A challenge to ALL of you whining about P. Dean's firing

Common fact...Democrats were still calling Brazil nuts...."****** toes" well into the 80's.

In fact, certain Democrat pockets across the country still do...:eek:

Many Republicans still enjoy a good Minstrel Show

This is all about the trial and I think that the woman who is trying to sue her and her brother is trying to get their money.
This will be proved or disproved in the trial.
She said the N word 27 years ago to her husband.
She was working in a bank that was being robbed and a black man came up to her and started yelling at her in her face and waving a gun.
She went home and told her husband and then called him the N word.
Trial Transcript; read pages 22 and 23.
Document: Paula Deen's testimony
It seems to me, like the Food Network has condemned her before the trial is even finished.
We have a thing in this country called innocent until proven guilty.
To me the Food Network has condemned her as guilty before proven innocent.

I think that the Food Network should have told her that they would hold off on her contract until after the trial verdict.

1. A company can fire any employee who's action or words reflects badly on the company.
2. Dean's no racist, she supported Obama's campaign, twice. You would think a racist wouldn't want a black man in the White House.

I wonder if the "they can fire anyone they want" crowd was OK with McCarthy era blacklists in Hollywood? Shouldn't freedom of expression mean something?

I wonder if the "they can fire anyone they want" crowd was OK with McCarthy era blacklists in Hollywood? Shouldn't freedom of expression mean something?

There's a difference. McCarthy was a politician, not a company. The actual companies involved back then should have been allowed to fire or not fire anyone they chose to.

Not even the same.

There's a difference. McCarthy was a politician, not a company. The actual companies involved back then should have been allowed to fire or not fire anyone they chose to.

Not even the same.

Wrong. The companies were Hollywood entertainment companies that abided by the blacklist and refused to hire anyone on it, due to presumed communist sympathies.
They are exactly alike.

Who cares?

Mrs Deen will write a book and make a fortune off of it. The Food Channel (Network?) will lose some viewers and gain some viewers.

Mrs Deen should have known better. I do and I'm not all that sophisticated, I don't run in Hollywood or elitist circles and I know better.

In my private life, I don't care what people think of me. In business, you better.

Is it a stupid rule? Was the Food Network petty and politically correct? Yes.

Did they have a choice? No. They had no choice.

Know why? Because the 'rent-a-riot' race-baiting scum of the left would have been all over them and extorted the living hell out of them.

Know how they do that? I'll tell you.

They raise Holy Hell with (pick a company, any company) for being insensitive or racist. the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM picks up on it and helps their cause. Nightly News, round-table discussion on how the Food Network could be so insensitive and so mean, Newspaper articles, Local News.....

Then if you are the target of the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM and the race-baiting, rent-a-riot dirtbags, the only way to get them off your back is to make a GENEROUS donation to one of their Charities. A big one.

Ever wonder how these asswipes survive. How they manage to live in Million Dollar homes but don't even have a job? And never have...??

They're running a scam. Extortion. And they work for that 'Charity'. As President or CEO or whatever. And they make a LOT of money doing it. All expenses paid.

That's how the left work. They're a criminal organization -- The entire dimocrap party and all its allies.

I tend to think there is a significant difference between someone currently saying it or someone admitting that they said it in a private conversation in a particularly context years ago.

If I say the N word because im reading Mark Twain outloud, should I be fired from my job?

Yes!

But I would wait for your pathetic public apology.. Then I'd fire you.

Last edited:
Nobody should be fired for saying a word, no matter how offensive it may sound.

Those who bitch about the slavery, and claim that because of it blacks need preferential treatment in hiring, education, etc., were all born every bit as free as any white person.

How long can this over sensitive nonsense go on, with the fact that a black person is the President? Is it ever going to end? Or is it going to be profitable for vultures to milk this non-issue till perpetuity?

Will they ever reach the mental age and maturityof a kid, who knows that sticks and stones can break bones, but words can not?

Lenny Bruce had the right take on this politically correct bullshit. Forbidding the use of words to anyone is a travesty. All it does is give the word power.

It is ridiculous that careers are ruined for saying a bad word.

Juvenile and silly.

The food network has the right to not renew her contract for any reason they want.

Except if they declined to renew it if she was black, or if it was because she was a woman, or because she was gay, or even because she was a man.

The food network has the right to not renew her contract for any reason they want.

Except if they declined to renew it if she was black, or if it was because she was a woman, or because she was gay, or even because she was a man.

You want to add foul lanaguage to the protected list?

No, I want to remove everyone from the protected list when it comes to private buisinesses, and let the market decide who sinks or swims.

If it involves government, then the government is consiutionally barred from discriminating. Anyone else can do what they want. Of course in today's environment a company that doesnt hire blacks may not do so well.

Forum List

Back