80% of the Letitia James case for "Fraud" was tossed....statute of limitations

Is this an indication that the democrat's "lawfare" against Trump will fail?

• Yes

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
OP COMMENT: It is a fact that all these charges are bogus, the trials are rigged, and it is all election interference. The real question is, why so many democrats are choosing the lies and the hate and placing party over country?
In case you have your head so far up your ass that you missed it, many if not all of the witnesses for th prosecution-especially in the Jan 6 related charges. That in itself destroys your pathetic premis that the Democrats have fabricated charges against him.

Cheating is cheating. I have no idea if the loans were paid back or not, but if they were obtained fraudulently, that’s a problem!
/——-/ Court filings. No fraud involved, but you keep grasping at straws.

No one else is charged without a default and an actual victim. Democrats keep saying no one is "above" the law (except Democrats). But this proves yet again Democrats are going after your political opposition since no one but Trump would have been charged
Does there have to be a victim any time a law is broken? Isn’t the law justification in and of itself? This is simplistic, but if I’m stopped for speeding, where’s the victim?

Does there have to be a victim any time a law is broken? Isn’t the law justification in and of itself? This is simplistic, but if I’m stopped for speeding, where’s the victim?
In a civil case? Yes, typically there does. Can you name another instance where somone was sued in a civil case where there wasnt a victm?

In a civil case? Yes, typically there does. Can you name another instance where somone was sued in a civil case where there wasnt a victm?
I’m actually not convinced there was no victim. When someone commits fraud, society is the victim. Alternatively, a gain achieved by fraud becomes a gain not earned legitimately by someone else.

I’m actually not convinced there was no victim. When someone commits fraud, society is the victim. Alternatively, a gain achieved by fraud becomes a gain not earned legitimately by someone else.
Again typically in a civil case the victim brings the suit. If the NY DA believes a crime has been committed she should bring a criminal case. I think we all know why that's not happening.

Society isnt the "victim" if Trump over valued his assets and a bank gave him a better credit rate as a result. Nor were they the victim if he got better insurance rates because of it. Please.

Again typically in a civil case the victim brings the suit. If the NY DA believes a crime has been committed she should bring a criminal case. I think we all know why that's not happening.
DAs bring civil suits all the time: tax cases, zoning and building violations, illegal dumping, etc. Criminal charges may also be brought, but not necessarily.

Society isnt the "victim" if Trump over valued his assets and a bank gave him a better credit rate as a result. Nor were they the victim if he got better insurance rates because of it. Please.
Someone else didn’t. The DA represents all the citizens.

what crime? This is a civil case.

What testimony at trial? Provide the transcript.

What bank is claiming they were defrauded? Are any even a party to this lawsuit?
Civil charges are still crimes. Try and tell the IRS different.

Two things:

#1 Then "entities" are property owned by New York companies under the Trump Org.

#2 Technically the case is about engorgement not damages. Engorgement is excessive profits derived from fraudulant means.

She's not suing "on behalf" of banks for insurers.

She's suing under New York business law. And the New York law empowers the State Attorney General to do that.

View attachment 837736

That is a recommendation to the court. Don't know how it was arrived at.

However the final determination on the amount will be up to the Judge based on this trial.

WW

Then "entities" are property owned by New York companies under the Trump Org.

The entities I’m talking about are the banks and insurers, not trump businesses. If he got a loan from a bank in Montana, or Nevada, or German, how does the AG in New York get awarded damages from those banks? I’m not talking about New York fines, I’m talking about damages on behalf of those banks, that will never be paid TO those banks, in other states/countries.

That is a recommendation to the court. Don't know how it was arrived at.

The fine for breaking that law…in a civil lawsuit..is $250 million dollars???

The entities I’m talking about are the banks and insurers, not trump businesses. If he got a loan from a bank in Montana, or Nevada, or German, how does the AG in New York get awarded damages from those banks? I’m not talking about New York fines, I’m talking about damages on behalf of those banks, that will never be paid TO those banks, in other states/countries.
I believe other jurisdictions would have to sue in NY.

I believe other jurisdictions would have to sue in NY.

Sure, and if they want to then they should. I’m just questioning how New York can get awarded damages on behalf of other businesses in other states or countries, who never sought litigation against trump.

None of these banks or insurance companies have filed a lawsuit against trump, so I fail to see how New York can collect damages from trump in their behalf, and then keep that money.

Now, any money owed by trump TO New York for back taxes and any fines for breaking that law…that’s fair game.

Sure, and if they want to then they should. I’m just questioning how New York can get awarded damages on behalf of other businesses in other states or countries, who never sought litigation against trump.

None of these banks or insurance companies have filed a lawsuit against trump, so I fail to see how New York can collect damages from trump in their behalf, and then keep that money.

Now, any money owed by trump TO New York for back taxes and any fines for breaking that law…that’s fair game.
The ins and outs are certainly above my pay grade, but if his innocence is as obvious as some say, the action would never have been brought. Conspiracy is cited as a dodge, IMO.

Someone else didn’t. The DA represents all the citizens.
Who? And why would that be the case? What I get as a loan rate at the bank has zero effect on the rate you get. If the bank gave Trump a 3% loan that doesn’t mean when I went to the bank to get a loan they upped the rate from what I would normally get to cover Trumps loan.

The ins and outs are certainly above my pay grade, but if his innocence is as obvious as some say, the action would never have been brought. Conspiracy is cited as a dodge, IMO.
Well, the judge has already said he’s guilty, from what I understand, this trial is just about the money he has to pay.

I’d be curious to see the formula used to arrive at the 250M figure. Surely they didn’t just pull that out of thin air.

Civil charges are still crimes. Try and tell the IRS different.
If you don’t pay your taxes those are criminal charges dum dum. But to the point if you dont pay your taxes the State is the victim in that case as they are owed the money. NY state isnt a victim in the suit they brought.

Forum List

Back