54 Christmas Trees???

The big tree cost $250,000.....so you don't want to add up 54 other trees.

A prefectly good tree living in Colorado was cut down for vanity....where o' where are the GREEN extremists on the left.....

In answer to your question

No, the Obama girls do not get presents under 54 trees

The trees are in the public areas of the White House and are spectacular. There is also a huge tree on the White House lawn that is very beautiful

national-christmas-tree.jpg
:lol: The big tree was also donated, just like it is every year.

Shhh, don't ruin such a fun thread with common sense.

Extremists dont mind ther cutting down of trees. They mind the mass destruction of the rain forests.

Know the cause before criticizing it.
What's extremist about supporting tree farms and being against cutting down the rain forests?

He's gonna rant regardless of the topic. It's a given. Like being called a "scumbag", just because you disagree. This type only deserves mockery. Doing anything else is just being an enabler to his insanity.

This thread sums up how fucked up this country is......wasting money on killing 54 trees then even more money on putting Christmas stuff on them for morons to walk through White House tours. Hell, just stop at 1-5 trees....or do 100 fake trees with the decorations paid for by Obamabot supporters.

Don't go on TV telling me to pay more in taxes when you are wasting money and trees on this bullshit.
You don't read anyone's posts but your own, do you?

Extremists dont mind ther cutting down of trees. They mind the mass destruction of the rain forests.

What's extremist about supporting tree farms and being against cutting down the rain forests?

Absolutely nothing. I was just straightening out GB....

The extremists are not the ones who want to stop mass destruction of the rain forests. The extremists are the ones who want to stop it and use extreme, often illegal measures to achieve it.

I was in no way cirticizing those that believe in a cause...whether I agree with the cause or not is irrelevant...however, I happen to believe mass destruction of the rain forests will likely result in such a sever disturbance in the food chain, that we will compromise the future of our society.

Shitbag....the overall cost is $250,000....that is what I said, not who paid for that specific tree.

Now, you're going to claim the "54" trees were FREE too? Oh, what about the electric bill and ornaments.....

The big tree cost $250,000.....so you don't want to add up 54 other trees.

A prefectly good tree living in Colorado was cut down for vanity....where o' where are the GREEN extremists on the left.....

In answer to your question

No, the Obama girls do not get presents under 54 trees

The trees are in the public areas of the White House and are spectacular. There is also a huge tree on the White House lawn that is very beautiful

national-christmas-tree.jpg
:lol: The big tree was also donated, just like it is every year.

He's gonna rant regardless of the topic. It's a given. Like being called a "scumbag", just because you disagree. This type only deserves mockery. Doing anything else is just being an enabler to his insanity.

excuse me?
Not sure where that came from. I have done no ranting on this topic other than possibly attack the jerk who started it.

So let's recap, most of the decorations and trees and people who decorate are free. The trees and decorations are in the public rooms, for the public to tour.

... What are we forgetting?

Ohhh yeah, touring isn't free! So we haven't factored in the revenue from ticket sales! So that's around $200 a ticket, times the hundred thousand people..... Hmmm ...

We should be outraged all year about government waste and excess, not just at holidays. Obama has plenty of company on this score.

54 dead trees and the decorations aren't free, idiot.

So let's recap, most of the decorations and trees and people who decorate are free. The trees and decorations are in the public rooms, for the public to tour.

Ohhh yeah, touring isn't free! So we haven't factored in the revenue from ticket sales! So that's around $200 a ticket, times the hundred thousand people..... Hmmm ...

HowStuffWorks "Decorate the White House for Christmas"

The tradition of decorating the White House for Christmas has a rich history that can be traced all the way back to 1889. It was then, during the presidency of Benjamin Harrison, that the first Christmas tree was displayed in the Oval Room. Since then, the simple act of placing a Christmas tree in the White House has evolved into a national tradition much larger in scale.

It was in 1929 that the tradition became an official White House event and since then the First Ladies have been responsible for decorating. Jackie Kennedy was the first to introduce a theme, a tradition that is still carried out today [source: Harris]. Then in 1973, the Nixon's opened the doors of the White House to volunteers who helped decorate for the Christmas season [source: Clinton]. Tens of thousands of visitors tour the White House every holiday season to see the decorations.

Volunteers come from all over the country and many of them are florists who own their own businesses. One way to volunteer is to contact the White House and find out what florists will be volunteering their time. If there is a florist near you, you can offer your assistance and ask to come along. If that isn't the case, you can also try writing to the White House Chief of Staff or the First Lady, making a strong case for your selection as a volunteer. Don't worry about writing too early either, holiday planning starts getting under way almost a year in advance.

Many Christmas volunteers are lucky in that they repeatedly get to provide their services. For example, florist George Griffith and Tom O'Brien, owners of a florist shop, have been volunteering during the holiday decorating season at the White House for more than 20 years [source: Griffi

Not all of them, but I'd bet more than half of everything used was donated.

Unlike you, many Americans take pride in the white house. It's considered an honor to be choose to volunteer to decorate. Each decorated tree has a theme and a plaque describing who the tree is dedicated to, with info about the decorations, tree, etc.

I also like how you demand to add the cost to decorate, but ignore the revenue it brings in. :)

Unlike you, many Americans take pride in the white house. It's considered an honor to be choose to volunteer to decorate. Each decorated tree has a theme and a plaque describing who the tree is dedicated to, with info about the decorations, tree, etc.

I also like how you demand to add the cost to decorate, but ignore the revenue it brings in. :)

Americans have to spend $200 to tour the WH?

Seriously????

That's fucking insane.

I see no reason to believe that 1/2 of the decorations are donated. That's what we lovingly refer to as an "ass number". A number pulled out of your ass. I'm fairly certain that close to 0 percent of the garlands and lights are "donated".

Americans have to spend $200 to tour the WH?

Seriously????

That's fucking insane.

I see no reason to believe that 1/2 of the decorations are donated. That's what we lovingly refer to as an "ass number". A number pulled out of your ass. I'm fairly certain that close to 0 percent of the garlands and lights are "donated".

And like usual, you would be wrong.

National Christmas Tree (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The National Christmas Tree - The History of the National Christmas Tree

White House Christmas Tree, West Virginia Couple Donates for Fourth Time - ABC News

If you have a point, make it. I generally don't read through random links unless the poster states the point they're proving. I'm not going to wade through three silly links trying to guess what it is you think you're proving. Garlands and lights are donated? Is that what the links support?

See what happens when we fight Iran or say China down the road.

Downsizing the military after 1 war always led to another war, dumbfuck....see World Wars I and II.

I doubt former troops that lost their jobs over budget cuts are impressed with your black messiah decorating the White House with 54 trees. 1 could've done the trick, but 54 is a poke in the eye of people looking for a job.

Guess what?

Iraq is over. Afghanistan will be concluded in 2014 and troop levels are already declining. The US has been pulling troops out of Europe for decades

We don't need as many troops as we needed five years ago. When their enlistment is up they will be sent home and many won't be replaced

That is how it works

even you can't be stupid enough to think we'll get into a war with china

or are you?

Forum List

Back