A fetus is not alive? Waaah?

I'm not going to name names but I recently saw another poster make one the most dumbfounding statements I've ever seen posted on a messageboard. And it inspired this thread. The comment in question was that abortion doesn't kill a fetus because a fetus isn't alive. Yes, you heard that correct. I repeat, abortion doesn't kill a fetus because a fetus isn't alive. :eusa_eh:

So then I wonder, am I missing something? Because honestly, I can't imagine how anyone without seriously diminished intellectual capacity could actually believe that a normal, healthy fetus isn't alive. For the record, I am pro-choice. But I am certainly not capable of the mental gymnastics required to fool myself into believing that abortion isn't killing a fetus. That's simply absurd.

What do you make of this?

I guess I make nothing of it but the idea that somebody is talking about fetus and somebody else is talking about a fully developed human being. Misinterpretations of meanings in arguments on the web are what keep threads like this going.

Define what a fetus is and nobdoy in their right mind wpould say a fetus is NOT alive. And define what alive is while your at it.

:eusa_shhh:

riiight right... because when ethicists use any given ethical paradigm it's not THEIR PERSONAL RATIONAL AGENT SELVES THAT ARE MAKING THE ETHICAL DECISIONS AT ALL! No no.. it's the subject, ITSELF! :rofl: Here, let me get comfy so I can really drive this point home, motherfucker..

A fetus is not THE rational agent making the ethical choices, fuck nugget. Period. Point. Blank. No more with Kantian paradigms than with utilitarian paradigms. How much utility does a fucking BABY MONKEY or FETUS assign to THEMSELVES, you dumb fuck? They don't. Because YOU are the one using utilitarianism just like I am the one using Kantianism. What IS fucking funnier than shit though is that you'd even dive into this shallow tangent for the sake of a bullshit strawman defense anyway. For real, dude. Did you think Utilitarianism is the ONLY ethical philosophy? Did you think that accusing someone of copying and pasting deflects how fucking HILARIOUS it is to see your otherwise loquacious self, instead of clarifying an error, pretty much pull a peewee herman style "nuh HUH!"? :rofl: You've been fucking punked, dude. YOU know it. I know it. and, now that I know who you are, pedobear, it makes a whole lot of sense why you keep eating a giant spoonful of Fail.

ps... it's fucking hilarious that you needed to disguise yourself behind another account, dude.. Lemme guess.. this is the kind of thing you HAVE to do after making your customary "adults should fuck children" speech at a new forum, eh?

Perhaps you think that this incoherent tantrum would hide the fact that you still have yet to make an argument? It hasn't. Since you've done nothing but expose your own ignorance in this thread (I'm still laughing at your patently imbecilic example regarding the "slapping" of the Holocaust victim, which exposed your ignorance as being leagues deeper than I'd imagined), you've therefore not had the means to make an argument.

Moreover, it's still obvious that you don't actually know anything about Kantianism, since you've not been able to understand Kant's reference to rational agents. Rather, you simply perused Wikipedia for a bit, and gathered some dim comprehension that "LOL LOL LOL KANTIANISM AGAINST CONSEQUENTIALISM LOL LOL LOL." Yet, you've not actually had the ability to apply that very thin kernel of knowledge. Congratulations! :eusa_clap:

I am pro-choice. If a woman has an abortion it is between her and her Doctor. God will judge the action on the day of judgement.

You cannot go against Nature,
Because when you do.......

Go against Nature,
That's part of Nature too.

Love and Rockets - "No new tale to tell".

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AFb3TUoxfo[/ame]

Look up the definition of 'human' it Is the genome that determines the species of life. If I were to sever your spinal cord at the brainstem, then- when combined with your obvious lack of a brain- yuou would have no nervous system. Since you're no longer a human, am I free to do with you as I wish?

Life and Sentience are two different things. I wonder if many of your ilk could pass the Turing test.

Because i know it's coming, the argument of 'viability' breaks down. if the right to life is determined by self-sustenance, one is not alive until one if 5-8 years old. Ne2born children, the elderly, and the sick all fail to survive without care. hell, we all fail to survive as soon as we lose earth- no life is viable outside of the bioshpere

And therein lies another reason why "viability" is a bullshit argument. We are all "unviable" outside of the environment for which we are designed. I could no more live in the ocean than a fetus can outside the womb. Why? Because I'm designed and intended to live on land, and a fetus is designed and intended to live in a uterus. To say that a fetus is not a living creature because he can't behave like the adult he isn't is as ludicrous as saying a whale isn't a living creature because it can't grow legs and walk on the beach.

I personally believe that until the mass of cells forms a nervous system (somewhere after 40 days), it's just a mass of cells and therefore not a "human".

But, when it does get a nervous system, it can now feel pain, and that is the point where it becomes "human".

Forum List

Back