800,000 about to lose their jobs

Failure to Raise Debt Cap Would Idle 800,000 Workers, Group Says - Businessweek

The study by Jay Powell, a former Treasury undersecretary under President George H.W. Bush, represents a challenge to Senator Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania, Representative Michele Bachmann of Minnesota and other Republicans who dismiss the risks of a government default.

Sometime in the first half of August, no funding would be available for the Departments of Veterans Affairs, Education and Housing and Urban Development as well as unemployment insurance and Internal Revenue Service refunds, according to a report by the Bipartisan Policy Center in Washington.
Aside from the VA, sounds like most of that can be defunded entirely and permanently.

For folks like myself, if I get furlough or laid off I can easily find another job, and one that pays better than what the Army is paying me.

So, carry on with your faux outrage.

The right should not care if we raise taxes on the wealthy then

They dont care if the recovery fails.

We might as well tax the rich too huh?

So of you dont care about the economy tanking then we should go ahead and tax the rich right?

Remeber your only reason for not wanting to tax the rich is it will end the recovery.

According to you all there is no recovery and its for the best if we kill more jobs and truely end the recovery.

That leaves no reason not to raise taxes on the rich right?

well then lets try taxing the rich first and see if we can avoid crashing it entirely

Forum List

Back