A Climate Hero.

Cardinal Carminative

How do you explain the earth cooling for the last 50 million years when CO2 levels were significantly higher than today without using evaporative cooling, increasing cloud reflection, decreasing water vapor from cloud formation, decreasing water vapor in the upper troposphere, increased heat flow into outer space and increased ocean mixing sequestering extra heat in the deep ocean?

Cardinal Carminative

How do you explain the earth cooling for the last 50 million years when CO2 levels were significantly higher than today without using evaporative cooling, increasing cloud reflection, decreasing water vapor from cloud formation, decreasing water vapor in the upper troposphere, increased heat flow into outer space and increased ocean mixing sequestering extra heat in the deep ocean?

'
Oh, don't ask this retard for a scientific opinion. This clod doesn't understand anything.

Noble? Why? He was lied to, and wasn't smart enough to figure out that he had been lied to.
Trustfundie Treehuggers. Green Is the Color of Their Daddy's Money.

"Noble" is an HeirHead word. They used that self-pumping word to describe "the noble savage," the converse of which is still more evidence that Whites who are born rich deplore and fear all other White people. There is nothing noble about this spoiled and sheltered class, and there is nothing ignoble about the rest of us. They are the Nobility With No Ability. The Survival of the Fatherest prevents the survival of the fittest.

Their support of the Unabomber Cult's Globalwarmie hoax can be traced back to the fact the uninhibited development of Nature has been the main cause of class mobility. That used to be the story of America. If unearned hereditary privilege has a future, America doesn't.

Cardinal Carminative

Excess CO2 can fixed back OUT of the atmosphere by the CARBON CYCLE.

But there's also a large number of NEGATIVE FORCINGS that are quite natural! Whether it's volcanic sulfate aerosols or solar cycles (yes solar cycles! You and Willie Soon's favorite thing--just not in the right phase right now), orbital forcings, even freshly exposed volcanic rock acts as a sink for things like CO2.

That's the key. You keep wanting EVERYTHING to be driven by NATURAL FORCINGS ONLY. But we know that can't account for the warming we see right now.

Just look at the last 150 years and how well NATURAL FORCINGS fit with the ACTUAL TEMPERATURES THAT WERE RECORDED:

OzCL00O.jpg

The NATURAL FORCINGS (all of which are very real) cannot explain the warming alone. If you look at Graph A above you will see a HUGE disparity between what the model data using ONLY NATURAL FORCINGS (the ones you like the most) and the actual temperatures that were measured.

When you factor in ANTHROPOGENIC FORCINGS suddenly the data fits VERY WELL.

This is probably, for me, one of the biggest things. When the data SCREAMS FIT it follows that more of the variance of the data is being explained by adding in ANTHROPOGENIC factors.

Maybe it's because I spend so much time of my day doing statistical analysis of the test results from my experiments in the lab, but this just really speaks to me as a scientist. It makes it much harder to debate against the point.

And oversimplifying the system as if 50 million years was without any significant changes in the earth and trying to give a one-liner that explains it seems like a waste of time. IT doesn't move anyone closer to understanding the concept behind AGW.

The VERY REASON we know that the warming today is likely NOT due to natural forcings alone is because of what we know about the last several hundred million years of earth's history.

Is life on Earth so fragile that a fraction of a degree warmer is going to end it all?

This thread was about a climate hero. But it has turned into a debate about the reality of human caused global warming. So I decided to start a thread on that issue in particular. It is called, "Global Warming. Kiss Your Ass Goodbye." I answered your question about the fragility of the Earth in it. Feel free to leave a reply.

No, advertising is extremely effective. Just keep thinking it isn’t and you do exactly what the advertisers want you to do: think you are making rational decisions based only on your intellect

Greetings Cardinal. This thread was about a climate hero. But has devolved into a debate over the reality or not of human caused global warming. I decided to start a new thread on that subject in particular. It is called, "Global Warming. Kiss your ass goodbye." You and ding - bat can continue your debate there if you wish.

Greetings Cardinal. This thread was about a climate hero. But has devolved into a debate over the reality or not of human caused global warming. I decided to start a new thread on that subject in particular. It is called, "Global Warming. Kiss your ass goodbye." You and ding - bat can continue your debate there if you wish.

Thank you very much for your "permission" and advice.

Yeah, when it proves you are a liar, or an idiot, or a bigot, and you want to repeat the failures of your past heroes, history can indeed be difficult for you.

Amazingly enough you classify as all three. That's pretty hard, and yet you succeeded.

What about when it PROVES you to be a liar. Then what. Though I wouldn't go as far as calling you a liar. Just gullible dupe is good enough.

