A Deception of the Last Days

Was talking with another driver at work who is also an assistant Pastor at his church about this very thing. Jesus Himself DID warn us that nobody BUT God the Father would know the time of His Son's return. But it will happen.

Jesuit End Times Antichrist Deception – End Time Deceptions
In 1909, Scofield published the first edition of his famous ‘ Scofield Reference Bible ‘, which injected large doses of Futurism in the commentaries. This Bible became so popular in American Protestant Bible schools that it was necessary to print literally millions of copies.

Yes, the Jesuit order are into a lot of deceptions and no doubt end time scenarios sell. It is also a good way to control people when they believe it is the endtimes. That is exactly what Cults do. Now we have a scientific technocratic medical cartel COVID Cult to worry about also.

Was talking with another driver at work who is also an assistant Pastor at his church about this very thing. Jesus Himself DID warn us that nobody BUT God the Father would know the time of His Son's return. But it will happen.

Jesuit End Times Antichrist Deception – End Time Deceptions
In 1909, Scofield published the first edition of his famous ‘ Scofield Reference Bible ‘, which injected large doses of Futurism in the commentaries. This Bible became so popular in American Protestant Bible schools that it was necessary to print literally millions of copies.

Yes, the Jesuit order are into a lot of deceptions and no doubt end time scenarios sell. It is also a good way to control people when they believe it is the endtimes. That is exactly what Cults do. Now we have a scientific technocratic medical cartel COVID Cult to worry about also.

You think a deadly virus is a cult? You must be a big brained genius.

For Christians on the thread

I watched a video today where two men were claiming that Jesus was a false prophet. The video can be found at "Broken Promises: Jesus & the second coming." Their claim was that the second coming was believed by 1st Century Christians to come in their lifetime. Since it didn't occur within their lifetime, they consider Jesus to be a false prophet. Their argument argues that in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21 after telling of the prophesies that lead up to the second coming, the Lord says:

Matthew 24:34-35
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Mark 13:
30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Luke 21:32-33
32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

The argument is that since that generation has passed away and that the second coming and all the prophecies that lead up to it did not come to pass, Jesus was a false prophet. As a Christian, How would you respond to the logic of this argument? When I have more time, I will post my thoughts on why these men are flawed and do not understand the scriptures.
The first "generation" lived nearly 1000 years in some cases. After that God said max 120 'because I cant put up with them longer than that". Thats our "generation".
"Then the LORD said, 'My Spirit will not put up with humans for such a long time, for they are only mortal flesh. In the future, their normal lifespan will be no more than 120 years.'"

All thru the OT a generation is 40 years. Remember? 40 years in the deserts of Sinai?

Psalm 95:10

“For forty years I loathed that generation,
And said they are a people who err in their heart,
And they do not know My ways.

Source: 9 Bible verses about Forty Years

Forty years" is mentioned in the Bible forty times. The number "forty" is mentioned in the Bible one hundred and forty-six times.

AND THE LORD’S ANGER WAS KINDLED AGAINST ISRAEL, AND HE MADE THEM WANDER IN THE WILDERNESS FORTY YEARS, UNTIL ALL THE GENERATION THAT HAD DONE EVIL IN THE SIGHT OF THE LORD, WAS CONSUMED-Num 32:13. It may be noted that "forty years" and "the generation" is mentioned. FORTY YEARS LONG WAS I GRIEVED WITH THIS GENERATION-Ps 95:10.

Again, it may be noted, "forty years" and "this generation." HARDEN NOT YOUR HEARTS, AS IN THE PROVOCATION, IN THE DAY OF TEMPTATION IN THE WILDERNESS: WHEN YOUR FATHERS TEMPTED ME, PROVED ME, AND SAW MY WORKS FORTY YEARS. WHEREFORE I WAS GRIEVED WITH THAT GENERATION-Heb 3:8-10. Again, it can be noted, "forty years" and "that generation."

FOR DAVID, AFTER HE HAD SERVED HIS OWN GENERATION (note the word "generation") BY THE WILL OF GOD, FELL ON SLEEP-Acts 13:36. How long did David serve? It is written, THUS DAVID THE SON OF JESSE REIGNED OVER ALL ISRAEL. AND THE TIME THAT HE (David) REIGNED OVER ISRAEL WAS FORTY YEARS; SEVEN YEARS REIGNED HE IN HEBRON, AND THIRTY AND THREE YEARS REIGNED HE IN JERUSALEM-1 Chr 29:26,27.

AND THE DAYS THAT DAVID REIGNED OVER ISRAEL WERE FORTY YEARS: SEVEN YEARS REIGNED HE IN HEBRON, AND THIRTY AND THREE YEARS REIGNED HE IN JERUSALEM-1 Ki 2:11. Many times we are seeing the term "generation" being associated with "forty years."

AFTER THIS LIVED JOB AN HUNDRED AND FORTY YEARS, AND SAW HIS SONS, AND HIS SONS’ SONS, EVEN FOUR GENERATIONS-Job 42:16. This verse would figure out to thirty-five years. We might consider that a generation is forty years, yet may be as little as thirty-five years.
VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, ALL THESE THINGS SHALL COME UPON THIS GENERATION. BEHOLD, YOUR HOUSE IS LEFT UNTO YOU DESOLATE-Mt 23:36,38.

The word 'generation' has multiple meanings in that verse, all in references to the many verses before it; one meaning is directed at the Jews re their Temple and current political power passing away soon, and another reference is to a 'generation' referring to the end of an Age, before the 2nd Coming, and no one knows the time of that one's coming. There are at least two other meanings imbedded.

I see Jr. highs and high schools don't teach basic literary devices any more.

