🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

50 yrs ago, mac's burger was 20c

Well to be fair if this is another attack on labor, what was McDonald's profits in the 60's verses 2018 ??? Do you believe in structural ladder wage programs, and in profit sharing programs in which would have kept workers from crying to the government to force a minimum wage hike because everything was going up instead of their ability to keep Pace with the pace of the economy they were being forced into ??

There were reports of corporations like McDonald's having sessions with it's employees in order to train them on how to become subsidized by the government because they were working for wages that were well below the poverty line.
Walmart has the same issue.

I agree with the late Ted Kennedy about a living wage for all workers.
I just agree with all companies having an entrance wage that is set to train or test the employee with for the first 6 months, then if the employee passes the 6 month trial, he or she should enter into a ladder system where the employee see's a future progression in his or her pay for their contributions, loyalty, and timed served. After one year they should enter the profit sharing program, and move on from there to make their stay at the company a worth while venture for all parties involved.

now, at $1.20, it's a loss-leader. Most things cost 8x what they did in 1968, and people were CLEARING $5 an hour, doing mere assemblyline work. If you're not clearing $40 an hour, you're screwing the pooch, big time.

When I was a kid, my parents would give us 50 cents on a Saturday to go see a movie.

Sometimes, I got a dollar. This is how I would spend it:

25 cents for the movie

5 cents for a Look bar

5 cents for a Sugar Daddy (lost a tooth on one of those during the Brides of Dracula and Jack the Ripper double feature)

5 cents for a Bug Hunk

Then after the movie

25 cents for a cheeseburger

20 cents for a milkshake

And then later, I would go buy a Superman comic for 12 cents. And with the pennies left over, gum.

Note: I wouldn't eat all that candy, I would save most for later on in the week.
White privilege... ROTFLMBO

I remember the days when a fast food burger actually tasted like a burger.
Now you have to go to a Five Guys or an In and Out.
Every resteraunt started out trying hard to get your business, and using the best servers, recipes, and contents to have you wanting more and more. The betrayal came when they established themselves completely by having your complete loyalty to them as a customer, and this as based on your overall experience with them, but then they start looking for ways to increase their profits by taking away from your experience in hopes you wouldn't notice, and if you did notice (well they didn't care at this point) because they were established and no longer needed you anymore.

So ever so cleverly, they start using less quality meats and vegetables, less quality servers and cooks, less quality service as they enrich themselves off of the monopoly they are then enjoying.

Now how to change these things is anyones guess......Maybe one should make sure to support a smaller operation in which you have more input and control over is the answer.

Forcing resteraunt operations to uphold standards by a resteraunt watchdog group is another way, who knows ?
God, this post is nothing but negativity. Must be a bitch to be you.
Sounds like it was a b for you to read it.. lol

The truth does have a sting to it.

I remember the days when a fast food burger actually tasted like a burger. Now you have to go to a Five Guys or an In and Out.
I love Five Guys!
Does anyone remember those White Castle cheeseburgers? They were the size of a slider for 10 cents and delicious...we would wash my dads car and scarf out at White Castle for hours....
I haven't been to a White Castle in forever. Are chicken rings still on their menu?
I remember when McDonald's sold hamburgers and cheeseburgers.

Now you have to order the cheeseburger with no cheese... and you still pay for the cheese...

At least that's the way it is for the Quarter Pounder...
The McDonald's in my area still have cheeseburgers.

God bless you three always!!!

Holly

I haven't been to a White Castle in forever. Are chicken rings still on their menu?
Haven't been there since I was a kid living in Illinois...Tried the burgers frozen from a California store once but the taste wasn't as I remembered...

I like the egg white delight or did until they changed their white cheese a few weeks ago...now I'm back to making my own breakfast....probably healthier...

now, at $1.20, it's a loss-leader. Most things cost 8x what they did in 1968, and people were CLEARING $5 an hour, doing mere assemblyline work. If you're not clearing $40 an hour, you're screwing the pooch, big time.

As late as 1975 I think I was able to get 5 hamburgers at McDonalds for a $1. It might have been a sale or something.

As late as 1975 I think I was able to get 5 hamburgers at McDonalds for a $1. It might have been a sale or something.
wow. but we're they worm burgers?

Forum List

Back