A comparison of two Constitutional rights

40 percent of the gun sales are at gun shows where identification, background checks and all the other stuff you have to go through when you buy a gun at a store are not required.

That is pure BS that is being fed to you. I like many, many other people would have to drive to another state to purchase a gun at a Gun Show without a back ground check.

You just said it......................you can drive to another state (where you don't have residency), buy a gun (where you don't have to prove ID), and be on your way.

Thanks for the verification.

40 percent of the gun sales are at gun shows where identification, background checks and all the other stuff you have to go through when you buy a gun at a store are not required.

That is pure BS that is being fed to you. I like many, many other people would have to drive to another state to purchase a gun at a Gun Show without a back ground check.

You just said it......................you can drive to another state (where you don't have residency), buy a gun (where you don't have to prove ID), and be on your way.

So what's your point other then posting a made up number?

40 percent of the gun sales in America today are done at gun shows......................

40 percent of the gun sales in America today are done at gun shows......................

Right, and only a very small percentage of those sales are not done by licensed dealers who do background checks. The 40% of sales with no checks is BS.

Ok and in most cases you also have to have a background check at the Gun Show before you can complete the purchase. You have drunk the Kool-aid.

If the state ensures everyone that wants one has an ID, at no cost to them, then most have no problem with voter id.

But that isn't what the right wants, what they want is akin to a poll tax.

Also, if you can vote you should be able to drink. A lot of stupid laws on the books.

You fucking retard.
No, I want voter ID requirements but ONLY if there is zero cost for a state issued ID (in lieu of a DL).

That's what I said.

They want no such thing, but you knew that. You really should take care who you call a fucking retard. Its like watching a person call themselves name in the mirror.
They who, idiot boy? If you made an effort to understand the other side perhaps you wouldn't look like a freeper troll.

Poll tax is a no no.

If you want to require people to have an ID, the only way around it is to not charge them for it.

Yet you have no problem to force people to pay to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights do you? Hypocrite much?

I wouldn't care if the cost burden was on the state. I bet you would though.

Dims have filed lawsuits against voter ID even when the state provides it for free.

Who do you think you're fooling?

Why? Is there illegal voting going on? Where? What proof have you? :lol:

Guess you missed the thread where the Maobama phone lady was on Alex Jones show, she admitted helping non-citizens to ger IL ID in order to vote. The really sad thing is she was so ignorant she had no idea she had done something wrong and she was being paid by Maobamas campaign. You might want to check it out, it proves there is a problem.

Alex Jones? hahahaha. I bet you also believe that 9/11 was an inside job. I am not surprised that your opinions are formed by Alex Jones.

The Second Amendment says Americans have the right to keep and bear arms.

But the left wants government to crawl up a gun-purchaser's rectum with a magnifying glass to vet the purchaser's suitability to own a weapon.

Several amendments to the Constitution together state that no citizen 18 or over may be denied the right to vote without due process.

The left vehemently opposes the suggestion that voters show ID to the government in order to vote.

Can someone explain this dichotomy to me?

where in the constitution does it say that reasonable regulation of guns is inappropriate.

Where does it say it is appropriate?

If the state ensures everyone that wants one has an ID, at no cost to them, then most have no problem with voter id.

Also, if you can vote you should be able to drink. A lot of stupid laws on the books.

You fucking retard.
The right does not want a poll tax or anything akin.

Why do you have to lie?

Oh, yes -- because you're a lying leftist.

Dismissed.

But the left wants government to crawl up a gun-purchaser's rectum with a magnifying glass to vet the purchaser's suitability to own a weapon.

Several amendments to the Constitution together state that no citizen 18 or over may be denied the right to vote without due process.

The left vehemently opposes the suggestion that voters show ID to the government in order to vote.

where in the constitution does it say that reasonable regulation of guns is inappropriate.

i'd suggest you actually look at heller which specifically leaves room for such regulation.

and the comparison is a false one as there is no problem with 'voter fraud' except in the fevered imagination of the right.. not to mention that your own people made the mistake of saying they wanted it in order to sway election results.

but that's ok, right? :cuckoo:
Sooo...you can't explain the dichotomy.

Wouldn't it have been easier to say that?

You fucking retard.
They want no such thing, but you knew that. You really should take care who you call a fucking retard. Its like watching a person call themselves name in the mirror.
They who, idiot boy? If you made an effort to understand the other side perhaps you wouldn't look like a freeper troll.

Poll tax is a no no.

If you want to require people to have an ID, the only way around it is to not charge them for it.
Perhaps if you did some research, instead of paying attention to the lefty echo chambers where lies are paraded as truth, you'd see that most states DO offer a free ID.

Dave the typical Conservative thinks liberals salivate over the thought of regulating people even further.

Frankly I wish people were as good at being responsible as they are at talking about how responsible they are.
And if they're not as responsible as you want, the government needs to step in and enforce it.

Right?

SEE: Obamacare. SEE: AWB. SEE: Magazine size restrictions.

The majority of Americans = the left? who knew?

Papers please? wtf are you a nazi?

supporting the 2nd amendment and supporting gun control laws are not mutually exclusive stands

You can't explain it either, huh?

Not at all surprising.

The right takes the opposite stance on the two issues, correct? Can you explain that 'dichotomy'?
After you explain yours.

Voting is a fundamental right, gun ownership, not.
SCOTUS held that the 2nd affirms an individual right.

So it looks like you're wrong.

Can sonmeone explain this dichotomy to me?

Sure dipshit. SCOTUS has said basically government can not infringe on your right to own a firearm, but they can put in roadblocks (background searches).in order to weed out the crazies.

Its rather simple actually. Its amazing you morons have to have this explqined to you repeatly.
Well no its not amazing, just sad..
Yet you oppose people having to prove they're citizens in order to vote.

You have explained nothing.

:cool:

"Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis)[1] is the belief in the importance of liberty and equal rights.[2] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally liberals support ideas such as constitutionalism, liberal democracy, free and fair elections, human rights, capitalism, and freedom of religion."
"The revolutionaries in the American Revolution and the French Revolution used liberal philosophy to justify the armed overthrow of tyrannical rule."
"Early liberals also laid the groundwork for the separation of church and state."
Today's liberals are not concerned with individual liberty.

I know how simple-minded people are easily confused by the fact that liberalism and liberals both start with L...but today, that's about all they have in common.

Actually, it's more like they want to make sure the person who is purchasing the gun isn't a prior felon or insane.

And yes, you CAN lose your right to vote if you commit a felony.
True, but that doesn't answer my question.

Nevertheless, felons DO vote illegally.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elect...-sheriff-says-he-won-t-stop-felon-voters.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...r-the-outcome-of-the-mn-2008-senate-race.html

Forum List

Back