This thread was about a climate hero. But it has turned into a debate about the reality of human caused global warming. So I decided to start a thread on that issue in particular. It is called, "Global Warming. Kiss Your Ass Goodbye." I answered your question about the fragility of the Earth in it. Feel free to leave a reply.

This thread was about a climate hero.

You misspelled "climate moron".

I answered your question about the fragility of the Earth in it.

Not Earth, life on Earth, big difference.

No, it is about a mentally defective person, who sadly acted upon his derangement and committed suicide in a sad effort to draw attention to a non issue.

What about when it PROVES you to be a liar. Then what. Though I wouldn't go as far as calling you a liar. Just gullible dupe is good enough.

You idiots keep claiming that the Earth is fragile. It isn't. It is amazingly robust and capable of dealing with anything we can throw at it. If you truly cared about the planet, instead of wasting all of this money on bullshit fraudulent "research", you would be clamoring for a anti bolide defense system. An asteroid impact actually DOES have the ability to end life on this planet.

And it is the mere fact that twice, life has indeed almost ended from an asteroid impact, yet rebounded to the amazing variety that we enjoy today, that PROVES your inane crap to be just that.

Crap.

Excess CO2 can fixed back OUT of the atmosphere by the CARBON CYCLE.

But there's also a large number of NEGATIVE FORCINGS that are quite natural! Whether it's volcanic sulfate aerosols or solar cycles (yes solar cycles! You and Willie Soon's favorite thing--just not in the right phase right now), orbital forcings, even freshly exposed volcanic rock acts as a sink for things like CO2.

That's the key. You keep wanting EVERYTHING to be driven by NATURAL FORCINGS ONLY. But we know that can't account for the warming we see right now.

Just look at the last 150 years and how well NATURAL FORCINGS fit with the ACTUAL TEMPERATURES THAT WERE RECORDED:

OzCL00O.jpg

The NATURAL FORCINGS (all of which are very real) cannot explain the warming alone. If you look at Graph A above you will see a HUGE disparity between what the model data using ONLY NATURAL FORCINGS (the ones you like the most) and the actual temperatures that were measured.

When you factor in ANTHROPOGENIC FORCINGS suddenly the data fits VERY WELL.

This is probably, for me, one of the biggest things. When the data SCREAMS FIT it follows that more of the variance of the data is being explained by adding in ANTHROPOGENIC factors.

Maybe it's because I spend so much time of my day doing statistical analysis of the test results from my experiments in the lab, but this just really speaks to me as a scientist. It makes it much harder to debate against the point.

And oversimplifying the system as if 50 million years was without any significant changes in the earth and trying to give a one-liner that explains it seems like a waste of time. IT doesn't move anyone closer to understanding the concept behind AGW.

The VERY REASON we know that the warming today is likely NOT due to natural forcings alone is because of what we know about the last several hundred million years of earth's history.
The geologic record says otherwise. So does evaporative cooling, increasing cloud reflection, decreasing water vapor from cloud formation, decreasing water vapor in the upper troposphere, increased heat flow into outer space and increased ocean mixing sequestering extra heat in the deep ocean. The planet has been cooling for over 50 million years because the planet is uniquely configured to cool (polar regions isolated from warm marine currents) and that was despite higher levels of atmospheric CO2 than today.

The geologic record says otherwise.

No it doesn't. The very reason we know that modern warming is largely due to human activity is because of paleoclimate studies.

So does evaporative cooling, increasing cloud reflection, decreasing water vapor from cloud formation, decreasing water vapor in the upper troposphere, increased heat flow into outer space and increased ocean mixing sequestering extra heat in the deep ocean.

Every single one of which is known to and studied by the very experts you disagree with.

The planet has been cooling for over 50 million years because the planet is uniquely configured to cool (polar regions isolated from warm marine currents)

That's just wrong. What do you think the AMOC and the Gulf Stream do? They carry warm water up to the north Atlantic.

You might wish to check with more experts who study this sort of thing:

and that was despite higher levels of atmospheric CO2 than today.

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that ANYONE thinks that CO2 is the ONLY driver for temperature on the earth and in the earth's history. It is not. It is far from it.

And there are no experts who think that it is.

The planet has been cooling for over 50 million years because the planet is uniquely configured to cool (polar regions isolated from warm marine currents) and that was despite higher levels of atmospheric CO2 than today. The planet cooled BECAUSE of evaporative cooling, cloud reflection, decreasing water vapor from cloud formation, decreasing water vapor in the upper troposphere, increased heat flow into outer space and increased ocean mixing sequestering extra heat in the deep ocean. Which are all still applicable today.

Forum List

Back