A poll.. what percent does your employer contribute to SS/Medicare?

What is the combined % payment an employer pays on behalf of employee for SS/Medicare?

• 0% Employers don't pay anything!

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 2%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7.6%

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters
Oh the poor companies ! When an employee gets hurt on the job , thy pay out a little work comp, then let the taxpayers take care of the employee forever thru SS disability payments . What a raw deal !
The employee pays all of it, douche bag. The employer pays nothing. That's just a book keeping fiction to fool morons like you, and you bought it hook, line and sinker.
If you are self employed the govt. covers 50% of social security...

I am curious as to what amount people think employers pay into SS/Medicare

Trick question for those who believe the propaganda about a Trust Fund and who pays.

But not for me. I AM my employer and I pay it all... .
Imagine that...

FICA rates in 2016 are 7.6% for both worker and employer. 6.2 for SS and 1.45 for Medicare. What's the point here?

Health Myths hates the idea that old people are getting a better deal from the government than from big corporations cheating them on an insurance policy and a 401K.

No they aren't. You're a gullible idiot. You deserve Obamacare.

This is from a guy who complains that investment funds take a couple percent for management -- but then the government takes 15% - 20% for Capital Gains if you make anything on it...

Fact is ---- when money in bank paid interest or the government wasn't screwing every Boomer retiree by KILLING the interest rate ---- You could make $400,000 putting YOUR FICA from a blue collar paycheck into safe bonds. AND pass it on to your kids if you died.

They do not pay anything. They merely forward some of the money that you have earned.

Oh the poor companies ! When an employee gets hurt on the job , thy pay out a little work comp, then let the taxpayers take care of the employee forever thru SS disability payments . What a raw deal !
Alittle work comp!! Do you have any clue,comp is one of the biggest expense for a company.there is no such thing as alittle comp.

Trick question for those who believe the propaganda about a Trust Fund and who pays.

Imagine that...
You don't do the 50-50 for self employed? Or did you incorporate?

There IS no 50-50 Moonie.. Self-employed people pay it ALL... And incorporating doesn't help if I draw salary because it's still money I and my partners made.

And with the cap where it is --- I'm gonna lose about $300,000 (privately invested equivalent in safe bonds) on Soc Sec if I die before 100..

Imagine that...

There IS no 50-50 Moonie.. Self-employed people pay it ALL... And incorporating doesn't help if I draw salary because it's still money I and my partners made.

And with the cap where it is --- I'm gonna lose about $300,000 (privately invested equivalent in safe bonds) on Soc Sec if I die before 100..
Yeah, they have sure screwed many folks I know on the same.....

There are two income tax deductions that reduce your taxes. First, your net earnings from self-employment are reduced by half the amount of your total Social Security tax.
Second, you can deduct half of your Social Security tax on IRS Form 1040. But the deduction must be taken from your gross income in determining your adjusted gross income.

Imagine that...

Yeah, they have sure screwed many folks I know on the same.....

There are two income tax deductions that reduce your taxes. First, your net earnings from self-employment are reduced by half the amount of your total Social Security tax.
Second, you can deduct half of your Social Security tax on IRS Form 1040. But the deduction must be taken from your gross income in determining your adjusted gross income.

That's the same deduction that all businesses get off the GROSS. So at least they dont tax business or self-employed for making 1/2 the payment.. How American of them...

FICA rates in 2016 are 7.6% for both worker and employer. 6.2 for SS and 1.45 for Medicare. What's the point here?

The point is, that while what you said in correct on a purely technical level, it's in reality completely false. Employer pays 0%. The employee pays 15.2%.

The amount you are paid as an employee is calculated to include the employer side taxes and fees.

In other words.... say the employer determine he can afford to pay $30,000 for a given position. When he determines what your wages should be, he doesn't say $30,000 and he just pays all the taxes and fees himself... instead he deducts the cost of tax and fees, from what he would have paid you.

So let's pretend that all the taxes, all the fees, all the workers comp costs, all of it adds up to $10,000 a year. How much do you get paid? $20,000. $30K wage - $10K taxes and fees = your pay check of $20,000.

That's the point I think he's trying to me. Or at least, that is the point I would be making if I had written this thread.

When you look at your pay check, what you see is the amount of money left over, from how much they spend paying all those taxes and benefits your government demands they provide.

_HeDcFfKS42RJOpdSN1QN07-xIt8mbSPdP9REMNo1fubTb1uN34qNJDAFGe6DvABSqApaHj-d_0w6JJAKcq81jeNqLN5i8_50IOUjn7Q_XUz4TPWVcrP9jFToD2EBJLB_8wPKdTix8uSxuduSTCa3ePVFG1AjENand6gSD-h9ni5UWqiDijGZLCW7qbhnl9Haou0-6eDVlWQD2U7UfOar4HpV4rUF0FTn_zfs1kcETYxP3E4LyvOZKUT4iHY5c9dJK1co0E7v5XSTjKxAAFW6OOS9Yvyo111LELK50Rbl-k_wk8hDafy8dd9-naJdsY0BVgoiffbtS02p1MhZRtqJLqVU28o2J3A0nWerXKD8GTx3PdyVGuEK04N3Gld34j_jVmcxOXx-uNPlFuvNG7HVJvehZOaNbZlw1t22WUiNBD96gs3x_OCquK9pLjjXlubp5FQKTLHHNF528SSk_l8sqqND_wNHxD0sgw8yjnXPvUsA0iqutNLq8ahPnm2BWolhb39kOAHcmc_rTqOD_C8DRDMr6OdODNgHJECINKlVLGerRJcJg5fgcrrWMRv6gfaKeUrneseozRQ6PtOeXMedqje7RxPnFo=w620-h320-no

These poor companies pay out an arm and a leg in workers' comp insurance premiums. The insurance company pays out to the injured worker. If the injured worker does not file a claim - there's no payout. If multiple employees file multiple claims - the insurance premiums for the company increase. Not all injuries result in disability claims to SS. Hell, I got a damned bee sting sitting at my desk, but personnel said I had to report it just in case I had future complications (I'm allergic). I slapped a wad of wet tobacco on the sting - problem solved. Kept right on working, never filed a claim, never collected SS disability.

