A Dock Worker Strike Could Cost Kamala The White House. Why Won’t Biden Stop It?

We have antitrust laws that govern companies from gaining too much control over particular markets. Are there not antitrust laws that prevent unions and workers from doing the same and making outlandish demands? If not, there should be, otherwise why don’t all the airline pilots get together and demand 1 million/yr to fly?

Auto-correct on an IPAD leaves a lot to be desired. Sometimes it misses misspellings, other times it even suggests incorrect replacements. It doesn’t help that I have an older IPAD that lags when typing using a bluetooth keyboard that misses letters on occasion. The intent was obviously “genius”, but you knew that, and it doesn’t take one to figure it out.

Unions raise wages, but destroy productivity, raise consumer prices, make the US less economically competitive on the world stage and ultimately reduce employment.
So you want workers wages reduced? No american should do the jobs for overseas wages. Never.

We have antitrust laws that govern companies from gaining too much control over particular markets. Are there not antitrust laws that prevent unions and workers from doing the same and making outlandish demands? If not, there should be, otherwise why don’t all the airline pilots get together and demand 1 million/yr to fly?
What do airline pilots make anyway? Should be a couple hundred thousand starting wage for the job they do.

What do airline pilots make anyway? Should be a couple hundred thousand starting wage for the job they do.

It is, but you may have missed the point. Essential workers forming a pact to fleece the companies they work for is untenable. Collusion is illegal for corporations for that very reason. It shouldn’t be legal for employees, again, for the same reason.

Auto-correct on an IPAD leaves a lot to be desired. Sometimes it misses misspellings, other times it even suggests incorrect replacements. It doesn’t help that I have an older IPAD that lags when typing using a bluetooth keyboard that misses letters on occasion. The intent was obviously “genius”, but you knew that, and it doesn’t take one to figure it out.

Unions raise wages, but destroy productivity, raise consumer prices, make the US less economically competitive on the world stage and ultimately reduce employment.
Let me play devils advocate for a sec. What about protections against employer abuse and unreasonable demands? What about unsubstantiated claims that can jeopardize a good employee's job?

Very true. However, you could have meant "generous" because it works.

Forum List

Back