The word 'generation' has multiple meanings in that verse, all in references to the many verses before it; one meaning is directed at the Jews re their Temple and current political power passing away soon, and another reference is to a 'generation' referring to the end of an Age, before the 2nd Coming, and no one knows the time of that one's coming. There are at least two other meanings imbedded.

I see Jr. highs and high schools don't teach basic literary devices any more.

Sure they teach literary devices. Futurism is relatively new .. part of the reaction to science and modernity in the early 1900s.

Sure they teach literary devices.

Going by your posts and others here, obviously they don't.

As if you could understand literary devices anyway.

I understand you're sick freak into playing with feces. Having a bad day, everybody using your favorite public toilet flushing and leaving you nothing to eat?

No means no. You need to find some dignity and stop begging, weirdo. What the hell is wrong with you?

LOLOL.. You sure are haughty and ignorant. Futurism was promoted by Scofield and has changed the face of Protestantism.

You're an idiot posting crap.

You're a victim of Scofield.

You google scolared something that had scofield in it, and now you have to work the name into every post now, trying to fake knowing stuff, like a kid who just found a wad of silly putty. It has nothing to with Scholfield, you tard.

I understand you're sick freak into playing with feces. Having a bad day, everybody using your favorite public toilet flushing and leaving you nothing to eat?

My God, Dudley.. You're sick.

Since you found scofield, go google scholar your buddy's handle, then get back to us on who's sick here, dumbass.

My God, Dudley.. You're sick.

Since you found scofield, go google scholar your buddy's handle, then get back to us on who's sick here, dumbass.

Google doesn't take away your stupidity, it just highlights what you don't really understand.

LOLOL.. You sure are haughty and ignorant. Futurism was promoted by Scofield and has changed the face of Protestantism.

You're an idiot posting crap.

You're a victim of Scofield.

You google scolared something that had scofield in it, and now you have to work the name into every post now, trying to fake knowing stuff, like a kid who just found a wad of silly putty. It has nothing to with Scholfield, you tard.

I have known about the Scofield heresy for 50 years and its terrible influence on Protestantism.. Not everyone is a google scholar.

You should study context and first century history.

The key to understanding what Jesus meant by “this generation will not pass away until all these things take place” is the context; that is, we must understand the verses that are surrounding Matthew 24:34, especially the verses prior to it. In Matthew 24:4–31, Jesus is clearly giving a prophecy; He is speaking of future events. Jesus had already told those living during His earthly ministry that the kingdom had been taken from them (Matthew 21:43). Therefore, it is imperative that Matthew 24–25 be seen as dealing with a future time. The generation that Jesus speaks of “not passing” until He returns is a future generation, namely, the people living when the predicted events occur. The word generation refers to the people alive in the future when the events of Matthew 24–25 take place.

The key to understanding what Jesus meant by “this generation will not pass away until all these things take place” is the context; that is, we must understand the verses that are surrounding Matthew 24:34, especially the verses prior to it. In Matthew 24:4–31, Jesus is clearly giving a prophecy; He is speaking of future events. Jesus had already told those living during His earthly ministry that the kingdom had been taken from them (Matthew 21:43). Therefore, it is imperative that Matthew 24–25 be seen as dealing with a future time. The generation that Jesus speaks of “not passing” until He returns is a future generation, namely, the people living when the predicted events occur. The word generation refers to the people alive in the future when the events of Matthew 24–25 take place.

No he's not speaking of future generations. He's speaking to the people of the first century who needed reassurance and encouragement. Got questions is based in Dallas Theological Seminary and Moody Institute. Both are Scofield.

It is taught in the Bible that the ancient prophet Enoch did not experience death but was taken by God. So from the beginning of the Judeo/Christian history, it has been believed that God could make it so there are some in this life who do not taste of death up until they are either changed in the twinkling of an eye or eventually do experience death at a much later time. Because Jesus was the very first to resurrect, all who experienced death from the time of Adam until the time of Jesus had to wait until after Jesus' resurrection before they could come forth from the dead and reunite their spirits with their bodies. In the case of Enoch, he did not see death but was translated by God. To be translated is a process of living beyond a normal life span for an extended amount of time until one is either changed in the twinkling of an eye from the translated state into a resurrected state or until the translated being dies at a much later date and then is resurrection just as other dead people are who die naturally.

Hebrews 11:5
5 By fai
th Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Jesus, during his minister on earth told a group of his disciples that that there were some among them that would not taste of death until they saw the son of man coming in the power of the kingdom of God.

Matthew 16:28
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Luke 9:27
27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

Mark 9:1
1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

One of those disciples of Jesus who received the promise of Jesus that he would be translated and not taste of death was the Apostle John. This is spoken of by Jesus in the final chapter of John.

John 21:21-25
21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? (speaking of John)
22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.
23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?
24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.
25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

At a bear minimum, the translation of John will go on until the Lord comes again upon the earth. At that time, it may be that John will then suffer death but it will not happen until the second coming of Jesus Christ. Notice that Jesus did not say that John would not die, but that he said, "If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?" the promise to John was that he would tarry until the second coming. At that time, he may suffer death. Some believe that John and perhaps Elijah will be the two witnesses that are prophesied in Revelation 11 who will die and rise after three and a half days. Elijah did not taste of death while of this earth but was taken up in a whirlwind.

The men in the video spoken of in my first post make the assumption that everyone in the generation that existed at the time Christ was on the earth all lived a normal lifetime and died at an average age of dying. But God has the power to extend life and has done so for certain people who have been on this earth. To assume that the entire generation of those who lived at that time have passed away is to not have faith in the words and power of Jesus Christ. There are those who claim that John died but there is no definitive proof that he died.

Forum List

Back