5'2", 110lbs. Can you handle him?

Very small, but growing so probably in your acceptable range. Regardless, cops are trained to avoid harming innocent people. If they used a potato cannon to kill him that would be even a smaller statistic. :cuckoo:

:rofl:

Once again Ravi betrays her abject ignorance of statistics. :lol:

Actually, if they killed him with potato cannon, I'd wager all I own the death RATE would be much much higher. Probably something like 1 out of 1... What a fuck'n dolt. :rofl:

will you ask shit for brains Ravi how he knows ahead of time they are "innocent" people.. this will be good.. where's the effen popcorn???
You've obviously never known any cops...of course they don't know, hence they are trained to make the best judgment they can make. These cops blew it big time.

I'm not accusing these cops of murder either. I think that they used poor judgement in tasering the kid. I think the force they used was unnecessary but I certainly don't think they thought they were going or intended to kill the kid ... that's silly.

We agre it was accidental then?Debate over.

Of course it was accidental. There was no intent to kill the kid, IMO. My position is that kid didn't have to be tazed in the first place and had they used proper judgment he'd be alive.
Exactly. It's really funny how Roomy (actually pretty surprising) is inferring otherwise. Not surprising that Willow and Mani are making the same faulty inference.

:rofl:

Once again Ravi betrays her abject ignorance of statistics. :lol:

Actually, if they killed him with potato cannon, I'd wager all I own the death RATE would be much much higher. Probably something like 1 out of 1... What a fuck'n dolt. :rofl:

will you ask shit for brains Ravi how he knows ahead of time they are "innocent" people.. this will be good.. where's the effen popcorn???
You've obviously never known any cops...of course they don't know, hence they are trained to make the best judgment they can make. These cops blew it big time.

Only because you have the benefit of hindsight. I bet they did not weigh the kid and check his height before pursuing him, now, did they? Ever reel in a fish that struggles a lot more than it looks like it should when you pull it out of the water and see how small it really is?

If they had pumped him full of a few rounds, then there would be no question the use of force, undeniably deadly, was excessive.

A taser on a struggling suspect in a dark vacant house in Detroit might very well be reasonable force.

Didn't read the rest of the thread. Since this was a routine traffic stop, and the kid that jumped out and ran wasn't the one driving, I can't even see how the cops could justify chasing him. SCOTUS recently ruled that they can't search a car anymore when a car is pulled over for a traffic stop so not sure how they'd even be justified in chasing a passenger. :eusa_eh:

I read the thread, moron. I am aware he fled. What the hell makes you think cops are not justified for chasing somebody who flees a traffic stop?

Didn't read the rest of the thread. Since this was a routine traffic stop, and the kid that jumped out and ran wasn't the one driving, I can't even see how the cops could justify chasing him. SCOTUS recently ruled that they can't search a car anymore when a car is pulled over for a traffic stop so not sure how they'd even be justified in chasing a passenger. :eusa_eh:

You haven't read the whole thread then, we covered that.

And the verdict was?

And the verdict was?

1. No one innocent runs from cops, unless the parents really screwed up and didn't explain to them what the cops jobs are.

2. the cops have to protect everyone, not just one person, thus if someone runs (which is against the law to begin with) they have a good reason to want to check to be sure they don't pose a threat to others, thus, they have to pursue by law because of point 1.

3. They had no way of knowing why the kid ran or what the kid had done, thus, they used a taser which generally has the lowest risk of danger to both them (would you want to tackle someone you don't know and hope they don't have a gun or knife) and the perp.

Kitten, you are not thinking in these "real world" terms you love to talk about so much. You are not using common sense. You keep trying to deflect with these tackling and "bump on the head" excuses. Think for just a minute. Stop just jogging numbers, stop being an internet ten second genius and think.

Know why cops don't die from stun guns?

Know why control study groups don't die?

Know why only a very few die of electrocution?

Knwo why the stats are wrong?

Know why the makers of these things can mislead the cops and get them to buy and use these things?

