.

Well, under the rules you yourself have established here, Unkotare gets to decide if you are a bigot or a racist because he was the one being challenged by you.

So if he says you're a bigot, you're a bigot.

Right?

Last edited:
No, because we're playing by Asclepia's rules which means HE gets to decide who's a bigot and who's not and that decision cannot be challenged! We know this because he's told us so!

I have a great bond with Native Americans. One of my grandparents is half Blackfoot. Another is half Ottawa. What makes you think I'm a bigot? You posted the video.

Well, under the rules you yourself have established here, Unkotare gets to decide if you are a bigot or a racist because he was the one being challenged by you.

Right?

More than that, I don't like his "manners," therefore he is a racist.

Right?

Youre confused Mac. He challenged me. He asked what I had against Native Americans.

Right?

Youre confused Mac. He challenged me. He asked what I had against Native Americans.

And he was responding to something you said.

It's not much fun being accused of hating an entire group of people when you don't.

Is it?

Right?

It's not much fun being accused of hating an entire group of people when you don't.

Is it?

No I was responding to him posting a video about an Native American crying. It only bothers you if its true and you dont want anyone to know. I thought it was funny seeing as I have Native American in me. So yes it was fun.

I see you had no response or input to my answering your question and instead have fallen back to taking potshots. Is that what you do when you run out of ways to counter a persons point or you no longer have a point yourself?

Last edited:

Is it?

No I was responding to him posting a video about an Native American crying. It only bothers you if its true and you dont want anyone to know. I thought it was funny seeing as I have Native American in me. So yes it was fun.

I see you had no response or input to my answering your question and instead have fallen back to taking potshots. Is that what you do when you run out of ways to counter a persons point or you no longer have a point yourself?

Let me make this as clear as I can.

There was a point to what Unkotare and I said/did. You said something about Native Americans and Unkotare did to you what is done constantly to many people: He accused you of hating Native Americans even though he knows you don't. Even though what you said gave no indication that you hate anyone. He used it as a weapon to put you on the defensive, and it worked. I jumped in to add to it. It annoyed you that someone thinks you hate Native Americans and you defended yourself. It's all right there, black & white, on the screen.

Do you see the point that is being made here?

It happened to you just once, on an internet message board, and it bothered you enough to make you defend yourself. On multiple posts. You're human, that's understandable. Now multiply that by about a thousand, a hundred thousand, and perhaps you'll understand why some animosities don't go away -- or even increase -- because some people are tired of constantly being put on the defensive over something that just isn't true.

Being told you hate someone when you don't -- or maybe when you just disagree with them -- is not very pleasant, especially when it's done over and over. No, I'm not whining, this is just part of life, but it's a part of life I definitely want to battle in my own little way. This little exercise could be instructive, though. It was textbook.

Aw, hell, maybe you don't get this. Never mind.

Last edited:

Is it?

There was a point to what Unkotare and I said/did. You said something about Native Americans and Unkotare did to you what is done constantly to many people: He accused you of hating Native Americans even though he knows you don't. Even though what you said gave no indication that you hate anyone. He used it as a weapon to put you on the defensive, and it worked. I jumped in to add to it. It annoyed you that someone thinks you hate Native Americans and you defended yourself. It's all right there, black & white, on the screen.

It happened to you just once, on an internet message board, and it bothered you enough to make you defend yourself. On multiple posts. You're human, that's understandable. Now multiply that by about a thousand, a hundred thousand, and perhaps you'll understand why some animosities don't go away -- or even increase -- because some people are tired of constantly being put on the defensive over something that just isn't true.

Being told you hate someone when you don't -- or maybe when you just disagree with them -- is not very pleasant, especially when it's done over and over. No, I'm not whining, this is just part of life, but it's a part of life I definitely want to battle in my own little way. This little exercise could be instructive, though. It was textbook.

You're not making anything clear. Actually you're over complicating it. I wasn't bothered or annoyed simply because I thought it was amusing. To be honest most of the things you guys say are amusing because both of you seem to get butthurt and lash out in anger even though you may have started it. I simply asked you to address the points I made and you cant even do that because youre too buttsore. My question is why even argue if you have no point, no position, and no response to my explanation? You seemed to be brighter than most. What happened?

You're not making anything clear. Actually you're over complicating it. I wasn't bothered or annoyed simply because I thought it was amusing. To be honest most of the things you guys say are amusing because both of you seem to get butthurt and lash out in anger even though you may have started it. I simply asked you to address the points I made and you cant even do that because youre too buttsore. My question is why even argue if you have no point, no position, and no response to my explanation? You seemed to be brighter than most. What happened?

What happened is I put some effort into explaining something that you either don't or won't understand.

As I said, never mind.

What happened is I put some effort into explaining something that you either don't or won't understand.

As I said, never mind.

I understand what you are saying but you just happen to be wrong in this instance. What Unk did was amusing not bothersome. However, if you wish to feel that it did bother me then go ahead. If for some reason i offended you by assuming you were racist I apologize if you are in fact not.

To end to this I will summarize my thoughts. The OP's question is a false question on several fronts. It ignores pyschological and sociological scientific facts and precedes to blame a condition on a relatively recent occurance. It goes on to imply the conditions that created the need for this occurance are now completely gone from our society. The question ignores the past 400 years of racial oppression in favor of the past 50 years of support. It also ignores the fact that Black people are not a monolithic society with a black and white set of values and norms. This means not all Blacks are poor, ignorant, and violent. It also means that not all Blacks are wealthy, knowledgable, and peaceful. Its a range and any Black person can fall anywhere in that spectrum.

Now on to the solution. I propose that education is what will help the remainder of Black people still stuck in a slave mentality. Education in the form of world history, interpersonal skills, leadership, and wealth building. Once they know the true history of the world and their place in it, eyes will begin to open and their understanding of why they exhibit certain destructive behaviors will be clear. Equipped with this knowledge they can now proceed to leave the excuse making behind, go through or around any remaining racial obstacles, and succeed at a high level like a lot of Blacks already do. As always the final step is to pay it forward and commit to teach at least one...and hopefully many more.

It also ignores the fact that Black people are not a monolithic society with a black and white set of values and norms. .

And yet you go on and on about how black people have their own culture and don't need to emulate 'white culture'...

:eusa_whistle:

As I said, never mind.

It was a valiant effort, Mac...but what you're running headlong into is Asclepia's self delusion that he's smarter than you are. This of course explains why when HE is criticized it's because you are "butthurt" and "lashing out in anger"...not because you have a valid point and when he criticizes YOU it's because he's right and you need things explained to you since you're obviously not intelligent enough to grasp insightful commentary.

I find it rather amusing to watch. I've got a feeling he's one of those guys that doesn't get invited out to dinner often by the same people because nobody wants to sit through two hours of him holding forth on what needs to be done to correct the world. Especially when his solutions are usually something that make good bumper stickers rather than an actual viable idea.

But I'm sure that Asclepias thinks he's the "perfect" dinner companion...why? Because that's what he's convinced himself is true. :cool:

Last edited:
It also ignores the fact that Black people are not a monolithic society with a black and white set of values and norms. .

And yet you go on and on about how black people have their own culture and don't need to emulate 'white culture'...

:eusa_whistle:

Did you misunderstand,r not continue to read, or did you purposely leave out the rest of the comment? White culture is the very last culture Blacks should be emulating.

Forum List

Back