No. I don't know how the damned bee got in the 15th floor of a secured high rise office building or how it found me. Maybe the elevator shaft wasn't secure - I'm pretty sure, though, it didn't have an elevator pass in it's back pocket.

Health Myths hates the idea that old people are getting a better deal from the government than from big corporations cheating them on an insurance policy and a 401K.

They aren't getting a better deal, bub. The employer pays the entire amount as part of the employee's compensation. The higher the SS and Medicare taxes, the lower the wage for the employee. SS is not invested in anything. There is no lock box trust fund. It's just a tax on future generations ponzi scheme. When it started, there were dozens of tax payers per recipient; we are now below 3 to 1. It's crashing into insolvency.

The point is, that while what you said in correct on a purely technical level, it's in reality completely false. Employer pays 0%. The employee pays 15.2%.

The amount you are paid as an employee is calculated to include the employer side taxes and fees.

In other words.... say the employer determine he can afford to pay $30,000 for a given position. When he determines what your wages should be, he doesn't say $30,000 and he just pays all the taxes and fees himself... instead he deducts the cost of tax and fees, from what he would have paid you.

So let's pretend that all the taxes, all the fees, all the workers comp costs, all of it adds up to $10,000 a year. How much do you get paid? $20,000. $30K wage - $10K taxes and fees = your pay check of $20,000.

That's the point I think he's trying to me. Or at least, that is the point I would be making if I had written this thread.

When you look at your pay check, what you see is the amount of money left over, from how much they spend paying all those taxes and benefits your government demands they provide.

_HeDcFfKS42RJOpdSN1QN07-xIt8mbSPdP9REMNo1fubTb1uN34qNJDAFGe6DvABSqApaHj-d_0w6JJAKcq81jeNqLN5i8_50IOUjn7Q_XUz4TPWVcrP9jFToD2EBJLB_8wPKdTix8uSxuduSTCa3ePVFG1AjENand6gSD-h9ni5UWqiDijGZLCW7qbhnl9Haou0-6eDVlWQD2U7UfOar4HpV4rUF0FTn_zfs1kcETYxP3E4LyvOZKUT4iHY5c9dJK1co0E7v5XSTjKxAAFW6OOS9Yvyo111LELK50Rbl-k_wk8hDafy8dd9-naJdsY0BVgoiffbtS02p1MhZRtqJLqVU28o2J3A0nWerXKD8GTx3PdyVGuEK04N3Gld34j_jVmcxOXx-uNPlFuvNG7HVJvehZOaNbZlw1t22WUiNBD96gs3x_OCquK9pLjjXlubp5FQKTLHHNF528SSk_l8sqqND_wNHxD0sgw8yjnXPvUsA0iqutNLq8ahPnm2BWolhb39kOAHcmc_rTqOD_C8DRDMr6OdODNgHJECINKlVLGerRJcJg5fgcrrWMRv6gfaKeUrneseozRQ6PtOeXMedqje7RxPnFo=w620-h320-no

B'loney. The EMPLOYER pays 100% of it. Without a job, the un-employee owes nothing to SS.

As an employer, I can tell you we pay zero. We calculate it into the salary we pay you. The idea we pay half and you pay half is government lying to you. If you don't provide enough value to cover all our costs of paying you ... we shit can you ... And that's on you, not us. You weren't worth the cost

That makes absolutely no sense. You are paying for the employee's total compensation, hence you are also paying the taxes.

As an employer, I can tell you we pay zero. We calculate it into the salary we pay you. The idea we pay half and you pay half is government lying to you. If you don't provide enough value to cover all our costs of paying you ... we shit can you ... And that's on you, not us. You weren't worth the cost

That makes absolutely no sense. You are paying for the employee's total compensation, hence you are also paying the taxes.

You're making a distinction without a difference. We are agreeing that the payments are part of the employee's total compensation. The employee has to earn the money. Whether you want to look at that as I'm paying the government as part of their compensation or the way I did that I consider their compensation to be their total cost and this is just tax money I'm forwarding on their behalf, the fundamental concept is the same.

I'm curious why rather than starting with the OP and telling them the correct choice by your argument is not there (15.2%) and you fundamentally disagree with the OP's premise the employer pays half, you came to me who you don't have a philosophical difference with and said what I said doesn't make sense

You're making a distinction without a difference. We are agreeing that the payments are part of the employee's total compensation. The employee has to earn the money. Whether you want to look at that as I'm paying the government as part of their compensation or the way I did that I consider their compensation to be their total cost and this is just tax money I'm forwarding on their behalf, the fundamental concept is the same.

I'm curious why rather than starting with the OP and telling them the correct choice by your argument is not there (15.2%) and you fundamentally disagree with the OP's premise the employer pays half, you came to me who you don't have a philosophical difference with and said what I said doesn't make sense

The employer pays the entire amount as part of the employee's compensation. As I said, if the employee were not employed, he wouldn't pay anything.

Forum List

Back