81% of Americans under 45 would fail basic ‘US citizenship test’

Many people forget the content about 20 minutes after a test. Many people are just plain stupid.
The content is not really relevant to being a “good citizen”

Good citizens vote, volunteer in their community, help their neighbors

Memorizing civics facts and historical dates does not make you a good citizen

Not having a basic knowledge of the Constitution and not knowing how government works makes you a worthless citizen. Dead wood.

Have you actually read the Constitution?
Most is information setting up the three branches of Government. The bill of rights is critical to good citizenship....the rest is of little value to the day to day realities of citizenship

Knowing the details of how a bill gets passed or how elections are conducted does not help most people

What most people need to know is which candidate best reflects their interests

So ... you're dead wood.

I suspected as much.
Many people forget the content about 20 minutes after a test. Many people are just plain stupid.

Not having a basic knowledge of the Constitution and not knowing how government works makes you a worthless citizen. Dead wood.

Most is information setting up the three branches of Government. The bill of rights is critical to good citizenship....the rest is of little value to the day to day realities of citizenship

Knowing the details of how a bill gets passed or how elections are conducted does not help most people

So ... you're dead wood.

I suspected as much.
He is anti-intellect.

Little does he know that smart people inventing tech since the early days of the Industrial Revolution increased production erasing slavery and increasing wealth significantly.

If not for smart people Rightwinger would be driving a Donkey rather than a car. Knowing him he would prob drive the Donkey stick shift.

Last edited:

So ... you're dead wood.

I suspected as much.
Know more about Civics than you do Skippy

You boys gonna measure in centimeters or millimeters?

It doesn’t hurt.

Intelligence seems to be linked to better citizens, actually.

The book the Bell Curve set a big blow for the Liberals on that.'

Why is that surprising, exactly?

Intelligent people tend to make better decisions for themselves, and others.

That's news to who? Why exactly?

It doesn’t hurt.

...?

Speaking of which, did you move to Poland yet? As soon as the door hits you on the ass (or head, who can tell with you?) our national IQ will leap upward.

It doesn’t hurt.

...?

Speaking of which, did you move to Poland yet? As soon as the door hits you on the ass (or head, who can tell with you?) our national IQ will leap upward.

Don't confuse EQ for IQ.

That's what most Liberals do, they think EQ dictates IQ.

I may have a low EQ, EQ is pretty worthless anyways.

I do however have a high IQ, especially in Spatial Ability.

Some of the "answers" to the questions are incomplete or wrong or the questions themselves are propaganda.

Yes, I have taken the test. I also taught the subject for 21 years so knock off the bullshit about it not being taught. The human brain categorizes the importance of information to be remembered. It is simply not being retained by choice.

RThat is nothing new. I cannot remember my daughter's phone number because I have no need to ever use it. My cell phone remembers it for me.

That is in part what's wrong with public school victims. More dependent upon machines than their own brain.

What happens when the battery runs down?

Oh, please knock off the bullshit! You are embarrassing yourself!

Without looking it up, can you tell me what the 23rd Amendment to the Constitution regards?

Of course you can't! If you can, it is because you deem that important to you. Why you would want to remember it, I have no idea!

FYI, I have her number written down, because there is no reason to remember it as long as I have my phone. Just like I have the ability to look up the 23rd Amendment should need it. I just happen to know because I used it so much in my instruction.

Why should I bother? You would claim I looked in up in any case.

And if your power goes out?

I also have these things called "books". Perhaps you have heard of them?

Now, be honest, you could not answer that question, could you?

DC Electoral College.

I have things called "books" too. 37,000+ of them the last time I counted, which was quite awhile back. Roughly a third of them being non-fiction.

Not to mention the art portfolios, newspapers and magazines from significant historical dates and stacks of law books that go from current to the 1950s.

I can't remember the last time I read a fiction book, it must of been one of Tom clancy's , if it's fiction I don't want to read it.

Their best interest? I thought we were a community according to the left????

So only if it's in the best interest of the left and screw the law and screw the Constitution that makes America work somehow?

So ... you're dead wood.

I suspected as much.
Know more about Civics than you do Skippy

Visions of grandeur.

So only if it's in the best interest of the left and screw the law and screw the Constitution that makes America work somehow?
Such a drama queen

Such a drama queen

Drama queen my butt, you prove it that the left only cares about themselves and not some Bible thumper in Oklahoma..

You sound like Bill Maher last night bitching why Wyoming is even a state and gets two senators .

Such a drama queen

Drama queen my butt, you prove it that the left only cares about themselves and not some Bible thumper in Oklahoma..

You sound like Bill Maher last night bitching why Wyoming is even a state and gets two senators .

<sob>. But....but....what about the law and what about the constitution?
Only conservatives care! <sob>

Have you always been such a pussy?

That is in part what's wrong with public school victims. More dependent upon machines than their own brain.

What happens when the battery runs down?

Without looking it up, can you tell me what the 23rd Amendment to the Constitution regards?

Of course you can't! If you can, it is because you deem that important to you. Why you would want to remember it, I have no idea!

FYI, I have her number written down, because there is no reason to remember it as long as I have my phone. Just like I have the ability to look up the 23rd Amendment should need it. I just happen to know because I used it so much in my instruction.

DC Electoral College.

I have things called "books" too. 37,000+ of them the last time I counted, which was quite awhile back. Roughly a third of them being non-fiction.

Not to mention the art portfolios, newspapers and magazines from significant historical dates and stacks of law books that go from current to the 1950s.

I can't remember the last time I read a fiction book, it must of been one of Tom clancy's , if it's fiction I don't want to read it.

I don't read much fiction myself these days.

I mean, you can't write an equal to the nonsense that's currently occurring on a global scale.

DC Electoral College.

I don't read much fiction myself these days.

I mean, you can't write an equal to the nonsense that's currently occurring on a global scale.
When I want to hear fiction......I listen to Donald Trump

Some of the "answers" to the questions are incomplete or wrong or the questions themselves are propaganda.
Such as?
What are two rights in the Declaration of Independence?

The answer is technically that there are no rights in the document as the Constitution is the law of the land, which another question explains.

Who vetos?

The head of whatever level of government you are talking about, not just the president

What is Benjamin Franklin famous for?

Endless list that 5 bullet points doesn't justify

Who is in charge of the executive branch?

The head of whatever level of government you are talking about, not just the president.

What movement TRIED to end racial discrimination?

Extremely vague and open ended question designed to virtue signal.

What was one important thing Lincoln did?

A president deserves more than 3 bullet points, much less than Lincoln.

What is the "rule of law"?

I speak English good.

Who is the "Father of Our Country"?

Founding FatherS

What group of people was taken to America and sold as slaves?

Another stupid virtue signal question with a bullshit answer.

Forum List

Back