8 Days Into June And Many Americans Are Still Waiting For Food Stamp Money

Grizz

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2015
"Widespread reports continue to pour in from all over the nation of “glitches” with the food stamp system. It is eight days into the month and large numbers of people still have not received their benefits, and in other instances it is being reported that EBT cards are simply not working correctly. So what in the world is going on here? On downdetector.com there are scores of reports of problems with the EBT system from people all over the nation. Could this simply be another example of government incompetence, or is something else at work here?"

EBT Card Outage? 8 Days Into June And Many Americans Are Still Waiting For Food Stamp Money | Zero Hedge

Interesting.

"Widespread reports continue to pour in from all over the nation of “glitches” with the food stamp system. It is eight days into the month and large numbers of people still have not received their benefits, and in other instances it is being reported that EBT cards are simply not working correctly. So what in the world is going on here? On downdetector.com there are scores of reports of problems with the EBT system from people all over the nation. Could this simply be another example of government incompetence, or is something else at work here?"

EBT Card Outage? 8 Days Into June And Many Americans Are Still Waiting For Food Stamp Money | Zero Hedge

Interesting.

Seeing as food stamps are distributed by the states, I'm not sure how this is a national issue, beyond coincidence? If anything, maybe it's a technological issue of some type. Everyone is switching to the new chip readers. Maybe there are flaws in the new devices.

They can't afford car, ins, license, daycare, clothes, lunch, gas etc. You can make more if you stay home and screw while kids in school. Vote Dem, they keep it going with raise for more kids. Maybe your boyfriends bring a pipe? Win win, Price is Right, the View.......shaddup BHO on again bashing working folks. Bring me a beer. Crap, kids home in 3 hours.....

What part of "distributed by the states" is beyond your comprehension?

You aren't very good at this, where do the States get their money for it?

"The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP),[1] formerly known as the Food Stamp Program, provides food-purchasing assistance for low- and no-income people living in the U.S". " It is a federal aid program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, under the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS), though benefits are distributed by each U.S. state's Division of Social Services or Children and Family Services."

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dumbass.

"The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP),[1] formerly known as the Food Stamp Program, provides food-purchasing assistance for low- and no-income people living in the U.S". " It is a federal aid program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, under the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS), though benefits are distributed by each U.S. state's Division of Social Services or Children and Family Services."

Dumbass.

Oy vey, why are you so fucking retarded? It's a federally funded program. Everyone knows this. But that is entirely, 100% irrelevant. The states are the ones who actually run the show. They get the money from the federal government and they set their own eligibility criteria, dispense the funds to individuals, etc. Each state does it independently, as they see fit. Though, as far as I know, every state at this point has moved to an EBT card system. IIRC, some states also contribute additional funding, at their own discretion.

What are you not understanding?

Dumbass.

Oy vey, why are you so fucking retarded? It's a federally funded program. Everyone knows this. But that is entirely, 100% irrelevant. The states are the ones who actually run the show. They get the money from the federal government and they set their own eligibility criteria, dispense the funds to individuals, etc. Each state does it independently, as they see fit. Though, as far as I know, every state at this point has moved to an EBT card system. IIRC, some states also contribute additional funding, at their own discretion.

What are you not understanding?

You aren't very good at this. Allow me to try and help you.
Now.....look at the OP, can you tell me what it's about?
It is about the money, is it not? Are you starting to get the picture or are you one of those Red Helmet special boys? Just in case you still can't get it...the "States" can't "distribute" moneys they don't have...and THAT is the point of the OP. As you aid, "OY VEY".

It is about the money, is it not?

Actually, there is nothing to support that assumption. As I pointed out earlier, for all we know it could be due to technical issues from the widescale rolling out of chip card readers.

Second, even if it is due to insufficient funds, the states are the ones who issue the funds to recipients.

Interesting.

Maybe they should get a job.

Actually, there is nothing to support that assumption. As I pointed out earlier, for all we know it could be due to technical issues from the widescale rolling out of chip card readers.

Second, even if it is due to insufficient funds, the states are the ones who issue the funds to recipients.

"the states are the ones who issue the funds to recipients"

How do they distribute funds that they may not have? You are just digging a deeper hole here.

How do they distribute funds that they may not have? You are just digging a deeper hole here.

Evidence that they don't have the funds? Seeing as this isn't happening everywhere, only in some places, that tends to indicate that it's not a failure at the federal level. It might be a failure with some states. But I'm still inclined to think that the main problem is likely technical, not financial.

Actually, both of you guys are wrong. Chase Bank is the one that allocates the funds to the EBT cards each month. :bye1:

Edit: Link provided JP Morgan’s Food Stamp Empire

Let the looting at Walmart begin. Fools gon lose they minds. I would advise staying away from Walmarts. It gon get ugly.

hqdefault.jpg

If the economy is so great which I see people write about here all the time...
Why do we need so many people on food stamps.
Because too many folks don't make enough money at their low income jobs, so they qualify for food aid, and or unemployment, welfare..
This may come as a shock, but a lot of folks wanna work, but sorry you can't live on 10 or 12 bucks an hour.

Guess that's why cities like Seattle, New York won't let a Wal Mart open up because they don't wanna have to pick up the slack from a lot of companies that pay horseshit wages .

A lot of folks that get food aid are disabled, or ex military who can't work , support the troops remember that?

Forum List

Back