7 States With Highest Tax Burden...What do They Have in Common?

Republican states are the MOOCHER states
Democrats living in red states are mooches. Also, you try to factor in defense spending and that is not welfare. Red states have the military bases.

They have those bases as a form of welfare ! You think it’s an accident these hillbilly states are kept afloat by leeching off these huge bases ?
These AH red states and repubs in congress have been screwing blue states for over 50 years

I wouldn't classify the 7 states listed in the OP as the most costly states since they simply use the state income tax as its basis. I prefer WalletHub.com for a more accurate comparison on how states hit their citizens up for taxes. Last time I did a comparison it's less costly for me to put up with Arizona's income tax and my relatively low property taxes than just the property tax I'd be paying for a similar place in Texas.

(Tax Rates by State)

I wouldn't classify the 7 states listed in the OP as the most costly states since they simply use the state income tax as its basis. I prefer WalletHub.com for a more accurate comparison on how states hit their citizens up for taxes. Last time I did a comparison it's less costly for me to put up with Arizona's income tax and my relatively low property taxes than just the property tax I'd be paying for a similar place in Texas.

(Tax Rates by State)

8 of worst 11 are blue.

red states have the military bases because all the natives are capable of doing is running fryolators and gas stations.
Because the people are super patriotic.

Okay, and?

New York has 2nd highest GDP per capita, Oregon has 21st highest, Maryland 11th highest, Minnesota has the 14th highest, California the 8th highest, Massachusetts the 1st highest, Connecticut the 3rd highest.

What a surprise that the 1st, 2nd, 3rd highest states have higher taxes which they spend on stuff that helps them get richer......

21st is the lowest.
The higher income taxes means poorer people... and more violent crime.
BTW An income tax unconstitutional

Republican states are the MOOCHER states
Democrats living in red states are mooches. Also, you try to factor in defense spending and that is not welfare. Red states have the military bases.

They have those bases as a form of welfare ! You think it’s an accident these hillbilly states are kept afloat by leeching off these huge bases ?
Quit falling down the well, progressives invented freeloading

Okay, and?

New York has 2nd highest GDP per capita, Oregon has 21st highest, Maryland 11th highest, Minnesota has the 14th highest, California the 8th highest, Massachusetts the 1st highest, Connecticut the 3rd highest.

What a surprise that the 1st, 2nd, 3rd highest states have higher taxes which they spend on stuff that helps them get richer......

21st is the lowest.

7 States With Highest Tax Burden...What do They Have in Common?

A better standard of living? A higher GDP? Better education?

Better schools, better transportation, public facilities, better quality of life

Damn blue states

Hahaha....I love the...”But, but, but.....GDP!” bunch of LefTard bullshit....GDP does not translate into shit for your precious illegals and bottom feeders...you know this but you still cry out “GDP!”
In one post you whackos proclaim to hate financial inequality then in the next post you use the success of the elites to boast about GDP while the majority of your constituents live like human cockroaches....FUNNY SHIT!

And what do taxes mean for illegals exactly?

How many illegals are paying federal income tax?
Almost none. They get paid cash under the table.

Thanks for proving my point.

Classic cherry picking.

State and Local Sales Tax Rates in 2016 - Tax Foundation

The five states with the highest average local sales tax rates are Louisiana (5.01 percent), Alabama (4.93 percent), Colorado (4.54 percent), New York (4.48 percent), and Oklahoma (4.28 percent).

Here is the thing folks--------> Leftists want to point at sales tax in red states, that supplement their low rate of income tax.

Well, here is the thing------------>any logical working person making a decent living, would go along with that each, and every day of the working week, and twice on the weekend.

Why is that?

Simple actually! Unlike our idiotic Fed system, everyone who spends a dollar contributes to the state, and local treasury. Non of this------>boo-hoo, I only made 40 grand, so you owe me back more than I paid in. In essence, EVERYONE makes a contribution, thus their FAIRSHARE, and you would think Leftists would love that idea, but no, no, no they don't.............because how can they get certain groups to kiss their BLUE rearends to get special dispensation on income tax, if there isn't one-)

Classic cherry picking.

The five states with the highest average local sales tax rates are Louisiana (5.01 percent), Alabama (4.93 percent), Colorado (4.54 percent), New York (4.48 percent), and Oklahoma (4.28 percent).

Here is the thing folks--------> Leftists want to point at sales tax in red states, that supplement their low rate of income tax.

Well, here is the thing------------>any logical working person making a decent living, would go along with that each, and every day of the working week, and twice on the weekend.

Why is that?

Simple actually! Unlike our idiotic Fed system, everyone who spends a dollar contributes to the state, and local treasury. Non of this------>boo-hoo, I only made 40 grand, so you owe me back more than I paid in. In essence, EVERYONE makes a contribution, thus their FAIRSHARE, and you would think Leftists would love that idea, but no, no, no they don't.............because how can they get certain groups to kiss their BLUE rearends to get special dispensation on income tax, if there isn't one-)
Think trump got special dispensation on his taxes? Might be why he can't show them

Classic cherry picking.

Why is that?

Think trump got special dispensation on his taxes? Might be why he can't show them

I don't know, ask Rachel Maddow, she had his tax return. Oh wait, he paid millions on that one. Damn, I shouldn't have brought that up. So sorry, we will keep it between us, ok-)

Classic cherry picking.

Why is that?

I don't know, ask Rachel Maddow, she had his tax return. Oh wait, he paid millions on that one. Damn, I shouldn't have brought that up. So sorry, we will keep it between us, ok-)
Yeah just the one Why not the next one that might show the huge refund he got from those millions he paid? The guys a crook What is it about that you don't get?

Forum List

Back