Because they are simple minded, like you.

The misleading thing about these statistics you like so much are the same things the makers like about the stats. They reflect only the few who actually die from electrocution. But why the big difference in the controls and in the real world? Because of that nasty bump on the head you like to talk about so much. Becasue of the fall, because unlike in police training, there is no one catching you as you fall like a sack of potatos to the pavement.

When a man gets hit with a taser up on the roof and he crumples to the ground and smashes his skull open, know what the official cause of death is? Head trauma. The taser didn't officially kill him. The makers love the fact that they can keep that one out of the taser death colum. As a matter of fact, MOST deaths caused by tasers appear to be.......you're gonna love it, it's your favorite......a bump on the head. Yes kitten, that bump on the head you love to use to prove that tasers are so safe, well that is the most fatal taser injury of all.

Cop in New York tasered a mentally disabled boy on a ten foot ledge. He fell to the pavement face first. Killed him. Guess what? He didn't officially die from a taser. Died from a bump on the head.

Kitten, when you taser someone, it's like tackling them, bumping their head and shocking them all at once.

Let's think in the real world. Book learning is for dummies, remember?

1. No one innocent runs from cops, unless the parents really screwed up and didn't explain to them what the cops jobs are.
That isn't true at all. Cops inspire fear, which isn't a bad thing, but innocent people fear them...and cops KNOW this.

2. the cops have to protect everyone, not just one person, thus if someone runs (which is against the law to begin with) they have a good reason to want to check to be sure they don't pose a threat to others, thus, they have to pursue by law because of point 1.
Where is it written that running is against the law?

3. They had no way of knowing why the kid ran or what the kid had done, thus, they used a taser which generally has the lowest risk of danger to both them (would you want to tackle someone you don't know and hope they don't have a gun or knife) and the perp.
No, they had no way of knowing, that's where their training comes in. They have a bigger duty to protect the innocent.

Thanks for the effort, but none of that actually addressed my question.

That isn't true at all. Cops inspire fear, which isn't a bad thing, but innocent people fear them...and cops KNOW this.

No, they had no way of knowing, that's where their training comes in. They have a bigger duty to protect the innocent.

How did they know he was innocent?? he would not comply!

Cops do not "inspire fear" ... media does and criminals do. Get to know your local cops, I did, and I live in a big city with a force of hundreds. They are decent people, with the same cares and flaws everyone else has. They are not what you see in movies, barely what the TV shows depict them as. They are ... people, just like us, and most don't want to do their jobs at all if they don't have to, why, because every incident that they have to so much as investigate comes with a ton of paper work. Most get into the career because they want to help, not because they like chasing, arresting, or any other negative enforcement duty. The media rarely covers the good they do in the neighborhoods and almost always shows their mistakes, no matter how inane or small, they are always hyped beyond belief. Talk to them, get to know them. This "mean bad cop" image is generally spread by the uninformed, the criminals, and people who were not taught well. Respect is what they deserve, peace is all they ask for.

You really hate cops, don't you?

The cop often has little to do with it. The poor cop that tasered the kid in New York, the one that fell and busted his skull open, that cop blew his brains out the next day. Some idiot, like you, convinced him that taser wouldn't kill anyone. He didn't have enough sense to think about stunning a man to the ground from a ledge. Do you think that cop would have had the common sense not to push someone off a ledge? Think he might have a clue that a fall from aledge might kill someone if he pushed them off? Sure he would. But the taser makers conditioned him. His training conditioned him not think. Tasers don't kill.

The cop often has little to do with it. The poor cop that tasered the kid in New York, the one that fell and busted his skull open, that cop blew his brains out the next day. Some idiot, like you, convinced him that taser wouldn't kill anyone. He didn't have enough sense to think about stunning a man to the ground from a ledge. Do you think that cop would have had the common sense not to push someone off a ledge? Think he might have a clue that a fall from aledge might kill someone if he pushed them off? Sure he would. But the taser makers conditioned him. His training conditioned him not think. Tasers don't kill.

