7 States With Highest Tax Burden...What do They Have in Common?

Republican states are the MOOCHER states
Sure. That tired ass argument. Why are people leaving blue states and moving to Sun Belt? Jobs.

if i couldn't compete with the best, i'd take a job at a 7-11 in arizona like you.

Sure. That tired ass argument. Why are people leaving blue states and moving to Sun Belt? Jobs.

if i couldn't compete with the best, i'd take a job at a 7-11 in arizona like you.
I have a Masters. Compete with “the best.” :laughing0301:

A better standard of living? A higher GDP? Better education?

NYC has better education?

LOLOLOLOL.

Unless of course you are in one of those gentrified neighborhoods, or have a sweet charter school hookup.

Or can afford to send your kids to private school.

NYC isn't a state. The highest earners in New York mostly live in the city. As a result tax dollars flow out of the city and into those gentrified suburban and rural areas to provide education funding. So you may be right. But not for the reasons you're alleging.

Remember we pay local income AND property taxes in the City, so we pay even more into education locally, not just via our State taxes.

And the suburbs also pay a pretty penny in property taxes to fund their own local education systems, even with additional State $$

Which just goes to show that the heavy tax burden does seem to correlated with a good educational system for most areas, i.e. the previously mentioned gentrified suburban and rural areas. People need to stop thinking of taxes as being inherently bad. High taxes aren't inherently bad. Wastefulness and inadequate public services is what's bad.

So here's the real question. If given a choice between high taxes sometimes spent wastefully providing merely adequate public services, or low taxes providing inadequate public services--which would be preferred?
Keynesian economics does not work.

If you knew what Keynesian economics was, you wouldn't be trying to cram it into this discussion.

My crystal ball says you work for the government and got affirmative action status when hired.:113:

LOLOLOLOL.

Unless of course you are in one of those gentrified neighborhoods, or have a sweet charter school hookup.

NYC isn't a state. The highest earners in New York mostly live in the city. As a result tax dollars flow out of the city and into those gentrified suburban and rural areas to provide education funding. So you may be right. But not for the reasons you're alleging.

Remember we pay local income AND property taxes in the City, so we pay even more into education locally, not just via our State taxes.

And the suburbs also pay a pretty penny in property taxes to fund their own local education systems, even with additional State $$

Which just goes to show that the heavy tax burden does seem to correlated with a good educational system for most areas, i.e. the previously mentioned gentrified suburban and rural areas. People need to stop thinking of taxes as being inherently bad. High taxes aren't inherently bad. Wastefulness and inadequate public services is what's bad.

So here's the real question. If given a choice between high taxes sometimes spent wastefully providing merely adequate public services, or low taxes providing inadequate public services--which would be preferred?

If you knew what Keynesian economics was, you wouldn't be trying to cram it into this discussion.
I do and the government does not create jobs. Entrepreneurs do.

LOLOLOLOL.

Entrepreneurs build our economy...not the government.

I do and the government does not create jobs. Entrepreneurs do.
Bullshit if the govt. doesn't produce jobs...

Entrepreneurs build our economy...not the government.

Then the assholes don't need the tax relief bill since they were producing plenty of jobs....

Democrats living in red states are mooches. Also, you try to factor in defense spending and that is not welfare. Red states have the military bases.

They have those bases as a form of welfare ! You think it’s an accident these hillbilly states are kept afloat by leeching off these huge bases ?

Forum List

Back