A bit of "irony" on Libby's pardoning.....

We see a pattern developing here with Republican presidents. Bush commuted Libby's sentence which is in essence a pardon without the legal paperwork signed. No jail time. The game, hire a criminal to do criminal work for you, if they're caught wait until they are convicted, then pardon them. Trump is following the same pattern. It sets up the presidency to be a mob boss's dream. Have your criminal enterprise do whatever you like, if any are caught and convicted of anything serious just pardon them and that's that.

A permanent get-out-of-jail-free card for all of Trump's capos. He isn't done, he's just laying the ground work for future such actions.

Libby wasn't convicted of leaking, moron.

Go to bed

Key Players in the Valerie Plame Affair - Washington Post
www.washingtonpost.com › Politics
Jul 3, 2007 - If the information was ignored because it did not fit certain preconceptions about Iraq, then a legitimate argument can be made that we went to war under false ... Vice President Cheney's top aide,Libby was found guilty of lying about his role in the leak of Plame's identity, two counts of perjury, one count of .
Nothing there about leaking, is there? You provided the evidence that proves you are wrong.

What a dumbass.

more than a year and not a shred of actual evidence.

almost as good as the teflon hillary

no, not more than a year... started last july, ACTUALLY.

now with shreds and shreds and SHREDS of evidence... and then some.

~18 months is the typical length but whatever it takes is the norm

funny you'd need to impose an arbitrary deadline for JUSTICE

btw SoS email faux 'scandal' took ~2 years, you dishonest dimwit :itsok:

Trump, pissed off at Comey, calls him (among other labels), a "leaker and a liar"

Trump then pardons Libby who was convicted of leaking and lying.

Bottom line: Trump dog whistling to Manafort and Cohen.....".....If I'm still around, I'll ALSO pardon you....after all, a criminal mob is like a family."

I have mixed feelings about this.

Scooter Libby's pardon was long overdue. Bush should have pardoned him 10 years ago.

Libby wasn't the one who leaked Plame's Name. That was Richard Armitage.

It wasn't a conspiracy by war hawks. Armitage was against invading Iraq. So was Robert Novak, who was the one who published her name. So it was really kind of an anti-war circle jerk.

Libby was prosecuted under the "I'm going to get something on someone, dammit" rule of Special Prosecutors. He was prosecuted for not remembering a conversation the way Tim Russert remembered it. The actual content of the conversation wasn't really in dispute.

So Bush commuted his sentence hoping his memory didn't get any better in prison, but didn't go all the way and pardon him like he should have.

That said, because we are talking about the Orange Shitgibbon and not a normal president here, the implication that, "Hey, I'll give you a pardon if you keep your mouths shut" is implied here, and probably contributes to the "obstruction of justice" elements of all things Trump.

Trump, pissed off at Comey, calls him (among other labels), a "leaker and a liar"

Bottom line: Trump dog whistling to Manafort and Cohen.....".....If I'm still around, I'll ALSO pardon you....after all, a criminal mob is like a family."

I'll bet the question of why Fitzgerald never went after Armitage entered your closed little mind.

Libby was railroaded exactly the same way as Flynn. That's why the good pardon.

Libby was railroaded exactly the same way as Flynn. That's why the good pardon.
I hope Trump pardons all of Mewlers victims.

Libby wasn't actually guilty.

The legal system disagrees with you, and that is really all that matters.

The legal system disagrees with you, and that is really all that matters.

Was he convicted of outing Plame?

Was he convicted of outing Plame?

Give it a rest.....

Libby was far from "innocent," and 11 years ago was convicted on four counts of perjury, obstruction of justice, and making false statements.

Forum List

Back