No, you are an idiot because you want to criminalize everything the cops do. When they were tackling everyone people like you were whining that it was too aggressive, so they start using tasers, now that's too risky, they even tried to appease you dolts with billy clubs at one time, but that was still to much force ... seriously, it's no wonder that criminals hold our country hostage so often.

Cops do not "inspire fear" ... media does and criminals do. Get to know your local cops, I did, and I live in a big city with a force of hundreds. They are decent people, with the same cares and flaws everyone else has. They are not what you see in movies, barely what the TV shows depict them as. They are ... people, just like us, and most don't want to do their jobs at all if they don't have to, why, because every incident that they have to so much as investigate comes with a ton of paper work. Most get into the career because they want to help, not because they like chasing, arresting, or any other negative enforcement duty. The media rarely covers the good they do in the neighborhoods and almost always shows their mistakes, no matter how inane or small, they are always hyped beyond belief. Talk to them, get to know them. This "mean bad cop" image is generally spread by the uninformed, the criminals, and people who were not taught well. Respect is what they deserve, peace is all they ask for.
I'm not talking about the media's image of them. They deserve respect, that doesn't mean people don't fear them. Cops make mistakes just like anyone else, having a gun and a badge doesn't make you perfect and any honest cop understands this and any good police force trains their cops to be the best they can be.

You crack me up, seriously.

Only because you have the benefit of hindsight. I bet they did not weigh the kid and check his height before pursuing him, now, did they? Ever reel in a fish that struggles a lot more than it looks like it should when you pull it out of the water and see how small it really is?

If they had pumped him full of a few rounds, then there would be no question the use of force, undeniably deadly, was excessive.

A taser on a struggling suspect in a dark vacant house in Detroit might very well be reasonable force.

How do you know it was dark? I didn't see that mentioned in the article.

No, you are an idiot because you want to criminalize everything the cops do. When they were tackling everyone people like you were whining that it was too aggressive, so they start using tasers, now that's too risky, they even tried to appease you dolts with billy clubs at one time, but that was still to much force ... seriously, it's no wonder that criminals hold our country hostage so often.

Now you are just lying. Are you capable of honest debate?

I have not suggested criminalizing anyone. Have I? Are you capable of rescinding that remark? Are you capable of acknowledging that anything that flies out your face is incorrect? Where have I even suggested criminalizing police?

Are you capable of understanding that a taser causes you to fall to the ground? Can you make that simple connection?

I doubt it. You are one that takes a position and you will keep it until hell freezes over. You are exactly the kind of person who gets hit with a taser.

I'm not talking about the media's image of them. They deserve respect, that doesn't mean people don't fear them. Cops make mistakes just like anyone else, having a gun and a badge doesn't make you perfect and any honest cop understands this and any good police force trains their cops to be the best they can be.

You crack me up, seriously.

People fear them because of the image from the media and what criminals say about them, as I said, you get to know them personally and you will not think like that at all.

Of course they make mistakes, so do a lot of doctors, rescue workers, fire fighters, NASA, but cops are the only ones being demonized for this and yet ... without them things would be a hell of a lot worse. Every time the cops do their best and get demonized for it, they feel less compelled to do their jobs. You are missing the point completely, they did what their training told them, which was decided by the people they work for. The accidental death is not their fault, there was a lot they could not have known, and they acted accordingly. If the kid was a gang banger and they tried to tackle him, they'd ALL be dead most likely, but with a taser, they all have a higher chance of walking away from it, period. You can't argue that. It is against the law to resist arrest (run from them), they are suppose to uphold the law, period, and are not suppose to let a possible risk to the public have the opportunity to harm others. Many times the cops let people off with "just a warning", basically avoiding more paper work since the offense is too small and no danger to others, but you don't hear about those.

Stop finding excuses to demonize them, start getting involved or just accept it. Unless you get involved in their lives and duties you have no room to complain, and if you did get involved with them on positive ground you would be on my side of the issue.

Forum List

Back