A Point Of Law

the_human_being

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2014
Paul made this statement in his letter to the Romans:

Rom_1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Pretty damning, correct? This Scripture is often quoted to state that all who lived and died without Christ in the eons past are doomed to suffer the pangs of the Lake of Fire. Really? Would our Creator be so heartless? Allow me to argue in their defense.

Paul also said this:

Rom_7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Here Paul states that he would not have known lust except the Ten Commandments said "Thou shalt not covet". This seems to state that Paul would not have even known it was wrong to lust had it not been for the Law.

A little cannibal lived many eons ago in the Amazon rain forest. He lived, married, and had children but thought nothing of killing and eating a member of a rival tribe. He never heard of our God, Christ, the Bible, nor the Ten Commandments. What was he guilty of?

Rom_3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Rom_5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Who among you will say definitely that this young cannibal's name will not be found written in the Lamb's Book of Life?

Who among you will say definitely that this young cannibal's name will not be found written in the Lamb's Book of Life?

I would say there is no book of life, it is theological bunk. The truth may be, humans are on a long journey of spiritual evolution that takes place over countless incarnations, and in the end all souls are redeemed and made perfect. They will know in their hearts what is right and what is wrong thereby achieving a state of grace and needing no judgement.

I would say there is no book of life, it is theological bunk. The truth may be, humans are on a long journey of spiritual evolution that takes place over countless incarnations, and in the end all souls are redeemed and made perfect. They will know in their hearts what is right and what is wrong thereby achieving a state of grace and needing no judgement.

That from Startrek or from Mother Goose?

Its the consensus of teachings from various famous spiritualist mediums such as, Ursula Roberts, Ivy Northage, and Grace Cook. I studied their teachings in the 1970s and though I think they are all now dead, their teachings live on, and can be found on the Internet.

Its the consensus of teachings from various famous spiritualist mediums such as, Ursula Roberts, Ivy Northage, and Grace Cook. I studied their teachings in the 1970s and though I think they are all now dead, their teachings live on, and can be found on the Internet.

The Holy Bible's teachings have survived far longer than those people's have.

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil." 2 Corinthians 5:10

This suggests that we will be judged according to our deeds regardless of our faith.

Romans 1-20 kind of needs 18 & 19 to put it in context:

"18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them."

The bible was written by men, devoid of secular authority, a collection of myths and legends which long predate the bible.

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil." 2 Corinthians 5:10

This suggests that we will be judged according to our deeds regardless of our faith.

"18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them."

Yes but different judgements. The Church will appear before God to receive individual reward for what each did while on earth. Some will receive great reward while others will receive very little. The Great White Throne Judgement will be when the remainder of mankind will be judged and when the Books will be opened on them.

I will allow you to put into context how my little cannibal knew about God, the Bible, the Law, or the saving Grace of the Christ.
To my own mind it is we who are without excuse, not my little cannibal. Why would Christ have said it will be more tolerant for Sodom than for Capernaium? Sodom had not the Law.

The bible was written by men, devoid of secular authority, a collection of myths and legends which long predate the bible.

Go preach your bile to the other Satanic possessed members.

Yes but different judgements. The Church will appear before God to receive individual reward for what each did while on earth. Some will receive great reward while others will receive very little. The Great White Throne Judgement will be when the remainder of mankind will be judged and when the Books will be opened on them.

I will allow you to put into context how my little cannibal knew about God, the Bible, the Law, or the saving Grace of the Christ.
To my own mind it is we who are without excuse, not my little cannibal. Why would Christ have said it will be more tolerant for Sodom than for Capernaium? Sodom had not the Law.

You either believe that God made it evident in them or not. If he did, then they will be judged according to the knowledge in them. If not, then they would not be judged according to knowledge they did not have.

You either believe that God made it evident in them or not. If he did, then they will be judged according to the knowledge in them. If not, then they would not be judged according to knowledge they did not have.

I don't believe it because if He had, Christ would not have stated that it would be more tolerable for Sodm in the judgement than for Capernaum.

Forum List

Back