A challenge to ALL of you whining about P. Dean's firing

It is EXACTLY the market that is deciding. The Food Network decided that if they didn't get rid of her it could hurt their bottom line. No one but the potential loss of customers was deciding for them.

No, it is a gross manipulation of the market by special interest groups. Liberals wouldn't know a free market if it crawled up their legs and bit them in the crotch.

Sorry man, that is how the market works. The market consists of sellers and buyers. The sellers want the buyers to buy, and when they threaten to stop buying, for whatever reason, the buyer has to listen.

Sorry, man, but saying bad words is not a market function. Neither is blackmail. In a free market, products are judged on their merit, not on the attitudes of the manufacturers.

The political pressure brought to bear on companies impedes the market. It certainly is not endemic to free markets or product quality. In the end, it hurts both buyer and seller.

It is EXACTLY the market that is deciding. The Food Network decided that if they didn't get rid of her it could hurt their bottom line. No one but the potential loss of customers was deciding for them.

The market doesnt work that quick. Its people afraid of the POTENTIAL of a loss of buisiness that causes them to do this. Legal, but gutless nonetheless.

But you cant fire someone for being gay, even if your market is made up of 1000 evangelical chrisitans.

That IS the market working. You expect a company to wait until after the losses to take action? Smart companies don't work that way.

Firing someone for being gay is different. (Supposedly) you cannot help being gay, you can help being a racist, or being dumb enough to not keep your mouth shut. The thing about firing someone for being gay is that you could end up losing more by doing that than by losing the evangelicals.

Then let the market handle it, instead of laws covering it. Right now the playing field is not level, and the only indicator is whoever is most offended and the loudest.

Bill Maher and Paula Deen are apples and oranges. They work for different networks and their money making potential is based on polar opposite images.

Maher was fired from ABC after 2011 when he called the US troops cowards. Should we be silencing speech, even disgusting douchebags like Maher? No. But again, we also have no right to tell a private company what they can and cannot do as long as it doesn't cause harm to the public.

Bill Mahr called Palin a slut and we all, including me, bitched about it being over the top.

I'm pretty sure the term ****** is just as bad.

How bout we STOP being hypocrites eh?

Actually he called her bitch, whore, and **** it was Rush Limbaugh who used slut about Sandra Fluke. The question is did what the person said justify firing them? Usually you get a warning,suspension,and then firing I can't help but notice none of that happened to Maher or Limbaugh yet for Deen it went straight do fired make of that what you will.

I stand corrected. I don't watch Mahr but I just remembered a brewhaha about something he said.

The Food Network made an economical decision based on what they thought the public reaction would be.

I am baffled at the conservative response to it.

Bill Mahr called Palin a slut and we all, including me, bitched about it being over the top.

I'm pretty sure the term ****** is just as bad.

How bout we STOP being hypocrites eh?

Actually he called her bitch, whore, and **** it was Rush Limbaugh who used slut about Sandra Fluke. The question is did what the person said justify firing them? Usually you get a warning,suspension,and then firing I can't help but notice none of that happened to Maher or Limbaugh yet for Deen it went straight do fired make of that what you will.

I stand corrected. I don't watch Mahr but I just remembered a brewhaha about something he said.

The Food Network made an economical decision based on what they thought the public reaction would be.

This conservative's response is not to legislate against food network for doing it. It is to call food network out and tell them to grow a pair of fucking balls.

Just to be clear. I have no opinion of her. I wasn't there, I didn't hear what she may or may not have said.

My grandfather when I was young would tell me to "get that ****** out of here" when I had black friends come over. We just laughed. He was an old man from a different time and I suspect that is the case here.

This conservative's response is not to legislate against food network for doing it. It is to call food network out and tell them to grow a pair of fucking balls.

Fair enough.

Yeah, and try to organize a wedding like the following:

Paula-Deen.jpg

Spreading more lies about a good Southern Democrat lady are you Lakhota?

It's most fascinating to watch you liberals attempt to destroy one of your own with lies and rumors.

You obviously are bigots and your hatred for southerners surpasses party affiliation.

obamadean.jpg

Paula talked to People about what it was like to cook with Michelle — and promised to make her signature fried chicken for the Obamas if they move into the White House in January.

"She was everything I thought she would be: Smart, great sense of humor and loves to talk about family," Paula told People. "I can tell she spends time in the kitchen – she was very relaxed when we cooked. And that lady is a good eater."

Not that it shows.

"Did I tell you she is in the best shape ever? Everyone was staring at her amazing arms!" Paula raved.

Once was enough: Watch Michelle Obama talk to Paula Deen about trying to make seafood gumbo - National Celebrity News | Examiner.com

Can you prove that she has used that term in recent history?

Do you actually believe that she said that about the wedding?

Remember, women have lied about being raped. Blacks have lied about being racially attacked. What gives any credibility to these charges?

Yes, Paula admitted to using the word "******" years ago when talking about a bank robber. I have no problem with that.

But I don't see anything in her recent history to show that she is a racist.

I really don't even like her cooking style... Or her show. Her voice grates on my ears. But I tire of these baseless charges destroying a person's life.

Whoa...So since lying exists you believe nothing? No, don't be stupid.

Doesn't matter if YOU see anything racist because guess what, it's not about you.

When the product is a person, the attitude of that person is very relevant to buyers.

The problem though AmyNation is that the lies and rumors spread about her are in direct contrast to the testimony of the plaintiff in this case who said under oath that she had never heard Paula Deen use a racist slur.

Testimony under oath by the woman suing Paula. She never heard Paula say a racist word.

When the product is a person, the attitude of that person is very relevant to buyers.

The problem though AmyNation is that the lies and rumors spread about her are in direct contrast to the testimony of the plaintiff in this case who said under oath that she had never heard Paula Deen use a racist slur.

Testimony under oath by the woman suing Paula. She never heard Paula say a racist word.

Rumors destroy careers too.

I don't really care if she did or didn't do this that or the other. *shrug*

The food network felt that renewing Paula's contract would not be beneficial to their company, and I stand by their right to make that decision.

Forum List

Back