A Brief History of Michael Cohen's Criminal Ties

The Many Hustles of Michael Cohen
The Many Hustles of Michael Cohen
By DAVID Z. MORRIS
May 6, 2018 - Fortune Mag

"....Cohen’s business dealings have spanned big-city taxis and real estate in addition to a legal practice focused on personal injury cases. A new examination of Cohen’s record by the New York Times finds that he has frequently crossed paths with unsavory characters. In one case, Cohen was reportedly tasked with delivering a payment to one Vitaly Buslaev, who has been tied to the Mafia. That’s just one of Cohen’s many connections to individuals from former Soviet states. Those connections are of particular relevance given special counsel Robert Mueller’s focus on the Trump campaign’s dealings with Russia, and Cohen’s personal role in exploring Trump Organization deals in Russia in the midst of the 2016 campaign.

Cohen also helped set up a half-dozen clinics and medical billing companies in the early 2000s, including registering medical practices headed by doctors Alexsander Martirosov and Zhanna Kanevsky. Just a few years later, Martisorov and Kanevsky were charged with defrauding insurance companies by faking auto accidents. Cohen was not implicated in those allegations, and charges against Martirosov were later dropped. But according to the Times, the scam was of a kind dominated by criminal organizations from former Soviet countries.

Cohen has also made real estate deals that experts described to the Times as suspicious. In one transaction, Cohen sold four Manhattan buildings for $32 million in cash in a single day, nearly three times what he paid for them just a few years before. A former banker commenting on those transactions described Cohen as “the type of person you’d see most bankers steer clear of.” The identity of the buyers in those deals is unknown.

Cohen has also both made and received large loans on the basis of questionable collateral. In 2014, Cohen borrowed at least $20 million against the value of taxi medallions he owns. Those loans were refinanced to delay repayment just last month, even as taxi medallions have lost a great deal of value thanks to the rise of ride-hailing services like Uber. Cohen’s taxi businesses owe more than $375,000 in taxes and fines in New York and Chicago, according to the Times. But Cohen and his father-in-law have nonetheless made millions of dollars in loans to the manager of Cohen’s Chicago taxis, with few assets to back them up.

All of this fits a Pattern Common to Donald Trump and others in his orbit"...":
[.....]
`

Last edited:
I don't know. Why don't you ask him? Any money you cannot account for, does that automatically mean criminal implications? Then you must really toss and turn over the millions and millions lost funneled through the Clinton Foundation and Clinton Global initiative now gone, much of the money from foreign governments. And you must be in a real sweat wondering where those 33,000 government emails all went, all the missing documentation from around the time of Benghazi, all the missing and destroyed devices, and computers not turned over to the FBI.

Here, take a Bromo-Seltzer.

And what is 5 bankruptcies when you've opened dozens and dozens of successful businesses? Trump's success rate for business is far above the national average. As to Trump's popularity, you keep right on believing the same stupid polls that got it wrong and cost you the last election---- I really enjoy seeing you fools eat crow over and over again, yet you keep calling THEM, people who keep getting it right, the dumb ones! They've all taken a big shit alright--- --- --- on YOU.
Is there any question you can answer without including Clinton?

Did you have a bad shit today? Is that going to be about Clinton to?

I don't know. Why don't you ask him? Any money you cannot account for, does that automatically mean criminal implications? Then you must really toss and turn over the millions and millions lost funneled through the Clinton Foundation and Clinton Global initiative now gone, much of the money from foreign governments. And you must be in a real sweat wondering where those 33,000 government emails all went, all the missing documentation from around the time of Benghazi, all the missing and destroyed devices, and computers not turned over to the FBI.

Here, take a Bromo-Seltzer.

And what is 5 bankruptcies when you've opened dozens and dozens of successful businesses? Trump's success rate for business is far above the national average. As to Trump's popularity, you keep right on believing the same stupid polls that got it wrong and cost you the last election---- I really enjoy seeing you fools eat crow over and over again, yet you keep calling THEM, people who keep getting it right, the dumb ones! They've all taken a big shit alright--- --- --- on YOU.
Is there any question you can answer without including Clinton?

Did you have a bad shit today? Is that going to be about Clinton to?

Yes, but Hillary can't go but a few days at a time without not only reaffirming herself as the spokes-model for the entire Left, but by either sticking her foot in her mouth while rubbing our faces in her freedom. I'd love to forget about her almost as much as I'm sure you are tired of wearing her around your neck as a constant liability. Every question about Trump begs the question of how it can be such a bad thing for Trump when you just want to forget that Hillary did it first and worse.

Yes, but Hillary can't go but a few days at a time without not only reaffirming herself as the spokes-model for the entire Left, but by either sticking her foot in her mouth while rubbing our faces in her freedom. I'd love to forget about her almost as much as I'm sure you are tired of wearing her around your neck as a constant liability. Every question about Trump begs the question of how it can be such a bad thing for Trump when you just want to forget that Hillary did it first and worse.
She doesn't speak for the left. She's a closet neocon.

Forum List

Back